Some Negetive Opinions

If you’d like to give us feedback on Stronghold Kingdoms please do so here.
M3dive

Some Negetive Opinions

Post by M3dive »

Okay i played SHK for 2months. I read its wiki seen lot of youtube videos and tried my best to understand the game mechanics and the way it should be played. i also have lets say half a decade of playing online games under my belt and i experienced a lot of MMORTS in these years.

So lets start negetive opinions :

first , SHK has a very unfriendly community! most people doesn't even bother to answer you many others dont bother to speak English(and i think i read in the rules that in Global worlds english is a must) the mailing system itself is out dated and not at all efficient. I made at least 50 attempts on getting in contact with people and that mostly failed miserably! overall a new player is always stuck between pro players high on cards and 99% of them dosen't care enough to even answer your mail.

Second , odd thing about this game is its quite in favor of the attacker. companies usually try and set things in defender favor so less people are forced to leave their account and more active players remain in the game. but this game is just like go attackers and do whatever you want! the honor penalty that exist is simply far from enough! its just like a mild punishment for attacking players weaker than you. i used to play a MMO that had a moral system in which when we were attacking small players our troops lost at least half of their efficiency and we also was charged a ton of ingame gold. the system FORCED us to pick people at our size or pay a very HIGH price. but here its like eh lets kick his ummm face? and play some banqueting cards :)) and i seen a lot of players here complain about having dead worlds when the early eras pass! well here is your reason your game mechanism let you destroy the player base quite rapidly and when they are gone some huge guys that can't touch each other are left and bored to death!

Third , this game ruin! your life with its fast pace! I mean come on! people can see when you are active on map. they can see you scouting or moving troops around when you are active its quite obvious on map and when you are not is obvious as well.now lets say you are in Canada. as soon as they see you are sleep or away they can run a various superspeed cards and a player from very south of US can cap you in like lets say 7hours! and interdict again like honor penalty is just not efficient enough! actually this is one of the few real time strategy games that you can't have anyone from your faction on your account when you are not around! i mean i used to play another game and they had a feature named "account sitting" when you were away someone else could take control of your account to some degree... enough keep an eye on your account.he/she had enough control at least to defend you if it became essential! but here when in war you should spend like 400 faith on your three villages to interdict them and still go to bed praying you see your village tomorrow morning!! that aside this speed up cards are very painful! armies cross countries and reach you in 1 hour! i mean you may leave for lunch and come back and find out all your troops are dead! its quite common to keep armies slow enough that the defender actually FIND enough time to react! but here we have like 6x speed cards(quite CHEAP) to top that a army can already be hyped with 500% forced march.

Fourth , what is with defense?
so the enemy can lunch 5 waves of attack each containing 350-400 troops and a ton of captain advantages. and the defender can only place well lets say he tries his best 470 troops inside castle.well you do the math! with good timing on attacker side 1750 troops is right behind your walls and you have 350 archers on the wall lol now add arrow volley and other crazy stuff captains do as well to this. i agree taking "defense" , sally forth , towers and traps and also tunneler and other stuff like this in the equation its not that one sided but yet the defender is doomed when it comes to large forces. they come destroy your guard houses you already was outnumbered and guess what you now have to wait like 1 year without cards and 3months with cards lol to rebuild them to even have a chance against another wave which will shortly follow on SUPERSPEED :)) that make you depressed miserable and even suicidal!

might add more stuff to this later.
Danso

Re: Some Negetive Opinions

Post by Danso »

hey,

when i read your comment i have noticed that you are really a beginner :)

Yeah, you are right with a few points.
But the problem is, a little player can raze a big player without a problem a lot of villages. Little players dont have a disadvantage. They just cant hold that much villages like a crown prince.
So they would have needed to change the whole system.
And yeah, Firefly tried to change it with higher honor costs. Idea wasnt bad from them.

Defensive and attacking is really old. They really need to change something. New troops or new structors. But we wait for years now.
Yeah you can time a lot of attack on a village. But you need a point where you are able to capture or raze someones villages.
I have seen videos where players deffended 20 timed attackes, each attack had minimum 450 troops.

And yeah, the community is *. But thats thanks to firefly. A lot of players stoppped playing the game because of missing updates, bugs, and no changing systems. Each new account is a alt. or mutliaccount for big players. thats the reason why they ignore you.

Hope i could give you a little insight into the current situation.
M3dive

Post by M3dive »

well i am a beginner lol.

and well you expect a game running since 2012 to be far more developed than this... i think i also am going to better alternatives. after all we live in golden age of internet games :P
Danso

Post by Danso »

Unfortunately i dont know another online building game, where you can build your own castle, attack we your own set up and build your own village + parish.

Stronghold Kingdoms is unique. But they smash the game against a wall.

However, if I could afford it, i would buy firefly and compleltly rebuild it.

But you are right. For 2018 the game is not even close to 2018 standarts.
M3dive

Post by M3dive »

either way i think my point stands still. this game destroy its player base by design! it bore pro players and scare off the newbies.

cards need a change speeding cards need to be expensive i mean i probably can't call other games by their names here but the cheapest superspeed! card i seen in games i tried was 5$ for ONE attack and that was normal attacks and didn't even work on that unit that takes the village here we call them captain. it shouldn't be stronghold ambushes! maybe the fact that smaller guys raze bigger ones is also a result of that.

i read this game rules and it was the most unclear text ever. its basically the shortest rules text i ever seen! people go ahead and multi account and get away with tokens! i have seen games dedicate a whole option tab to "SHARED IP CONNECTIONS" and those players that share IP was obligated to enter their account there and the game would forbid them of any connection and they could keep playing. but yesterday i sent the ticked about the issue and the reply was we can't explain rules for you go read here is the link : ..(in a more polite way)

Game is not balanced in so many aspects defense and offense.

somewhere i read the team behind this game is very small and i get it they make good money out of some feautres that imbalance the game very much but a game with no good balance can't have any future.

that be the last of me nagging. i hope this heard from a newbie that tries hard to play this game because of the idea behind it goes up to devs and they TAKE SOME ACTION for their product.

Return to “Feedback”