Dev Diary: Era Worlds & Gameplay Changes

Important announcements and patch notes will be posted here.
Forum rules
Please do not start any New Topics in this Forum.

This Forum is only to be used for News Posts related to updates and any other topics will be removed.
Lunks

Re: Dev Diary: Era Worlds & Gameplay Changes

Post by Lunks »

meatball2k wrote:
People will always cheat as people are desperate to win, GC1 has shown me how desperate people are to win from logging into each others accounts, creating multiple accounts, paying people to create accounts for monking purposes.
So 2 of those 3 forms of cheating exist in every house. The last one is either unique to H19, so you are telling me that H19 players pay others to create accounts for monking purposes because that certain was not what DrSepa was doing. Gifting crowns is no payment - its a resource within the game. Its the only resource that can you transfer real world funds into - so I get you think its payment, but only if you can then return it to a currency.

You are hung up on being a have-not which is why you pride yourself in not spending money in game. Whether you have or have-not is not measure of you as a person, but certainly a pay-to-win game (as this could be termed) benefits from those who sink money into it.

Arguably you could say that you lost because you picked the side which spent the least or you think H10 is full of *. I completely buy that.

You have to realize within that argument then for H19 (who I will assume you will say didn't spend like H10 factions) must have offset those resources in some form. Back to your original statement, they cheated more.

H10 power faction spent more = H19 power factions cheated.
BeowulfKing

Post by BeowulfKing »

@ meatball and firefly

If you get to CP and have 15villages and war starts, os two 20mil house alliances. You will be under id 12h a day(sleeping hours plus some more) that is 420fp a day to id 1 village.
420 x 15 villages = 6300fp a day
income from maxed fp buildings for 15 villages and 6 parishes with cathedral maxed is 3060
so lost a day is 3240
30 days is 97,200 lost
60 days is 194,400 fp spent just to id for 12 hours a day

do you understand after this point is Domination world and who ever buy more cards will destroy anyone else.
There will be mass saving of faith so no more monk wars either.

there will be more and more neutral players not fighting at all or leaving factions after 1-2months after war starts because carders would wipe them out in 2 months.

Carders allready have big advantage of their money and cards in this game. I like cap but 200 is too low. 400 at least if you want to see good wars which dont end before even started.
Rems54

Post by Rems54 »

No one forces you to ID 15 villages.

This game is a strategy game. ID all is village is no strategy, just stupidity.
All players have to build their strategy according to their gameplay.

But rules are the same for all. So your ennemy have 200k FP max too. Just be less silly than them to win.
BeowulfKing

Post by BeowulfKing »

Rems54 wrote:No one forces you to ID 15 villages.

This game is a strategy game. ID all is village is no strategy, just stupidity.
All players have to build their strategy according to their gameplay.

But rules are the same for all. So your ennemy have 200k FP max too. Just be less silly than them to win.

Rules are not same for all that is what some of us are trying to say.

if you read well you will see i calculated for 15 villages, but only for sleeping hours. I did not say id 24hours.

what do you do when you go to sleep, give acc password to oversees teamate and not id?
Rems54

Post by Rems54 »

ID just some villages. And put some at the end of the map to not ID them.

But if you convince I give my password, you can do ticket and report me. But you'll never see me ban. ^^
zafont

Post by zafont »

@meatball2k
I presented 13 ideas there and yes, some of them suit farmers most-it wouldn't be a surprise since i am a farmer myself, and a banqueter and many other things except a fighter. I am also a carder :) I enjoy this aspect of the game more and i dont think this is something bad. Just like in real warfare, not all members of an army are fighters. There are those who research and develop weapons, those who lay out plans and tactics, those who deliver amunition and various goods to units, those who set up communications, those who cook etc. In the same logic, not all players in SHK are suited for fighters and would not want to act like one and that is absolutely logical and right. We should not demonize farmers.

As for the idea of having more than 40 villages in a later Age or Era, i think it is a nice idea that rewards those who stick to a server and are dedicated to the politics and diplomacy of it and a way to increase their interest in that server. After you complete 202 quests, get many achievements to saphire lvl and fully build 40 villages in a quiet server at the 4th Age, and since you dont want to start over in a new server (like many many ppl do), there is very little you can do to keep you from geting bored of the server and the game in total. That is why this idea should be combined with the others i layed out, and not be judged seperately, cause my purpose was to find a way to create more interest in - in other ways- dead or close to dying servers.

