Defender04

This is the first world using the The New Era System.
tamer123

Re: Defender04

Post by tamer123 »

i didn't know defender is so famous and has alot of haters
Defender04

Post by Defender04 »

Hello all,

Dam my own threads thanks guys!

Well it seems I have a few discussions going on here that bring interesting points.

First do direct all carder complaints to firefly as its their game, their rules so if all want the game to change then all complain.

Second point sorry I never use alts as being a big whale as its been put I don't need to and never will have as if anyone thinks a thin wall at the start of the game is difficult well say no more.

My style of play is simple I rank fast, take land for the house and then hand that off to my team. And I always play as a team player and anyone that has flowers on I treat correct and help now swords is a different matter and I will help my team as best I can and that the point what we all try and do is do the best for the house.

Now hating carders the interesting thing is its a bit like the food chain on who hates who.

The player that players no cards hates all the players that play scout cards, the players that play only scout cards hate the ones that grow a bit faster and take the parishes and run scouts more than they do. Do all get were this is going so I don't need to keep saying that each level in the game prob complains about the next.

All comments are welcome as first time looking at the thread as its entertaining and gives players a place to vent and that's fine if that makes players happy.

Do remember guys this is a game and I to hope one day firefly will open up a non card map or one that all get the same cards for that month and would be very interesting how players play.

So have fun, do the best for the flag you fight for, respect other players who you deal with and those that hate just let it slide as who has time to worry about that as I do my talking on the map not the forums.

Have fun
Wilksy

Post by Wilksy »

I don't see any issues in someone growing faster than someone else and using cards - surely it's part of the game.
'If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a * fool about it.'

W. C. Fields
eric0d

Post by eric0d »

Sometimes jealousy can bias someone's decision making.

People forget who is paying their way. None of us would have a game to play without carders.
underthunder

Post by underthunder »

eric0d wrote:Sometimes jealousy can bias someone's decision making.

People forget who is paying their way. None of us would have a game to play without carders.
comments like this are scary...one can only think some of the newer younger generation must never have played any NON pay-to-win games
underthunder

Post by underthunder »

Defender04 wrote:Hello all,

Dam my own threads thanks guys!

Well it seems I have a few discussions going on here that bring interesting points.

First do direct all carder complaints to firefly as its their game, their rules so if all want the game to change then all complain.

Second point sorry I never use alts as being a big whale as its been put I don't need to and never will have as if anyone thinks a thin wall at the start of the game is difficult well say no more.

My style of play is simple I rank fast, take land for the house and then hand that off to my team. And I always play as a team player and anyone that has flowers on I treat correct and help now swords is a different matter and I will help my team as best I can and that the point what we all try and do is do the best for the house.

Now hating carders the interesting thing is its a bit like the food chain on who hates who.

The player that players no cards hates all the players that play scout cards, the players that play only scout cards hate the ones that grow a bit faster and take the parishes and run scouts more than they do. Do all get were this is going so I don't need to keep saying that each level in the game prob complains about the next.

All comments are welcome as first time looking at the thread as its entertaining and gives players a place to vent and that's fine if that makes players happy.

Do remember guys this is a game and I to hope one day firefly will open up a non card map or one that all get the same cards for that month and would be very interesting how players play.

So have fun, do the best for the flag you fight for, respect other players who you deal with and those that hate just let it slide as who has time to worry about that as I do my talking on the map not the forums.

Have fun
first ,we are directing our comments about pay-to-win to firefly ..RIGHT HERE MAN and your the prime example of how the game is broke

second,maybe you want to explain to everyone HOW YOU RANK SO FAST?

third, your food chain examp would be better explained as BIG WHALES EAT LITTLE FISH

fourth, at least YOU reply ..FF dont on this subject...and good to hear a little bleep from you of that you would like to see a non pay-to-win map...but come on man...cant you get a bit excited about that and help the righteous direction for the betterment of mankind

the game is all fake and means nothing in its current state

HELP
eric0d

Post by eric0d »

So what is your suggestion then Underthunder? What would you propose from FireFly? Aside from asking FireFly to do the same work but for less money?

I have asked for a card free world as well, but aside from charging everyone a flat rate, how do you make up for the lost revenue ? If you charged a flat fee then far less people would play and it would be a poor experience for all.

The current model definitely has its disadvantages, but the reality is that without the carders there would not be a game or at least there would not be all these servers and a mobile app rumored to be on the way.

Thoughts on a better model?
underthunder

Post by underthunder »

eric0d wrote:So what is your suggestion then Underthunder? What would you propose from FireFly? Aside from asking FireFly to do the same work but for less money?

I have asked for a card free world as well, but aside from charging everyone a flat rate, how do you make up for the lost revenue ? If you charged a flat fee then far less people would play and it would be a poor experience for all.

The current model definitely has its disadvantages, but the reality is that without the carders there would not be a game or at least there would not be all these servers and a mobile app rumored to be on the way.

Thoughts on a better model?
well ive mentioned it a few times as well as others
Premium only world,you play your premium token on that world for 30 days or whatever and you get given x amount of cards per day,capped at that..but you can save them
free players are welcome and would get much less..but hey somethin better than nothin..and we want them

i can imagine variations on worlds..turbo worlds slow worlds ffa NO house NO colors worlds etc

we also have to accept we cant get rid of alts,its the nature of the internet so ya players that blow dough on games will still multi account...but hey let them,cards cant be traded an sounds like alot of questing...but fact is cant get rid of alts

quality and reputation sells and its a big world

FF can tip me here 1KkdMvTogjEVDhej1GaJw2j5C8eaAH92R9

Post by 220897 »

I have played both with and agsint defender, If your on his team, Hes helpful, if he isnt, well he can be a pain. Myself can be a carder at points and not so much at other times.

The way defender plays when he starts a map is unique, to say the least, with many others going down the same path, others are better at it, Myself i took a leaf out of defenders book, On a smaller scaled and leveled up faster than i would usually.

The way i look at all this, IF he chooses to play how he wants to play, let him get on with it, If he chooses to spend his hard earnt money LET HIM, its not your money out of your pocket.

And all this hate towards one player, Come on guys, were in a game and if you feel like that towards someone on a game, God knows about how you feel towards others outside of it and maybe you should see someone.

What this all boils down to is, everyone can hate the guy in question here, but if you had the resourse time and effort to do what he has done for his house, would you not do it also ?

Return to “EU4 World Lounge”