Resetting password problem

This forum is for bugs, crash reports and error messages encountered when attempting to install or run the game.
DontBeaWuss

Resetting password problem

Post by DontBeaWuss »

My registered email address to SHK is no longer accessible and hasn't been for many years. How am I supposed to be able to change my SHK password (as per your recent rules) if you keep sending an email to my old email address which I cannot access??
Lord Alacrity

Re: Resetting password problem

Post by Lord Alacrity »

If you have lost access to the email address used to register the game account, please complete the form on this page to apply for account recovery: https://www.strongholdkingdoms.com/acctrecovery

Please be aware that not all requests will be approved and that the most common reason a request is not approved is insufficient or incorrect information.

We also will not be able to approve your request if the new e-mail which you chose has already been used to register a Stronghold Kingdoms account. If your application is declined, please try submitting the application again and choosing a different new e-mail address.

Any information you choose to provide is held encrypted and then deleted as soon as the associated request is approved or declined.

If your application is approved you will receive an e-mail at the new e-mail address you provided. If you have not received an e-mail to the new email address you selected after 48 hours, this most likely means your application was not approved and should be resubmitted.
DontBeaWuss

Post by DontBeaWuss »

Thank you, I have filled it in, however, the questions would not disappear when I wrote in the boxes...not sure if you'll see anything your side.
DontBeaWuss

Post by DontBeaWuss »

Matter is now resolved - many thanks for quick responses to my predicament, much appreciated :)
paulieCee

Post by paulieCee »

how long to get this sorted
Lord Alacrity

Post by Lord Alacrity »

We have received a large number of requests and appreciate everyone's patience.

The most common reason that we can not approve a request has been that the e-mail chosen already has a Stronghold Kingdoms account registered to it. If the replacement e-mail chosen has an old or unused account associated with it, it cannot be used to recover your account. Even if the account associated with the e-mail was never authenticated, that e-mail cannot be used as the replacement e-mail address.

To be sure that your recovery application is approved, please consider using an e-mail address created very recently as your replacement address or creating a new e-mail address for this purpose.
glendor

Post by glendor »

It was just under 2 hours for me,but my account was also tied in with google play. I signed up 2014 and lost access to the original email 2 years ago.
Thunderscar1

Post by Thunderscar1 »

i requested to have my password reset for my thunderscar1 account since i dont haev access to the email anymore and i put in the correct info for that account but i was instead sent a link to reset the password of my mobile account i made back when the mobile version first came out that i dont use anymore. im not sure why that account was the one chosen for the password reset when i asked for it for my actual account

Edit: i put in a request for the other account to be deleted, currently waiting for a email response for that. if i cant get a password reset for my thunderscar1 account i will ask for it to be deleted aswell and just make another account
Lord Alacrity

Post by Lord Alacrity »

We thank everyone for their continued patience.

The most frequent problem we are encountering when trying to approve an account recovery is that the replacement e-mail chosen was already used at some time in the past to register an account and cannot be used.

If the replacement address you are trying to use was created before yesterday, it's a best to assume that you may have accidentally tried to use it for something Stronghold Kingdoms related in the past. If your application is being rejected the first thing to try is to resubmit the application with an e-mail that you have recently created and cannot possibly have a Stronghold Kingdoms account registered to it.

If you submit multiple requests, this may delay the resolution of the account recovery.
Dav1d Turner

Post by Dav1d Turner »

this is not a password request or a recovery of an account , Stronghold Kingdoms on Steam does not have a log-in screen there are no passwords ,steam connects automatically to my SHK account , you have locked out every SHK player on Steam , their cards , tokens and gold coins they have purchased cannot be accessed till you resolve this problem !

Return to “Technical Help”