It is not logical, on the other hand, to pop up in a server in the 5th Age (either for the first time or after long absense) and excpect or demand to have the same resources, capabilities or villages with someone that was contantly there, building, upgrading and expanding. If there is a cap in FP that suits those who want to just pop up and be suddenly equal with a CP of 40 villages, why not in HP or Gold as well?...It doesn't make sense and it makes it pointless to those who chose to stick with a server and grow there with the friends the made through the years, to have someone pop up in Age 5, become a Prince 10 times faster than Age 1 (since the multipliers for banquets are X10 compared to the first Age) and have the same FP cap with them (200.000), puting them in a huge disadvantage to protect their villages against a rogue or alt or what ever you may call him.

Base point: I think you should be rewarded and not punished for being active in a server
DwarvenDefense

Post by DwarvenDefense »

Because monking/voting is the ONLY problem low levels can cause...Oh wow now they have to level slightly higher to do it, so hard... Oh they have a cap and can only influence so much now...... How any people are defending these changes as any kind of serious 'fix' is beyond me. These arguments are ludicrous. If they must impose a FP cap it needs to be significantly higher than 200k IMO.

Firefly needs to trend away from their current model, which rewards paying to speed things up, thus promoting idle hands to make and manage alts, to something that rewards investing effort and time on a single account. This is basic game theory. Especially with mobile coming, they will need to attract a very different type of crowd other than the, honestly relatively small and homogenous * contest of a p2w community it is now. Because of the personal nature of this game, along with its complexity and reasonably complicated learning curve, FF cannot afford to take its current approach when appealing to mobile market. This is not how CoC and other games were successful...

Reward people for spending and investing in a single account. Dont patch fixes on that alter the gameplay in negative ways and don't solve the underlying problem,. There are other ways to make money, I suggested several the other day that took only minutes to come up with. You guys have had years.
Micha7835

Post by Micha7835 »

Lunks wrote:
meatball2k wrote:
People will always cheat as people are desperate to win, GC1 has shown me how desperate people are to win from logging into each others accounts, creating multiple accounts, paying people to create accounts for monking purposes.
So 2 of those 3 forms of cheating exist in every house. The last one is either unique to H19, so you are telling me that H19 players pay others to create accounts for monking purposes because that certain was not what DrSepa was doing. Gifting crowns is no payment - its a resource within the game. Its the only resource that can you transfer real world funds into - so I get you think its payment, but only if you can then return it to a currency.

You are hung up on being a have-not which is why you pride yourself in not spending money in game. Whether you have or have-not is not measure of you as a person, but certainly a pay-to-win game (as this could be termed) benefits from those who sink money into it.

Arguably you could say that you lost because you picked the side which spent the least or you think H10 is full of *. I completely buy that.

You have to realize within that argument then for H19 (who I will assume you will say didn't spend like H10 factions) must have offset those resources in some form. Back to your original statement, they cheated more.

H10 power faction spent more = H19 power factions cheated.
wait, what? are you trying to say that h19 had paid to create accounts, although they didnt even buy crowns because couldnt afford it? nice bs, only octane and sepa were buying anything faith related xD
Lunks

Post by Lunks »

I am say very clear that H19 cheated and H10 carded.

That's the only balance there was in the game. Once we figured out how you all were cheating it was easy to get you banned.

You can pretend that you don't, but culturally its acceptable not to follow the rules and then you pretend that you do.

hahaha
SirZeke

Post by SirZeke »

Viking John Jr wrote:Also , you must keep in mind players in collage dorms all share same IP, , and a lot of collage students play this game , or at least use to
So what? It's not like college dorm students are more likely to be the paying customer type, so no money lost from them. It's the families that have daddy buying everyone tokens and card packs that the company worries about.

Regardless, I've seen several MMOG's do the one player per IP addy rule and thrive for as long as the game maker kept the game interesting. One game I was in went 12 years and had that rule, but still managed to keep tens of thousands of players - mostly older teen males.

Getting rid of multis is easy. There are old easy programs that scan for multiple accounts that use the same addy. You can set them to run automatically as often as you like. Decade old software tech.

Players have been finding obscure justifications to keep exploit exceptions open for ages. Give them long enough and they will make any exploit sound legit. Game makers have heard them all. The only reason this exploit still exists is because the company fears monetary loss, not that a certain demographic is at risk of missing out. If they thought it would make more money then the college kids would have been locked out years ago.

Return to “News & Client Updates”