The Sixth Age is Coming!

Important announcements and patch notes will be posted here.
Forum rules
Please do not start any New Topics in this Forum.

This Forum is only to be used for News Posts related to updates and any other topics will be removed.

Do you like the idea of being able to achieve final victory on a game world?

Yes
37%
No
55%
Not Sure
8%

Total votes: 236

B0CMAN

Re: The Sixth Age is Coming!

Post by B0CMAN »

Jeik I wrote:Hello guys, I’m playing on the 1st Russian world and I glad to present you my suggestions about changes which should be made in the sixth age.
First of all, I think that the main problem is saboteur players which tactics consist only in respawning on the map, followed by capturing a parish and deleting smth in it. They also use millions of gold in parishes accumulated by farmers to raze innocent noobs with poor defense.
So, firstly I offer to set a limit for amount of gold which can be stored in a parish, county, province and country. For example, 100k is okay. It will not only make the saboteur activity more difficult, but will return the nessecity of using vassals army, timings, captains with tactics for war instead of stupid usage of x4/x6 cards and millions in parishes. This could be also named as one of the main reasons because of what worlds are “dying”.
Another change which I can suggest is to set a minimum amount of time of holding a parish after which it becomes possible to use steward functions (deleting buildings in it, using armies, etc.). That will also make saboteur activity more difficult. I assume that 6 hours is enough.
Finally, respawning is possible (If you lose all of your villages you can rejoin the world), but you should wait some time before you can respawn. First time is a week, second is two weeks, third is three, etc.
That’s all for now, please discuss ;)

I support.
Jeik I

Post by Jeik I »

There is already a way to limit how much gold is in a parish, don't leave it on X9 for months and you won't have millions. If you are stupid enough to leave millions of gold in your parish, then you deserve to lose your towns.
Not everyone undestand that. We have many dumb and reatarded persons in the World, who don't listen to such advices and orders. They store gold, which rogues use against us, sane players, not them. And it's really enrages.

Also against rogues is a good idea don't let respawned people vote in parishes for the week. It is really great. You wait 3 days untill you can attack the village of a rogue but he also can't deal damage to you beacuse he can't vote.
In this way there is no need to set a limit for gold.
ElectrickSabers

Post by ElectrickSabers »

Jeik I wrote:
There is already a way to limit how much gold is in a parish, don't leave it on X9 for months and you won't have millions. If you are stupid enough to leave millions of gold in your parish, then you deserve to lose your towns.
Not everyone undestand that. We have many dumb and reatarded persons in the World, who don't listen to such advices and orders. They store gold, which rogues use against us, sane players, not them. And it's really enrages.

Also against rogues is a good idea don't let respawned people vote in parishes for the week. It is really great. You wait 3 days untill you can attack the village of a rogue but he also can't deal damage to you beacuse he can't vote.
In this way there is no need to set a limit for gold.
I see no reason to dumb down the game for people who are to stupid to maintain their gold levels. I don't think there should be a limit, because I like to steal gold from those people.

For your second point, I am indifferent. I have landed in counties and immediately monked them to me. As long as that doesn't change I would be ok with it.
13000rpm

Post by 13000rpm »

rogues make the game fun .. for every reply here imagine what it be like if you did not have the rogues.. you would be sitting here talking about taking the cap off how many apples you can keep in storage and then wondering why the words are dying.
morpin

Post by morpin »

If there is no final victory, why bother playing. Go play Simcity.

My suggestions for an end game.

Introduce the ability to build grand cathedrals in county capitals.
The cathedrals take massive amounts of resources to build and require cooperation to build.
There can only be 10 of these cathedrals built.
The cathedrals can be de-constructed if they are captured.
Once a house owns these 10 cathedrals the game is over and the players in that house receive an award that can be displayed in other worlds.

Starting new worlds is good for the vendor as new worlds generate more carders. It's good for players as they have a reason to play for a victory and for losers to start on other new worlds.
BoneCutter

Post by BoneCutter »

Jeik I wrote:Hello guys, I’m playing on the 1st Russian world and I glad to present you my suggestions about changes which should be made in the sixth age.
First of all, I think that the main problem is saboteur players which tactics consist only in respawning on the map, followed by capturing a parish and deleting smth in it. They also use millions of gold in parishes accumulated by farmers to raze innocent noobs with poor defense.
So, firstly I offer to set a limit for amount of gold which can be stored in a parish, county, province and country. For example, 100k is okay. It will not only make the saboteur activity more difficult, but will return the nessecity of using vassals army, timings, captains with tactics for war instead of stupid usage of x4/x6 cards and millions in parishes. This could be also named as one of the main reasons because of what worlds are “dying”.
Another change which I can suggest is to set a minimum amount of time of holding a parish after which it becomes possible to use steward functions (deleting buildings in it, using armies, etc.). That will also make saboteur activity more difficult. I assume that 6 hours is enough.
Finally, respawning is possible (If you lose all of your villages you can rejoin the world), but you should wait some time before you can respawn. First time is a week, second is two weeks, third is three, etc.
I agree with your ideas and completely support them
BoneCutter

Post by BoneCutter »

