SHK and 4K resolution

This forum is for bugs, crash reports and error messages encountered when attempting to install or run the game.
Marietta.

SHK and 4K resolution

Post by Marietta. »

SHK in this monitor resolution 3840*2160 seems tiny, when i see private messages it's close to unreadable and uncomfortable to play, how i can to scale resolution of this game?
YungBlood

Re: SHK and 4K resolution

Post by YungBlood »

This is Stronghold Kingdoms, you can't change the resolution. :lol:

In fact, many of the features you want are not in the game and never will be.

Have to change the resolution of your screen on the desktop and them relaunch the game.
Image Image
Marietta.

Post by Marietta. »

it's not a solve of a problem
I can hardly agree with a very small size of the Village Overview, but
Firefly Studios must be able to make a patch which can scale sizes texts at least.
I don't want to be disappointed abilities of developers
YungBlood

Post by YungBlood »

Marietta. wrote:it's not a solve of a problem
I can hardly agree with a very small size of the Village Overview, but
Firefly Studios must be able to make a patch which can scale sizes texts at least.
I don't want to be disappointed abilities of developers
LOL don't want to be disappointed in the abilities of the developers?

This is golden, you must be new to the game :lol:
Image Image
YungBlood

Post by YungBlood »

You will need to exit the game, right click your desktop and change the resolution to something smaller like 1920x1080 or 1366x768

Stronghold Kingdoms has no in-game setting that allow you to manipulate screen resolution, or any graphical setting like that.

As for a patch, again, you must be new the game. The last real "patch" for this game was December of 2015 :lol:
Image Image
Esoteric Paradigm

Post by Esoteric Paradigm »

Marietta. wrote:SHK in this monitor resolution 3840*2160 seems tiny, when i see private messages it's close to unreadable and uncomfortable to play, how i can to scale resolution of this game?
I agree with you - it is most annoying. I posted about this problem months ago and got no response from Firefly.
I use a Samsung Galaxy TabPro S and lots of stuff is totally unreadable and in many cases is not even visible on my screen. For instance when looking at cards the text isn't even shown.
I tried changing resolutions etc and all to no avail - it is a software problem for Firefly and nothing can be done about it till they decide to fix it. Totally unacceptable but the more people scream at them the more likely they are to fix it I guess.
Hardly anyone uses these forums any more so I don't expect a response any time soon.
Marietta.

Post by Marietta. »

2YungBlood, yes, i am new at this game since first stronghold from 2001 and Beta SHK in 2010.
About patch, we are customers and should to say about problem, nobody don't do anything if we do not say about that. The problem must be announced.
Please leave this thread with yours awesome jokes.

2Esoteric Paradigm, hope, that our requests will be seen or even get a response by developers.
tray

Post by tray »

I am having this same issue. Texts are sooooo small I can barely read it. Can't read messages.

https://gyazo.com/73f6036646b98218680e364591dcd33b
Esoteric Paradigm

Post by Esoteric Paradigm »

Still no response from Firefly.
I do not even use my laptop to play the game any more - way too tiring on the eyes trying to read text and as I have said, in may cases text isn't even there at all to read lol.
I guess they are having great problems trying to code the game for phones now so I don't think they are very interested in these sort of laptop problems :(
tray

Post by tray »

Did you submit a ticket? I did last night. Let's see if they respond. Apparently there are a lot of players having this issue. I will put a ticket in every few days until I get a reponse.

Return to “Technical Help”