Dev Diary: Era Worlds & Gameplay Changes

Important announcements and patch notes will be posted here.
Forum rules
Please do not start any New Topics in this Forum.

This Forum is only to be used for News Posts related to updates and any other topics will be removed.
swift231

Re: Dev Diary: Era Worlds & Gameplay Changes

Post by swift231 »

yes an 8 page thread on forums is highly disappointing for a new server release, but I guess its to be expected considering the forums themselves seem barely used.

Regardless what I'm actually posting for is :

Anyone interested in starting up a faction / house right now, so we can power farm and group up at launch, only looking for experienced players and I don't want to be the leader / marshal and the end goal of faction would be pvp and world domination.
BUTTERCUP

Post by BUTTERCUP »

Hi swift,

Ide be up for forming a coalition of players at the beginning of the new ERA world. Ive played since 2012 however changed my user name due to creating to many enemies through razing, people tend to take it very personally for some strange reason.

In terms of leadership positions would need to be someone else due to the excessive time needed in managing large active factions. If we can get a group of experienced players together , I dont know maybe 10 or 12 players we could look at spawning in 3 counties near each other and try to tie these counties up quickly. Suppose it just depends whether there are other players interested in the above proposal.

Hopefully we here from other players between today and tomorrow so we can plan logistical counties spawn in together at game start. Fingers crossed...
Klatsche1994

Post by Klatsche1994 »

haha i made only one comment about it and they finally close rise of the wolf xD i love it
meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

BeowulfKing wrote:
meatball2k wrote: I look forward to mobile launch so I can get into this new world where those pussys who have to pay for I'D or farmers who sit on 20 villages building millions of fp are no longer a threat.
lol Farmers will not be threat bec they will not fight at all, but you also will not be threat to anyone either.
those pussyss who pay for id are heavy carders, when your faith runs out in 2months of war they will wipe you out. Domination world starts, means they dont need to pay for id anymore, they just need to buy cards from now on and keep sending attacks on you. I know carders who were spending 1k$ a week, what can u do against them when your faith runs out with your 3k card points(not a question). Have you ever been bellow 5-10k faith and enemy faction is sending attacks on you anywhere on map?
And with this new world you will not be able to fool anyone that you have more faith. Chasing players will be common. First they chase weaker, then they will break your spine, forcing your medium strong ones to quit by chasing them anywhere. Best will remain for the end in factions of 5-10 players with low faith.
and then you will ask for peace if you are strong enough to admit defeat.
Or you can keep rogue fighting and razing easy castles of their unactives and saying look my razes on leaderboards.

Gc1 have lot of safe zones. What about a point in game when there are no safe zones like for sneaky was now in H19. How fast your faith was runing out, Why did you quit anyway, is it bec of low faith also? Im sure if you had it in abundance you would keep on.
I quit because I said I would last around 3-4 weeks, I did the whole fighting the huge house once before and it was draining so I said I would go hard for 3-4 weeks I did pretty decent and ended gc1 on 62k fp and just under 7 million gold. Could have played on for another 4-6 weeks obviously dropping down villages so not to waste fp but really couldn't be bothered doing that, so yeah that's why I quit it was just taking away to much time from real life duties.

As for any new worlds I am fairly confident I will do well as got a good group of players to play with and with fp cap it will not be possible to fight none stop so there will have to be wiser choices made less people with 16+ villages so more competition all round, I dont know I am only assuming it could be a huge pile of shi* also but we will never know until we play it. I lasted a while in gc1 against all the odds so I'm confident in my ability to last on any new worlds especially since the fp cap doesn't effect me at all.

fyi
conquorer 54 rank
annihilator 105 rank

personal best for me in any first age ive played not bad for 3k card points plus took part in 100s of other razes with my faction, I could have done what you did and just watch the world play out and kill some treasure castles.
Viking John Jr

Post by Viking John Jr »

nothing here will stop rogues ,, the biggest problem and why rogues can do what they do is because this game has very small player base , and all the new rule about Prince being the only one who can raze will make this game even more boring at low rank then it already is . When every parish has only 1 village in it then rogue's can take em with a few monks and very little FP ..

So basically these new rules do nothing but make the game even more boring early on then it was befor , most the older players hate starting on new worlds because it takes so long to get up and running . With the player base this game has , there should not be more then 1 of each map and that might be too many worlds , I use to spend 15 bucks every month when I played world 1 first age , and usa 1 first age ,, . usa 1 didn't even last till 2nd age befor it died ,, then when they opened wolf world I played 15 bucks every 2 months for tokens till they killed that world last year and I quit there,, since then I haven't spent any on this game ,, and my gamming budget has went from 15 bucks a month to 40 for the last 6 months , but have been buying other games to play with. rather spend 80 bucks on a good game I enjoy then just paying for a game that just wants to suck you dry.

Make the game great and people will spend money on it 25,000 spending 15 bucks a month will make you a lot more then 500 players spending 250 bucks for the first month of a new map then not need to worry about anything after they clobber the players who are limited to only 15-20 bucks and then they quit the game and FF gets nothing till they open their next map .
eric0d

Post by eric0d »

While I am happy to finally hear that FF actually admits that multi-accounts are an issue, I do not truly believe the motivation for the new ruleset is designed to eliminate multi-accounts. I believe they realize that new players coming to the game are met with hostility and typically razed and that is the main problem in their view . . . and frankly it is a worthy problem to solve.

