Dev Diary: Era Worlds & Gameplay Changes

Important announcements and patch notes will be posted here.
Forum rules
Please do not start any New Topics in this Forum.

This Forum is only to be used for News Posts related to updates and any other topics will be removed.
Macon3

Re: Dev Diary: Era Worlds & Gameplay Changes

Post by Macon3 »

I support the changes, maybe they'll work, maybe not.

Alt'ing is a big issue in the game and they're trying to address it, thanks ff.

the changes should lessen the number of alts and/or the usefulness of alts. ff knows they can't stop alt'ing even if it was only 1 account per ip, there are ways around ip restrictions.

ff is also a biz, so they don't want to stop people in the same household/dorm/etc from playing together and speeding $$$ on the game.

this is a "happy medium" imo, ff will probably lose $$$ from less alts with these rules, but they're hoping to offset that with more players sticking around and playing the game = more $$$.
Dave1

Post by Dave1 »

Prince only can raise is the worst thing that you can do there are many more implications than just attacking and raising by so called Alts it stops players defending their areas form being taken over / invasion you will not be now able to counter raise to stop incoming invaders, they can plant alts ready to capture and unless you save a free slot and counter capture they land but then you have to counter captured and you are stuck with a village you don't want until you can drop it ( you can only abandon 1 village a week) during that time they can drop another alt and capture that nothing you can do
So if everyone in your team has to save village slots to counter capture so you can defend your area you are slowing down their chance of ranking up to prince
Knight raisers have been a major factor in this game from the start used by honest players / factions when the faction supplies them with arms honor goods etc to help them fight theirs wars all good fun and team work not cheating
But i assume some cheat by using alt raisers but i think that is only a few most cheats use their alts for FP they don't put the effort into the work of building up a Knight raiser
Prince raise only will only help carders and the guys 24 / 7 on the wolf world collecting free cards and lead to more bullying so more will leave the game but it will not help team spirit if your faction has to sit back and do nothing but get hammered if you don't have a prince to fight back
THIS WILL BE THE END OF THIS GAME
Dave1

Post by Dave1 »

LOL no way from what i hear they don't pay enough money for me to even think about working for them
Lunks

Post by Lunks »

Good point - I didn't even think about how to defend against a low level invasion.

You would think by know FF would have analyzed how H19 in GC1 played the game to determine how to best deter cheating.

At the end of the day you have to remove the "WHY" the player cheats. If you can remove that or make it so much harder to cheat - then you'll reduce it.
DwarvenDefense

Post by DwarvenDefense »

The problem of alts is fixed! Now people would have to invest slightly more time into their 'dummy' account. Or people paying money for multiple accounts, that never happens. Nothing new in terms of innovation from Firefly to see here, move along folks. Waiting for their 'bigger news'..
DwarvenDefense

Post by DwarvenDefense »

Firefly should be making changes in areas that promote the usage of a single account, reward being active on a single account instead of spending spare time seeding alts in various places around the world(s)... Instead, they monetize people having excess time waiting around (unless they continuously pay to speed things up) which just promotes the act.

I suggested drastically changing the rate at which free cards are generated. If this is done in tandem with requiring the 'clock' for the reward to run only when the player is online, it would discourage spending time lvling these alt accounts to whatever level FF escalates it, and would encourage investing more time on a single account... This is just one quickly thought of solution. C'mon guys, you've had yearrrsssssssssss.

There are ways to change the monetization strategy while improving the gameplay and attracting a larger player base....why do you keep pandering to a relatively small community of shoe-size-measuring that is the current SHK-P2W model.
Micha7835

Post by Micha7835 »

DwarvenDefense wrote:Firefly should be making changes in areas that promote the usage of a single account, reward being active on a single account instead of spending spare time seeding alts in various places around the world(s)... Instead, they monetize people having excess time waiting around (unless they continuously pay to speed things up) which just promotes the act.

I suggested drastically changing the rate at which free cards are generated. If this is done in tandem with requiring the 'clock' for the reward to run only when the player is online, it would discourage spending time lvling these alt accounts to whatever level FF escalates it, and would encourage investing more time on a single account... This is just one quickly thought of solution. C'mon guys, you've had yearrrsssssssssss.

There are ways to change the monetization strategy while improving the gameplay and attracting a larger player base....why do you keep pandering to a relatively small community of shoe-size-measuring that is the current SHK-P2W model.
Dumbest idea so far xD
meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

nimarion wrote:
zafont wrote:Various thoughts:
1. I think you should increase the cap of FP for Crown Prince and for each additional degree a CP gets. The 200.00 cap for a CP with 16-19 villages, means he can hold in a war for a couple of weeks before he runs out of FP and lose everything.

