The Sixth Age is Coming!

Important announcements and patch notes will be posted here.
Forum rules
Please do not start any New Topics in this Forum.

This Forum is only to be used for News Posts related to updates and any other topics will be removed.

Do you like the idea of being able to achieve final victory on a game world?

Yes
37%
No
55%
Not Sure
8%

Total votes: 236

DekeYoungAtlanta

Re: The Sixth Age is Coming!

Post by DekeYoungAtlanta »

The 5th Age Glory race has been over for 3 days. No update from Firefly.

Looks like Fan Art Giveaway is more important that the 6th Are rule set
Wilksy

Post by Wilksy »

DekeYoungAtlanta wrote:The 5th Age Glory race has been over for 3 days. No update from Firefly.

Looks like Fan Art Giveaway is more important that the 6th Are rule set
Submit a ticket my friend.
'If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a * fool about it.'

W. C. Fields
Lord Alacrity

Post by Lord Alacrity »

Full details will be posted in the next day or two, we appreciate your patience. :)
Wilksy

Post by Wilksy »

Lord Alacrity wrote:Full details will be posted in the next day or two, we appreciate your patience. :)
Many thanks.
'If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a * fool about it.'

W. C. Fields
DekeYoungAtlanta

Post by DekeYoungAtlanta »

24 hour notification of scheduled down time was announced. Looks like the rollover occurs tomorrow.
Wilksy

Post by Wilksy »

DekeYoungAtlanta wrote:24 hour notification of scheduled down time was announced. Looks like the rollover occurs tomorrow.
Cool :)

W. C. Fields
Moonjam

Post by Moonjam »

Core to the Sixth Age is the new rule set, which is now in effect.

1.The cost to recruit troops in capitals has been halved.
2. Movement speed has increased for Armies and Scouts, they now move at four times the speed of the First Age.
3. Monk movement speed has been doubled.
4. Weapons can now be found in stashes.
5. Weapons can once again be bought and sold at markets.
6. The max faction size is now 10 players.
7. 1 million Glory Points are required to win each Glory Round.

As you can see Sire, you will need to keep your alliances intact in order to assure victory for you and your comrades.

Good Luck!

OMG!!!! SERIOUSLY FIREFLY.... this you have in stored for us at this stage age ? wooow I am so not impressed by this! VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!

Why should we spend our time and money when I feel firefly is making this to end game age as sentient come.

I cannot see the sense to continue to play in the other worlds as well, when I know what I look forward to this stage age to come.

Did you guys think this through, over 1 night ? ... have you even taken our ideas and thoughts in consideration ?

FIREFLY should postpone this poorly update and take the time and thoughts, to make the game more interesting to play with better improvement.

--- Moonjam ---
Kagriss

Post by Kagriss »

Why not reset the world to Age 1, every player who has gained ANYTHING (research, cards, villages... anything) they keep it, then they have the chance to increase even further and play through it a second time. It might be fun to play it all over again, but this time you have the research done already. Yes, it would be over powering for the players that already have maxed their research, and have villages that are massive and make them insane amounts of everything, but at least they wouldn't be reset to zero. A closed world makes me want to quit the game now and not wait for the agony later. Simply rolling the world into age 1 again, then maybe give each player an option if they want to reset their character to zero or not. Think of all the things you can do in age 1 that you can't later, like delete buildings you have maxed out and keep the benefit. This would make people happy in the present, but they would be forced to choose which capital buildings they want as the age draws to a close again. Simply rolling a world around again, and again, will get old, but unless you decide you don't want any age 1 worlds, this is the only way I see to recycle worlds and not lose all the players.

Maybe all players lose their villages and have to start over again, but they keep their research, cards and all that. I'm fine with the battle field being drawn all over again, it happens every age change, but a complete wipe is crazy. I know cards will be kept as they can be used across all worlds, but research is painful and the friends are friends.

Anyway, I didn't ready ALL the posts so I'm probably double posting someone else, but I think rolling the world to age 1 again is the solution that keeps everyone the happiest.
Wilksy

Post by Wilksy »

Kagriss wrote:Why not reset the world to Age 1, every player who has gained ANYTHING (research, cards, villages... anything) they keep it, then they have the chance to increase even further and play through it a second time. It might be fun to play it all over again, but this time you have the research done already. Yes, it would be over powering for the players that already have maxed their research, and have villages that are massive and make them insane amounts of everything, but at least they wouldn't be reset to zero. A closed world makes me want to quit the game now and not wait for the agony later. Simply rolling the world into age 1 again, then maybe give each player an option if they want to reset their character to zero or not. Think of all the things you can do in age 1 that you can't later, like delete buildings you have maxed out and keep the benefit. This would make people happy in the present, but they would be forced to choose which capital buildings they want as the age draws to a close again. Simply rolling a world around again, and again, will get old, but unless you decide you don't want any age 1 worlds, this is the only way I see to recycle worlds and not lose all the players.

Maybe all players lose their villages and have to start over again, but they keep their research, cards and all that. I'm fine with the battle field being drawn all over again, it happens every age change, but a complete wipe is crazy. I know cards will be kept as they can be used across all worlds, but research is painful and the friends are friends.

Anyway, I didn't ready ALL the posts so I'm probably double posting someone else, but I think rolling the world to age 1 again is the solution that keeps everyone the happiest.
This is another idea for sure. The issue it would not alieviate is that of the superhouse which ruled the world continuing to do so with the only resistance being the odd rogue attack.

W. C. Fields
13000rpm

Post by 13000rpm »

Kagriss wrote:Why not reset the world to Age 1, every player who has gained ANYTHING (research, cards, villages... anything) they keep it, then they have the chance to increase even further and play through it a second time. It might be fun to play it all over again, but this time you have the research done already. Yes, it would be over powering for the players that already have maxed their research, and have villages that are massive and make them insane amounts of everything, but at least they wouldn't be reset to zero. A closed world makes me want to quit the game now and not wait for the agony later. Simply rolling the world into age 1 again, then maybe give each player an option if they want to reset their character to zero or not. Think of all the things you can do in age 1 that you can't later, like delete buildings you have maxed out and keep the benefit. This would make people happy in the present, but they would be forced to choose which capital buildings they want as the age draws to a close again. Simply rolling a world around again, and again, will get old, but unless you decide you don't want any age 1 worlds, this is the only way I see to recycle worlds and not lose all the players.

the only thing that benefits is the farmer who dont do anything with the resources.. yes this is a game of farming and fighting but you dont hear of players spending hundreds of dollars on apple cards.. firefly need to make money and farmers dont make that it prob costs them more to keep the server open than players actually put into it

Return to “News & Client Updates”