Dev Diary: Era Worlds & Gameplay Changes

Important announcements and patch notes will be posted here.
Forum rules
Please do not start any New Topics in this Forum.

This Forum is only to be used for News Posts related to updates and any other topics will be removed.
Lord Rothchild

Re: Dev Diary: Era Worlds & Gameplay Changes

Post by Lord Rothchild »

ElectrickSabers wrote:
Lord Rothchild wrote:
lord_vincent12 wrote:I don't think it's horrible, the fp limitation prevents that people who farmed hundred of days have too much influence, razing activated as Prince gives new players a chance to build up.

And with the mobile versions release the player base will grow anyway and new players won't quit so fast :-)

Oh, new players will quit when they realize what a money pit this game is. They may get a few heavy spenders, but I can tell you right now that the player base they are thinking that they are going to get from Mobile, is not going to be a reality, people put money in Mobile games, but those games are games, that get updates, patches, improvements, and constant for-the-better changes.

Not a game that hasn't really been changed since release.

:lol:
i guess if you throw out the massive update this entire thread is about you are correct. they have not changed it since releases. However for those of us with a clue, we can read this thread and see there is a massive new update to the game. They have listened to community and made a lot of changes. Time will tell if they were good or not.

Also within the last year they changed the worlds so they can be closed instead of going on forever, but I guess that's not a change.

And you can play this game quite a bit without spending money, over the course of a world there are a ton of people who don't spend money that contribute to houses.
Wrong. It is a not a massive update. They changed a couple things and limited the amount of players to Factions and Houses, this game is a joke and always will be. When credit card players get a brain and stop playing this game, it will die, and thank god for that.

And, to tell me that you can the game without spending is lie, unless you are meaning having no life, and playing multiple worlds to make up for just one? Because that is no way to play any game, yet in order to play 4 free so speak that's exactly what you'd have to do, you can't compete with Credit Card Warriors on any serious levels, just for whatever you were building to be wiped out by some dumb * running through blowing money? Yeah, it's comical to say you can play this game without spending money, honestly, and unironically... it's just comical.
tamer123

Post by tamer123 »

they was a thing called rise of the wolf that existed for 2 years
lf you played it actively for a long time you would've been rich on cards
saddly it got closed today but they will launch new AI world in few months
ElectrickSabers

Post by ElectrickSabers »

Lord Rothchild wrote: Not a game that hasn't really been changed since release.
Lord Rothchild wrote:
It is a not a massive update. They changed a couple things
One of these is not like the other.

And it is a massive update they completely changed how the worlds work.

Also there are tons of people who don't spend money and are valuable members of houses. Meatball, Micha, Lord Slayer are all people who don't buy cards or buy very few and are all valuable to their factions and houses.

Here's a fact most people don't realize, spend money really doesn't make you a better player. It may make you a faster player and able to recover from attacks faster, but it doesn't make you better.
Fire Fry

Post by Fire Fry »

ElectrickSabers wrote: Here's a fact most people don't realize, spend money really doesn't make you a better player. It may make you a faster player and able to recover from attacks faster, but it doesn't make you better.
While I would concede your point, It is my view that a player with time, talent and money will get a lot further than that same player nix the cash.

Having the ability to generate unlimited castle defense and army cards make a heck of a difference, case and point Dave1 on GC holding sections of the middle east against entire factions.
Haruhion

Post by Haruhion »

Can I use my PC account in both android and PC?
meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

ElectrickSabers wrote:
Lord Rothchild wrote: Not a game that hasn't really been changed since release.
Lord Rothchild wrote:
It is a not a massive update. They changed a couple things
One of these is not like the other.

And it is a massive update they completely changed how the worlds work.

Also there are tons of people who don't spend money and are valuable members of houses. Meatball, Micha, Lord Slayer are all people who don't buy cards or buy very few and are all valuable to their factions and houses.

Here's a fact most people don't realize, spend money really doesn't make you a better player. It may make you a faster player and able to recover from attacks faster, but it doesn't make you better.
I always knew ES was a good guy :-)
81700a0d58c3670ae541003d25380d271a71288c

Post by 81700a0d58c3670ae541003d25380d271a71288c »

can not raze till your a prince....Well so the same things that happened early game for euro 4 will have there... Pretty much will ransack players out of the game since you can not raze them back....good job Fire Fly for never listening to people and never doing anything right.....jesus I know a few houses who are not even going to bother with that rule set....its the worst ruleset known to man....You should atleast change it to viscount can raze or something because this can not protect yourself is soo bad.
dark destroyer

Post by dark destroyer »

everyone i know hates these new rules , and wont be playing these new worlds ,were all going back to the old worlds until they finish

then if these rules are still in play when the old worlds finish, most of us old players will leave the game

we all dont see the point in spending money ,when the funs gone out of the game now

looks like you will be losing money now the bigger players wont play your new worlds
81700a0d58c3670ae541003d25380d271a71288c

Post by 81700a0d58c3670ae541003d25380d271a71288c »

And another massive wallet grab for Fire Fly because they don't care about its players....yay go prince raze....Best choice they have ever made to make their game make more money....Perfect way to show they don't care about us what so ever and all we are is giant money bags to them. They don't care about any of their players and will keep screwing us every time they make a new server....Good Job Fire Fly for squeezing every penny out of this and showing everyone to their face that you don't care about any of your player base at all =)....lol this is way too funny. In euro 4 people complained about the prince razes but it seems they never listen to anything. Than again why would they we keep giving them money lol.
Sandrinelle

Post by Sandrinelle »

Hallo to everyone.

Now. Reading through these improvements / changes it looks good at the first sight.

But some issues are still untouched. A question I always asked but never got an satisfactory answer. The sweeping of the map by multicarders who really "sterilize" whole areas from stashes. What´s the use of cards like "advanced outriders" or "expert outriders" if you can open every stash there is? By doing so you will get no honor points - sure - but also destroy these points for others who could get those points. For not to say: by sweeping the ground you steal them the opportunity of getting those points. FAIR? Very doubtful. The simple answer could be: "You can´t open stashes outside of your red zone." Sure. For certain quests you have to collect things which might not show up within this zone. That´s just "bad luck" - some has to live with it. I will give you a representative example:

USA-4: A guy got his village right in the same parish. He´s now running around with the "thoroughbreds-cards" since 9 hours. He´s is not sweeping the ground - he sterilizes South-Lousiana. On top of all- I´m only 4 seconds away from picking up a stash when his 3 scouts pop out of the ground right beside this stash and - stash gone. They didn´t come from his village 2-3 inches away but were suddenly there. And they than ran from there in different directions.

So why is this still possible after years that people talk about it. It doesn´t protect honest players but scares them off.

And with such a guy around you rather prefer to raze him as soon that you can. So waiting until you´re a prince isn´t the solution. Sure - you can conquer his village. But with no slot left not possible.
The other improvements might be okay - we´ll see. The server just started. For the moment I´m not convinced that it improved the game play. But I keep on testing. Maybe it will change my mind.

Sandrinelle (it´s now my 24th server)

Return to “News & Client Updates”