SHK had 5 million records hacked

This forum is for bugs, crash reports and error messages encountered when attempting to install or run the game.
Lunks

SHK had 5 million records hacked

Post by Lunks »

https://techcrunch.com/2019/02/14/hacker-strikes-again/

When will know the extent of the information leaks and what if any additional steps we need to take?

Lunks
Valhallas

Re: SHK had 5 million records hacked

Post by Valhallas »

Wow...not only fo the devs support cheaters and botters without stopping them from destroying this gaming community, they also refuse to make us aware of such a breach and refuse to offer extra security measures.

Definitely going to quit this game and stop supporting them after I finish with my servers.

No point in supporting a game where they dont care about their player base nor fix issues. Just take our money is all they care for.
MiladySkye

Post by MiladySkye »

Lunks wrote:https://techcrunch.com/2019/02/14/hacker-strikes-again/

When will know the extent of the information leaks and what if any additional steps we need to take?

Lunks
Thanks for making people aware of this. I wish I could say I was surprised that there was no notification by FF to its player base about this breech. Just more evidence of their irresponsibility and the fact that they don't care about their customers. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if they even bother to address this . . .
Attachments
waiting on an answer.jpg
waiting on an answer.jpg (47.45 KiB) Viewed 3255 times
When injustice is law, resistance becomes duty . . .
Lunks

Post by Lunks »

In 3 days - it'll have been 8 years of posting on this forum. You don't have to dig too far into my posting history to show that the lack of transparency became apparent in W2 (beta).

I would really appreciate understanding a little more about the hack and what information of ours was shared. Usernames, hashed passwords, emails, what exactly? Heck, even buy some time with a "we are doing an internal investigation and assisting XYZ law enforcement agency. We hope to have an update to the community in the coming days... "

Lunks
Lunks

Post by Lunks »

Lord Benevolent wrote:Please see our official response to the TechCrunch article: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=36501
Unfortunately this thread is locked, but I do want to quote "The player information that was stolen includes player usernames, email addresses & hashed passwords which are encrypted using latest industry standard techniques that do not allow even us to view them."

This email address was only used for shk. I probably created it because I probably couldn't use +shk@gmail.com I would be willing to bet there are hundreds of other players who are experiencing the same notifications...

Ellice

Post by Ellice »

Now I know why my Hulu and other accounts have been compromised. Sure would of been nice to have had a heads up about this. Guess I can let Paypal know what happened now, Thank you for the information.
Lunks

Post by Lunks »

Curious when FF leadership or support will disclose that you actual lost unencrypted passwords or maybe free text. I see that my account continues to get login attempts with my username and PREVIOUS password.

No comment is an admission of guilt

Lunks
Valhallas

Post by Valhallas »

I've had this same issue,

I mean did u guys really believe firefly when they said nothing was stolen ?.....coming from the greedy company that supports cheaters and hackers and literally allowed some hacker to steal all our information and then try to cover it up by saying they got nothing.

What type of actions can be taken against firefly if any ?

Return to “Technical Help”