The Final Age

Important announcements and patch notes will be posted here.
Forum rules
Please do not start any New Topics in this Forum.

This Forum is only to be used for News Posts related to updates and any other topics will be removed.
warlord1799

Re: The Final Age

Post by warlord1799 »

Yes but letting one player decide the fate of a game world is useless let me show you what i mean. Say the leading houses make a pact not to end the server then later if a player or house marshel gets * off and decides to drop all players from the leading house create a bunch of fake alts upgrades the accounts to be put in a faction then takes all the towers and ends the game. Leaving everyone else screwed. Firefly would not be able to do a thing about it
warlord1799

Post by warlord1799 »

You are not letting multipul people decide the fate of a game one person holds the butten if that player wants he can end the game regardless of how other players feel.
ElectrickSabers

Post by ElectrickSabers »

it figures, after I actually praise firefly for a good decision they go and * up by posting the prizes wrong. You guys seriously need to invest in a good marketing person. someone who can interact with the players and make sure you don't do stupid things. You guys might be great coders but you really lack in community relations. if my employees interacted with my customers some of the ways I have seen by firefly employees, the would be ex employees.
Klaire

Post by Klaire »

I, too, feel that the change in prizes is not going to attract people to play actively in final age.

However, the card point values for the 'mistake' prizes were OP. And 20 months premium for getting gold+final victory is.. a lot of premium.

Now though, they're not enticing enough. People don't usually stay on the wolf world forever because it is easy to lose villages, and quite repetitive gameplay sometimes. But many people know that if you find someone willing to help you out just a little bit there, you can make 4k card points with relative ease.

Ok, so the ones posted first were never meant to be posted. But they were posted. And they make the new prizes look worse than they are.

I suggest changing the prizes a third time.
Gold- Existing prizes, but increase card point value to 15k and add 2x 30 day tokens
Silver- Existing prizes, increase cp value to 7.5k
Bronze- Existing prizes, increase cp value to 3k, decrease premium token to 1x 30 day.
Final- Existing prizes, add 5k cp and 1x 30 day token.

I don't think these prizes would be over the top, but they would entice more people to the 6th and 7th ages, making for a more interesting 'end of the world/save the world' experience.
President Snow

Post by President Snow »

@Sir Glennalot - You are right, I am in house 17 :P However I'm posting more to do with the fact that they nerfed ALL the rewards, For gold, silver and bronze. It to me seems very unprofessional to upload one set of rewards, which although OP, have certainly had the desired effect - Over 900 people have spawned onto world 4 with the chance of scooping some of the prizes. Now they have changed them to very very under powered rewards.

What Claire suggested would be in line with what would be good and useful for starting up again from scratch after the server inevitably goes offline. It is more than a bit of a mistake by your marketing folks though. If it had been a typo, fine. But it was not. :|
warlord1799

Post by warlord1799 »

My beef is i dont like that one person has the option to close the world if your closing a world thats a pretty big responsibility to give one player. Even for a house marshal. I do apologize for acting out on this i just dont like when people only want to destroy or end a game world without even discussing the possibilty of udating them or not. To me this update shows that firefly does not care about all there players as much as we thought they did. To me i feel like this is the first step of a long dark road for firefly and its loyal customer's.

In the end i dont mind the update i think it could be tweaked a bit to give everyone a chance to save the world or end it. Forcing players to play another world is wrong in my eyes.

I would like to here more from the guys in red about why they decided this update would be best for everyone.

The game before age 6 was balanced out among all types of remaining players these updates unblance everything and forces people to make harsh decisions and making the game more of a responsibility then what its ment to be"a game".
Popeye25

Post by Popeye25 »

all firefly moderators/admin staff will be razed on sight on world 4
Turps Drinker

Post by Turps Drinker »

doesnt matter if its a mistake, FF should honour the original rewards, if it had only been posted a few minutes that would be one thing, but that post was there a long time and attracked numerous people to the game.
whiitiie

Post by whiitiie »

I love you firefly
trickthat

Post by trickthat »

Ok, let's talk business sense, like ES said, you make a mistake, try it, see how the first server ending goes....call it a beta ending...

You want the servers to have conclusion so you don't keep wasting resources when it makes no money....we've doubled population on W4 which means you get more money....the prizes were good for all players, even those at prince with 1 village. The world ends at some point and now people are encouraged to pick a new server to use their prize...they remember after 4 years starting over can be fun...they use the prizes and then start to spend money....

You are here to make money, we are all pretty sure of that....so put the prizes back and see how it goes. There are players that make these much in rewards in 3 days on wolf world, equal to these new prizes....I used to make at least 2k cp a day there, and usually 5 or so chiv cards... if having 40k card points unbalances the server, then players like Juris and Ogga would be ruling their worlds with their 200k cp....but this is a game of numbers not single players.

You made a mistake....own up to it, try it and see how it goes. the original prizes gave people a real shot at getting a good start on a new world. They won't be able to drop into a world and own it. Leaving these new prizes is not incentive and people will just keep farming or banditing. You can certainly change things again later.

I bet in the long run you will make more money....and have people a lot more excited to play past age 1

Return to “News & Client Updates”