2. I believe you should add more quests and achievements. You could even add more level to the excisting quests or completely new ones to keep people interested in a server beyond a certain point. You could even add an achievement of achievements (e.g. get X number of achievements to saphire lvl) with various degrees
3. The world is round! lol I know you know it so in Global maps, there should be a possibility of sending units through the Pacific. For example , it doesnt make sense to need days of travelling from Alaska to NorthEast Russia when in reality they are close to each other
4. I believe you should either decrease the size of silk and spice buildings to fit more in a village or increase the availiable ground to build them or adjust the card point cost of their cards because as is, the River 1 and River 2 type villages are not appealing at all.
5. I believe you should add cards that increase monk speed for a specific amount of time, just like for army or merchant speed.
6. I believe that after a certain Age or Era, those you are willing should be able to expand in more than 40 villages, paying the price of course. That number and the requirements are up to you :)
7. I think that for a new Stewart to be able to delete a parish Castle there should be a time needed for him to be in office. It is ridiculus for someone (even low rank) to be able to monk himself in for 2 minutes and delete what took months to be build...
8. There is a problem with high lvl CPs that can not get a Liege Lord and get troops for their castles. That means they have to choose between troops, merchants, monks and even scouts and that paralyzes their game since by definition those with a CP degree 3-5 or higher are not fighters and they usually leave the parishes to fighters to use the parish army in war, so they cant even use the parish army to station in their villages.
9. It occured to me that when invading a land in real life, you cant depend on the markets and merchants of this land to provide you with their weapons so that you will attack them...Maybe there should be some kind of a blockade possible (by order of Marshall or Governor or King) to certain Houses/Factions from buying things from Markets in their lands, when they are in war or while invading, forcing the invading forces to depend on their supply lines and build an expedition force like in real warfare.
10. I think you should add one or two more banqueting products (e.g. candles)
11. What is the point of a Marsh type village? :) Especially when you can have a Highland type that covers all raw materials?
12. I really think you should increase the number of cards a player can hold beyond the 2000 cap you have now
13. I think you should add to the County Capital, the Province Capital and the Counrty Capital, the same buildings there are in a Parish Capital with a level of effect to the respective areas (County, Province or Country). That will open many possibilities to those in charge to decide of the type and caracter of their rule and will give an incentive to everyone to donate to those Capitals, since very few actually do now :)

Thanks for your patience :)
Exactly
I disagree, everything you have mentioned suits the super farmers and carders, fp cap is brilliant, means farmers cannot sit there for 400 days build millions of fp then monk storm everything, basically if they wanna fight then they better get ready for proper war. having 50 villages in later ages is just stupid, just means the 40 players in the 1 house ruins the other 8 players chances who want to fight as the super farmers who have built up 20 billion fp and 600 villages each are impossible to beat.

I love new rules with exception of razes as it takes your average player a few month to hit prince. I am average player and have played many worlds and on average it takes me 100 days maybe slightly quicker if I don't go to war due to not being able to raze anyone.
meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

DwarvenDefense wrote:The problem of alts is fixed! Now people would have to invest slightly more time into their 'dummy' account. Or people paying money for multiple accounts, that never happens. Nothing new in terms of innovation from Firefly to see here, move along folks. Waiting for their 'bigger news'..
People will always cheat as people are desperate to win, GC1 has shown me how desperate people are to win from logging into each others accounts, creating multiple accounts, paying people to create accounts for monking purposes.

With the limit at 200kfp and taking away low ranked excommers this will help your genuine players, people wont last long being paid to ID if they only have 200k fp max same for players alting its just making it harder to abuse the rules. So overall this is great idea and maybe not prevent cheating but it will help it, I for one am a massive fan of this cap and people can moan but fighting on low fp is not a bad thing, well it is if your a farmer who has to rely on farming for 2 years then joining fight when you have enough fp to last you another few ages, it just makes the game that much harder for those type of players which is probably why there all * and moaning.

I will not join this new world well maybe place village but I will wait until the mobile release before I join a new world seriously.
Cripper2

Post by Cripper2 »

I agree with the faith point cap and 200k is a reasonable amount for age/era 1. Players having millions of faith points in later ages made it difficult to compete. Once a house ran out of fp basically those players were finished on that server in terms of competing for glory rounds

It would need to increase in later eras if you keep the same increases in interdiction cost and the number of villages

I would have liked to have seen voting/monking end the peacetime of a village and maybe a 24h timer after taking control of a parish before you can make changes to the parish castle. Opening access to bombards in age 1 would also have helped to counter captain attacks

Not being able to raze will mean that there will be more use made of ransacking and pillaging. Parish stewards help new players more and look after parishes better to avoid being voted out.

Return to “News & Client Updates”