ElectrickSabers wrote:

But I agree about the rogues, I wish there was a way to limit the way they play.
So, you like to take out gold from parishes. But what's the problem in gaining only 100-200k within the limit, not millions. Players should recall first ages, whe not only parishes was used, but vassal armies and captains too. Now, because there is a few really active players in such worlds as 1,2,3 russian and foreign worlds, appeared many inactive players which store very much gold in their parishes. That creates conditions for the appearance of rogue players, which activity includes only spoiling other player's game on the whole map.
DekeYoungAtlanta

Re: Less than three weeks left in the 5th age on UK-4 server

Post by DekeYoungAtlanta »

DekeYoungAtlanta wrote:There is less than three weeks left in the 5th age on UK-4 server
House 10 has 2,185,904 with a rate of 99,359 per day. My estimate is that the 5th age ends on June 12th with a rollover date of June 16th.

Please post a 6th age rule set soon. I have plans I need to implement prior to the rollover.

- Deke
House 10 has 3,120,380 with a rate of 100,657 per day. My estimate is that the 5th age ends on June 11th with a rollover date if June 16th.

Please post the 6th Age rule set.

- Deke
meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

13000rpm wrote:rogues make the game fun .. for every reply here imagine what it be like if you did not have the rogues.. you would be sitting here talking about taking the cap off how many apples you can keep in storage and then wondering why the words are dying.
Yup, sitting there age 5, no wars, 27 players playing the map 800 inactives, what else is there to do.

age 6 rules should be simple
whoever donates the most wins the age then the server ends. no need for wars its all about which faction can donate the most the winner gets 50 food packs they can take to the next world.

Seriously, the game is dying with all the worlds, age 6 needs to be the last age. Then people can either quit the game or join a new world.
Papa_Smurf

Post by Papa_Smurf »

Smurfingly Papa suggests inter-world wars.

Basically the first 2 worlds that reach age 6 gets merged together and the players of the 2 worlds smurf it out to get a winner. For ease lets call our old worlds A and B.

It would work like this
1) Merging the worlds - Villages would stay in the same place unless 2 villages occupy the same location on both worlds. If this happens, on a alternate world by world basis (with logic which meant the same player didn't have all of their villages moved) the system would choose 1 village to keep the slot and place the other village in the same parish. If placing in the same parish isn't possible the closest available slot to parish village would be used.

2) Players on both worlds - Players would need to choose which world to fight for

3) Houses and factions - Each world (A and B) would have 10 houses in the new world. Each house could have 10 or 5 factions. Each faction could have 10/15/20/25/30/35/40 players. The actual numbers would be dependent on how many active players each world has at the point of merger. The idea is that the 10 houses have enough space to ensure that every player can be in a house.

4) Joining a faction - Players would only be allowed to join a faction containing players from the same world, a faction would only be allowed to join houses of its world.

5) To win the age - World A or B players would need to control over 75% of occupied parishes, counties and countries for 7 full game days (i.e. 00:00 to 23:59 7 days later). If a parish or county doesn't have any players in it then it doesn't count as part of the total.

6) Prizes - The winning world gets lots of prizes and players names on hall of fame along with key stats about the player (e.g. number of razes, captures, donations etc)

7) Rebuild time - Once a world has won, its players gets a minimum of 30 days to rebuild before it awaits the next world merge. During this time the losing world players lose all of their villages however instead of being deleted they become available for the winning world's players to capture (all village attributes are retained) until the expiry of the 30 days at which point they get deleted.

8) Rule changes
a) Army and scout speeds are doubled
b) No new players
c) If a player loses all of their villages they have 7 days to respawn after this they are out of the world
d) The honour cost of acquiring an extra village is removed (it will still cost honour to capture)
e) Attacking with parish, county and king armies now incurs an honour penalty
f) Disease can now occur in parish, county and kingdom villages
g) Castle build speed is increase x4 and instant build cards are prohibited. Speed build cards are allowed still
h) No glory rounds
i) All other age 5 rules are retained

9) New features -
a) Save individual castle configuration. Rebuild button castle button - This allows players to save the set up of a single castle and then at the click of a button have the system begin rebuilding the castle to the saved configuration (I know this is already available enmasse but the current way means every castle has to be the same).
b) Rebuild all castles button - This would start each castle building back towards its saved design and take the grind out of repairing all your castles each day
c) New unit - Disease spreader - This unit spreads 5 amount of disease to village. Each disease unit costs 25 unit space and 500 gold.
d) Disease - Disease should now have a negative effect on an army (attacking or defending). For attacking armies it would be based on the disease level of the village from which the attack was launched (the disease level at the time of launch not landing) and for defending armies the disease of the village being attacked would apply (level at the point of the attacking hitting the village). The negative effect should be -4% HP for each unit for every 10 disease in a village. e.g. if a village has 100 disease an army would have -40% HP per unit. If a village had the maximum disease it would mean its armies had a reduction of 80% of their HP.

Having the world wars would be an effective way of killing off old worlds without people just losing their villages for no reason (here you lose the war and lose your villages)

Papa

Return to “News & Client Updates”