Insultingly awful support

All discussion related to activity in World 7 should be posted here.
Dianthus

Insultingly awful support

Post by Dianthus »

"General Information

Ticket ID #159131
Full Name Dianthus
Email [redacted]
Type Problem
Priority High

Subject: Incredibly awful support; deleted castles (only moat & pits remain), crippled Archicets Guild

The "1" rating I gave some moron who calls himself Lord Efficient hardly reflects my unhappiness with his response to my Ticket: #159085. For you convenience, our dialog went as follows:

"[Title] two deleted full castles [nb: only moat & pits remain]
Created: 19 August 2019 06:42 AM Updated: 19 August 2019 07:17 PM

Posted on: 19 August 2019 06:42 AM
I've just lost two of my castles - in [redacted] and [redacted] - to apparent deletion by the game. I saw an incoming Enemy attack to one and looked to see if it was in good repair... and it was gone. It's almost as if someone signed in as me and meticulously deleted the entire castle infrastructure, except moat and killing pits. But if someone had done that from a different computer I would have been kicked off, and that didn't happen. I've been signed in the entire time. And no one else has access to this computer.

All the troops have disappeared as well -- not disbanded, as there aren't enough excess villagers for that to have happened. Parish troops have been moved to the barracks, and turned into "ghosts" -- they cannot be successfully placed nor recalled to the parish.This is not a new phenomenon -- I have a few "ghost" parish troops elsewhere, unrelated to the "deleted castle" phenomenon.

W t f?

Posted on: 19 August 2019 07:17 PM
It is possible that your castles were captured by other players, please check your reports to see this.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Lord Efficient
Stronghold Kingdoms Support Staff"

How he could think I could tell him what I told him if I didn't still own the castles I cannot imagine. Plus, I'm a 40-village Crown Princess on World 7 with a number of Ages under my belt, not a noob! I know you are probably paying this guy only in Crowns , and he's getting paid for tickets closed, but you need to fire him anyway and find someone with some conscience about doing his job.

And there's another bug. My faction-mate [redacted] submitted ticket #159096 on this on 19 Aug 7:07a, titled "Architect's Guild reduced from Level 8 to 5". No answer yet, which is better than the "service" I received. Anyway, it's happened to me, too, in [redacted], [nonsense word removed] my AG was reduced from Level 8 to level 1. I bought the village as a charter and the castle I am building still has 7 Great Towers under construction, so there is no question the AG was recently level 8. There is no one else in the parish and neither the parish Wall nor my reports show any arrivals in the parish or any change in the Stewardship. I DID NOT DELETE OR RESTART THE ARCHITECT'S GUILD! NO ONE ELSE COULD HAVE DONE SO EITHER! It's a bug, or some loon at Firefly, and I'm not paranoid enough to believe the latter. Plus I changed my password after the first ticket, and, again, I was never logged off this machine by someone signing in as me elsewhere."

Does anyone know, does Firefly empower its ticket-responders to even look at games in which bugs are reported? Even if this clown can't read English well enough (or isn't smart enough or paying attention enough) to realize that I have to still own the villages whose castles have been deleted in order to to be able to tell him that the moats and killing pits have not been deleted (but every tower, ballista, etc., including every single bit of stone wall is gone), I told him the parishes involved and he need merely look to see that I still own the villages. And can't he look at my reports to answer his own suggestion?Sheesh.

Also, am I missing some way to respond to his response, or does any response by him close the ticket, as appears to be the case?
Dianthus

Re: Insultingly awful support

Post by Dianthus »

...er, looking at another thread I see a reference to "capturing towers". Is this the forum for the same "World 7" that I play on?

The questions I'm asking about ticketing are general enough to be relevant here in any case, but... is reposting appropriate? Where?
Dianthus

Post by Dianthus »

If I try to look at this ticket now the color bar has changed from green to red and the content is gone. "Owner" is "unassaigned". Does this mean someone reacted to my criticism by trashing the ticket?
Dianthus

Post by Dianthus »

...if so, it's a particularly good ting that I memorialized the interaction here before it went in the round file. I guess I should screenshot this thread as well lest it too... disappear.
Dianthus

Post by Dianthus »

I'm the only one logged into this board, so I guess this Forum is pretty dead.

So, where did the 56 views come from? I've supplied a dozen or so, I guess, but who are the others who don't think this is worth commenting on?

It occurred to me that I knew more than I realized when first mentioned it to indicate that the downgrading of my Architect's guild from Level 8 to Level 1 had to happen withing Firefly's operation, presumably as a bug but possibly as sabotage or sabotage-through-incompetent-experimentation. The reason is that it takes three days or so to get an AG back into operation, and I couldn't even have replaced stone blocks between towers in that interval. I would therefor have to have failed to attempt to repair those two castles in the three+ days that I had no AG in order for it to be deleted and construction begun and completed on a new one, which is the only in-game way to go from Level 8 to Level 1. That didn't happen. I left the game on all the time on one of my computers and, while its not the only thing that triggers repairs, I always look and repair when I see incoming attacks. I did not miss all the incoming Enemy and AI Castle attacks on two castles for three+ days. Impossible.

