Europe 4 and New Rule Set....Stinks!

If you’d like to give us feedback on Stronghold Kingdoms please do so here.
meatball2k

Re: Europe 4 and New Rule Set....Stinks!

Post by meatball2k »

I agree I an not a fan of new ruleset. I am losing motivation fast tobpoay thientype of world
nhmoose

Post by nhmoose »

Firefly says the main reason (it is a recurring theme) for the rule changes is to prevent alt accounts from affecting the game. but what has happened is the Russians (everyone knows they are the main offenders of the alt rules) are now able to more easily dominate the server because their alts go unchallenged. players can no longer raze these alt villages as in the past. nor can they raze a weak village in their area to prevent entry by an alt. this was a big part of our defensive play before. it has been completely eliminated.

while on the alt subject, the rule that allows multiple accounts to play from a location if they all have a premium token in play is a MAJOR cause of alt problems. this should not be automatic. people legitimately in this situation should have to prove there are separate people for each account. otherwise multiple accounts playing from a location should not be allowed.

also, FYI, just because a player chooses to remain a lower rank does not mean he is an alt, or doing anything wrong. my faction is remaining no higher than squire, because on this server that makes sense. it allows us to pillage for the supplies we don't bother creating. we are geared strictly to fight. no farmers here :-) unfortunately with the size of the houses so small, this leaves us with nothing to fight for other than the fun of it, so we fight everyone. we would still pirate from within a house if there was room. behind the line comando type play was always a favorite of mine. but needing to be a prince to raze is ridiculous. it should be rolled back to knight. that would be our only incentive to rank up another level. then we could raze these low level alts that are plaguing the server...
DekeYoungAtlanta

Post by DekeYoungAtlanta »

USA-4 was announced with the ERA rule set. This is a disappointment. I view the ERA rules feedback as generally negative. USA-4 should have been launched with AGE rules while the ERA rules were refined. Then again, admitting that the ERA rule set was flawed would be admitting a mistake. And there is a mind-set that claims you should never admit a mistake.

I will be an observer only on USA-4. Let's see if half of the counties are closed like USA-2 and USA-3.
GhilleVeteran00

Post by GhilleVeteran00 »

I agree, they shouldn't use the ERA rule set.

Pretty much impossible to have fun on the world unless if you drop loads of cash.
DekeYoungAtlanta

I am going set up as an observer on USA-4 to track player counts and House limits. Anyone else planning for the launch, Private Message me.
_ROXSTA_

Post by _ROXSTA_ »

I am not really convinced that the Devs read all this, but hey.
I love SHK, its fun and very diverse. However these new rule sets dont all work. Razing at Prince makes life very difficult, wars (primary aim of game) cannot be fought effectively. Flag costs in parishes are too high, I do believe they needed tweaking as it used to be too cheap, but its gone too far and needs to be pegged back. Faith point cap and tweaks to the monk system I actually like, this works really well. Then there is house and faction membership. I assume this is done to slow down the glory races so not 1 house can hold everything, however all it means is an uber team runs multiple houses instead. And then glory race may take longer but in many cases that sucks.

All in all this makes for dead servers, where the player base is spread too thin. I feel older worlds need to wind down to allow players to populate new servers, and in my opinion the new rule set needs to be reigned in. I like restricting razing, but not a blanket ban till prince. Maybe only players at or above your level. Factions need 40 members again, and houses need more factions. Flag costs need to be reduced a little.

Again I want to say I really like the fact SHK is trying to spice up the game, and I appreciate the guys trying things. I would just like to see them listen to the community and scale back some of the changes. All in all this is a great game, however I feel if you started a new server with the old rule set, every server with the new rule set would instantly die, and the last one to leave would turn out the light to never be turned back on.
Cripper2

Post by Cripper2 »

will these new rules do anything about charter kings that make a mockery of wars age 4 onwards stronghold kingdoms?

By charter kings I dont so much mean rogue players. I mean people who have been farming a long time with loads of gold who reset themselves in a war and take 40 charters in an enemy county. Monk all the parishes usually deleting castles and guilds. They use peacetime so they dont need to id just vote and excommunicate.

Every later age world has a few I think who exploit this problem with the game
MiladySkye

Post by MiladySkye »

Cripper2 wrote:will these new rules do anything about charter kings that make a mockery of wars age 4 onwards stronghold kingdoms?

By charter kings I dont so much mean rogue players. I mean people who have been farming a long time with loads of gold who reset themselves in a war and take 40 charters in an enemy county. Monk all the parishes usually deleting castles and guilds. They use peacetime so they dont need to id just vote and excommunicate.

Every later age world has a few I think who exploit this problem with the game
Sounds as if you've played with Priest Guardian on W9. lol That's a favourite tactic of his.
When injustice is law, resistance becomes duty . . .
Br0nx

Post by Br0nx »

This will be the last world I play (USA 4) unless something changes. We are 12 days in and cant even get enough people to open up new counties. 12 days in and the world is dead. The new rules are just unplayable. Don't make a forums section called "feedback" if you don't intend on listening to your player base.

Don't open up and new worlds until this is fixed.

-Bronx
DekeYoungAtlanta

Log into the USA-3 server. We are about to roll over the the 5th age and half the counties have NEVER opened.

Return to “Feedback”