GC 1 about to plummet below 10,000 players

All discussion related to activity in the Global Conflict world should be posted here.
RobertScott

GC 1 about to plummet below 10,000 players

Post by RobertScott »

Thank you so much Firefly for destroying the best launch you ever had, by opening Island World and GC 2. Instead of working on keeping the 29,000 players you had, you went for short sighted greed yet again, and ripped out your own intestines.

I am in a great Faction now and it masks for now the fact that Global Conflict One is bleeding out, stumbling along clutching said intestines, futilely attempting to stuff them into the body cavity, but the wound is fatal.

As you pick pizza morsels out of your beards and nibble them you probably tell each other that The Russians killed GC 1 by dominating it. From my perspective, they dominated by organized disciplined play and ought be commended for what they achieved. Any chance there was of others dusting themselves off and grouping together to take a run at them was killed by you launching the new Worlds.

You did the same thing to me when I was in W 5 by your giddy launches of W 6, W 7, W 8, in rapid succession.

I hope the group stays together for a while, but when it grows too quiet I am gone, and this time I will not be tricked by you into thinking you will not do the same thing again. This is the sort of game one plays every day and puts thought into, I will find another where the Devs are worth the investment ( already think I have found it ).

Good luck getting the kiddie phone app crowd to stick around, I do not think SHK will hold their short attention spans.

You peaked with the Steam launch, hope you put some of that coin in the bank, because SKH is on its way to irrelevance.
MiladySkye

Re: GC 1 about to plummet below 10,000 players

Post by MiladySkye »

RobertScott wrote: This is the sort of game one plays every day and puts thought into, I will find another where the Devs are worth the investment ( already think I have found it ).
Care to share your discovery? Others are looking for the same thing you are as well . . .
When injustice is law, resistance becomes duty . . .
RobertScott

Post by RobertScott »

Well it is not a map based military strategy game, but Elder Scrolls Online is looking pretty good.

They stumbled out of their launch but apparently have made many improvements, looks like it might be worth the time, and it is not pay to win.
MiladySkye

Post by MiladySkye »

Someone else mentioned that game to me this past week. Maybe will give it a go. Thanks! :-)
When injustice is law, resistance becomes duty . . .
RobertScott

Post by RobertScott »

Wilksy

Post by Wilksy »

erpages wrote:Was thinking to get ESO but I am a bit exhausted of MMORPG (WoW,L2,RO,...) but at the same time I want to play something that develops and feels like to be part of something, instead of playing matchs and doing the yolo like other games (Dota2,LoL,Smite,...) Any idea? :P
I hear there's a good medieval castle building wargame kicking around on here somewhere....

:P
'If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a * fool about it.'

W. C. Fields
VimpyCZ

Post by VimpyCZ »

FF dont care, they only care about money from new worlds...
Wilksy

Post by Wilksy »

VimpyCZ wrote:FF dont care, they only care about money from new worlds...
To be fair to them - they have been continually moaned at to do something about the number of 'dead' worlds.

Many are happy about this and many aren't. It is an impossible task to please everyone.
'If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a * fool about it.'

W. C. Fields
VimpyCZ

Post by VimpyCZ »

Wilksy wrote:
To be fair to them - they have been continually moaned at to do something about the number of 'dead' worlds.

Many are happy about this and many aren't. It is an impossible task to please everyone.
increase to 6 ages isnt sollution ;-)
Wilksy

Post by Wilksy »

VimpyCZ wrote:
Wilksy wrote:

increase to 6 ages isnt sollution ;-)
I agree.

The Final Age is a step in the direction to correct this. This could possibly be brought forward a few ages in the future if it worked better?

W. C. Fields

Return to “Global Conflict Lounge”