My faction-mate whose AG was reduced from Level 8 to Level 5 finally got a reply from "Lord Efficient"(sic). Here is what he posted to my faction thread:

" I finally got a response to my Ticket: #159086:

"Architect's Guild reduced from level 8 to 5
Created: 19 August 2019 07:07 AM Updated: 22 August 2019 12:59 AM

DEPARTMENT
Gameplay
OWNER
Stronghold Kingd...
TYPE
Problem
STATUS
Resolved

Posted on: 19 August 2019 07:07 AM
My Architect's Guild in long-term-owned parish [redacted] (World 7 is all I've ever played) has unaccountably been reduced from level 8 to level 5. I've only got a Snake AI castle, so it's been a while since I've had to replace a Great Tower, but I've had to replace wall and would have noticed the restricted build options had they been in place for long. The other player in the parish has never been Steward, so he didn't delete the AG and rebuild it, and I certainly didn't do it either.

Stronghold Kingdoms...
Staff
Posted on: 22 August 2019 12:59 AM
Thank you for contacting Stronghold Kingdoms Support. The issue you are describing can usually be fixed by simply closing the game a restarting it. If you are still having difficulties after a restart, please reply to this ticket and provide a detailed description of the problem, including the steps you may have already tried to remedy it. The more information we have, the better we'll be able to assist you.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Lord Efficient
Stronghold Kingdoms Support Staff

As with the response to Dianthus' ticket, this is obvious utter nonsense. The level of my pariah's Architects' Guild cannot possibly be kept on MY computer, as it can affect other players. I do not recall whether I logged off and on before I re-upgraded my AG from 5 to 8, but it is incionceivable that Firefly would repeatedly process my donations without noticing that the [redacted] AG was already at Level 8. Anyway, the Dianthus AG that was reduced to Level 1 remained, she tells me, at Level 1 even after she logged off and on. Lord Efficient is just lying.

Oh, and that 'please reply to this ticket' business? There's no way I can see to do so, perhaps because Llord Efficient(!) went ahead and marked the ticket 'Resolved'."
Last edited by Dianthus on Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DekeYoungAtlanta

Post by DekeYoungAtlanta »

I chose not to reply to this type of complaint as it has been posted repeatedly with no actual change in Firefly's behavior.
Dianthus

Post by Dianthus »

But you should say that even if Firefly doesn't change, as a warning to others that the ticket system is less than worthless and aggravating as well.

I had reservations about the game, anyway, but this is a deal breaker for me. Playing all the repetitive small ball that SK requires is problematic enough, but if I can't trust Firefly to keep score and I'm losing what that small ball gains me in large chunks... it denigrates the work I've put in. I have other players who depend to some extent on me, so I won't leave them high and dry. But when this Age ends and this map with it, I'm outta here
Dianthus

Post by Dianthus »

Restatement, from an in-game exchange:

Other player: "wow, so, this was a village castle not a parish castle. All the infustruction was deleted..I would recommend changing your password at the least"
Me:"TWO village castles, levels of an Architect's Guld (and that - just that - to [redacted], too -- but in his case it just dropped from level 8 -- he had Great Towers actually building! -- to level 5(!)), and who knows what else. It's not like I keep track of the levels of every Guild and Church. And I did change my password, but the possibility that someone signed in as me and deleted every stone block but carefully left all the moat and killing pits is basically impossible, not merely implausible, for a number of reasons, not least that I would have noticed my inability to build anything while the Architects Guild was being restored to the Square when it was absent for 2-3 days. Plus I was never signed off by someone else signing in, and I am never signed off except to fix a bug, or if Firefly does an update, or my internet goes down (which didn't happen in the relevant period) -- i.e. never for more than a few minutes. It's basically a certainty that it happened at Firefly. I assume it's a bug or the inadvertent result of live testing...

And if it happened, in part, to both [redacted] and I how can it not be common?

But this [redacted] moron "Lord Efficient" says something stupid and irrelevant and closes the tickets. I have no words.
Dianthus

Post by Dianthus »

You mean, not merely having to be re-placed on the map, but having to go through the initial placement delay a second (or third...) time?

I don't recall experiencing either problem, but nothing would surprise me at this point.

I am anyway not so miffed at the bugs as by "Lord Efficient's" insouciant (and, I repeat, insulting) refusal to read or think about the tickets he is dismissing, and the pure stupidity of his responses.

Return to “World 7 Lounge”