About becoming steward

If you’re new to Stronghold Kingdoms or have a question about the game, check here for useful advice.
atul788

About becoming steward

Post by atul788 »

I am alone in my parish.
Can I become steward.
DontBeaWuss

Re: About becoming steward

Post by DontBeaWuss »

Of course...either use your free votes or send a monk...unless of course you're on a new world because, as soon as you become steward, many will come and steal your flags.
William Trask

Post by William Trask »

Have a village in a parish and cannot vote. It shows no votes available. Also, I found a parish that was unoccupied, bought a village and now cannot vote there either. No one is the steward and would like to install myself. I can vote in another parish where I have one village. I do not know why it lets me in one but not in the other two…
latefordinner

Post by latefordinner »

related question. I just elected myself steward of a parish that has been abandoned by the previous steward. (well, somebody had to take over, and as I am the only active player in the parish atm the choice seemed obvious) Slowly rebuilding the damage done by various raiding players. Quite a list of things to do!
Among other things, how do I go about raising troops to defend the parish castle? Just send my own? Also, is it possible for flags to spawn, or is the only way to just build a big army and go door to door?

thanks in advance
latefordinner

Post by latefordinner »

Thank you for the reply, King Phillip II. That helps clarify. There were no flags in the village when I took over, still aren't any several days later. I guess it's going to be a looooooooong wait before I can build an archery range. Fortunately there are still a few troops there, and enough walls and towers to build on. I will send a few more of my own, as soon as I can build them (and also protect my own little village).Taxes/tithes aren't too high, but high enough that I can buy a little stone now and again and improve the walls. <sigh> I would rather depend on walls of steel than walls of stone, but for now this must be sufficient. Thanks again.
William Trask

Post by William Trask »

can you explain to me the point and purpose of sitting in a parish with one small village and not developing anything? parish after parish I see one village and nothing else. What is the benefit other than waiting for someone to spawn into the parish?
Priest Guardian

Post by Priest Guardian »

William Trask wrote:can you explain to me the point and purpose of sitting in a parish with one small village and not developing anything? parish after parish I see one village and nothing else. What is the benefit other than waiting for someone to spawn into the parish?
Without knowing a lot of details that could change the answer I give. The most obvious to me is political power

The player in question may hold the sheriff seat for the county and puts all his/her resources into upgrading the sheriff seat which has a more able army. They may also have a primary parish also which they focus on with perhaps a couple villages in. Then they try to control as many other parishes as possible in the county with one village in each for votes to keep their seat secure, as most players not holding seats of political power are irregular at best with voting

This is probably the most popular reason to your question but not the only one
After you try all the other MMO's , you keep coming back to SHK's
William Trask

Post by William Trask »

Thanks... I figured that it was something to do with big picture politics... but I am new to that part of the game and did not know.
What is a good resource for information on the details of running a parish seat?
How do you release the parish locked castle upgrades? if you delete a building do you loose the benefits or is that the way to make room for more buildings?I have watched a couple of videos but so far it is very sketchy on the details...
William Trask

Post by William Trask »

Walk me though this please or point me in the direction of a good resource. (I have found none thus far but I am sure that one must exist)
After setting a building in the Parish and maxing out it's level so that no more development can be done with that building... are we then to delete it and set a new different building? When it is deleted, does the Parish keep the benefits?

Return to “Game Help”