Therefore everyone here that is complaining about not being able to raze until you get to Prince and stating that it is a huge disadvantage, is telling FF exactly what they want to hear: there will be less razes and therefore new players will be able to stay in the game until they have a chance to prove themselves.

A quick sidebar . . . I never understood why it made sense to raze a player that can merely respawn one minute later. I feel it is much more effective to pillage and ransack the player . . . generally less honour involved and more disruptive to the player. Make them abandon the village which they can only do once a week.
Back to the topic at hand – the goal of the new rules is less about stopping multi-accounts, because anyone that knows the game can tell you that the new ruleset will merely delay the time at which point an alt account will become useful and will not greatly limit their usage.

Additionally, alt accounts are leveraged in more ways than just monks. I know some players that spawn new accounts to produce honour goods to help out in the first few days of a new server. The primary account doesn’t waste research on honour good production, but is still able to banquet and rank up at a better rate than the rest of us. In addition, the alt account is used to capture that second village without paying the 10k+ gold which is not insignificant in the first few days of a server. Sometimes the alt account “reserves” a parish until the primary account captures their village and takes the parish over. None of this is addressed with the new ruleset, because none of this impacts the games attractiveness to the newer players.

As for a faith point cap, there are impacts that are both positive and negative. It helps address the concern in those later “ages” when players have sat idle for years and now have millions of faith, but it may actually encourage the use of multi-accounts. In Euro 1 there were players that would put their primary account on vaca mode and then use their secondary account as their new main account. When the primary account came off vacation mode the account would be out of a faction and house and sitting with villages producing faith. At some point the secondary account would be out of FPs and then that account would go on vacation mode and the cycle would continue.

With the new rules, it will take more time and difficulty to implement this method of cheating, however, I would argue that with a cap on FPs, the value of more accounts will increase tremendously. The advantage or value of a second and third account rises significantly the more restrictions you place on FPs or any other element of the game. It will take some time, but eventually players will realize the value and be more motivated to have multiple accounts. It wouldn’t bother me if I had the same opportunity to cheat as others, but with no shared IP address to leverage or a family full of laptops to play with, it is an unfair advantage for my potential adversaries.

I agree with most people here that the raze at Prince is ridiculous and will foster a fair amount of carding and given the amount of free cards you guys have been giving away on the AI worlds, I expect it will become amateur hour when the first new world opens in the next few days.

I have a small at-home popcorn maker being delivered. I can’t wait to see this mess of wannabe carders mixed with pent up frustration from players that have wanted a new server for almost a year. It’s going to be fun . . .
BeowulfKing

Post by BeowulfKing »

allright i understand your point, you talk from power position. You will be in 2-3mil faction of very experienced fighters, and probably be in 20mil house and fight against the rest of world of which are many newbies and/or not have much experience in war. Okay then even 100k FP would suit you even better.
You can understand that i hold the standpoint of the other side, weaker side.
I do but i have no pleasure in razing weak castles or players who put 50pikemans in keep and have no moat
meatball2k wrote: I could have done what you did and just watch the world play out and kill some treasure castles.
As for me you dont know nothing what we did in gc1. AoT is new faction of mostly new players with none or very little war experience before war with H19.
We were major factor why H18 joined war, they started it over us and as FL and rest of officers we had a right to say will H18 fight. We were the ones who were bullied by H19, deeply in their area with zero safe zone villages we said yes to war over any odds, and HM proclaimed war.
otherwise H18 would never start a war with H19 and you would not get big number of players going to H10 soon after.

Not to go into war details, we clear 2 countys completely from H19 and spend lot of faith monking parishes and fighting big strong factions. Eventually we won 2 countys and kept them until i left map to fight a war in my main map in begining of january. As land holder i decided to give those 2 county to H10. Before i quit for me there was not much to do where my villages were based as we clear zones completely. So i sit 1-2months doing nothing and left to russia with 2 villages to start razing there, but soon i left map.
I could have joined big H10 factions like some of my officers and players, i was offered position of officer in 2.5mil H10 faction but i like to be in disadvantaged position, against odds and i am loyal player.
So because of my playstyle, although i play a bit more then 1year i gave myself a goal to learn to raze max carded pitch&moat castles in 4 attacks, and i created formations which works (since that you can see my villages grouped in 4 where ever i will play)
Unfortuanetelly war in main map finnished too soon(we completely destroyed house of 16mil points), and when i come back to gc1 my House went neutral. I didnt wanted to change that, bec we gave a word we will not fight so i respect that.
zafont

Post by zafont »

At what time tomorrow does E4 start?
rancher123

Post by rancher123 »

I would like to see a world without cards. Require a premium token to play (so FF gets something for it), but eliminate the heavy carding. I do not pay to win (cause I am cheap) and have no intention of just being fodder for those who do.
Xtc69

Post by Xtc69 »

Was wondering what time does this server pop up ? anyone know

Return to “News & Client Updates”