All in a days work

New PvE based game world. This Forum has Now been closed following the worlds closure.
Priest Guardian

All in a days work

Post by Priest Guardian »

So decided to return a 3rd time and give it a go. Luck landed me in an area with helpful players this time and that certainly helped with the experience

I started today as Baron rank (achieved from my past attempts at this server)

Lets get this out of the way as some will attest to seeing my scouts and merchants crossing the map.....yes I used cards

But the day as a whole (day being 6hrs of gaming) allowed me to start 4 new villages from scratch and by the end all were enclosed with fully built great towers and walls with troops defending. After the first wolf pillage on one of my new villages it left me little choice but to do this

Was able to get 14 wheel spins from foraging in those 6hrs and one was a tier 2spin (reminded me of Christmas stashes and spins.....fun :) )

also put up 75% diplomacy and some defense cards for the night

Be back tomorrow for round 2 ;) I just might hang around this time. We will see how a carder does against this pending wolf invasion
After you try all the other MMO's , you keep coming back to SHK's
Matlowe

Re: All in a days work

Post by Matlowe »

Get those castles fully built before your peacetime is up and you'll do fine. You have to repair regularly so logging in once a day is a must.
Priest Guardian

Post by Priest Guardian »

Day 2 and another 12 wheel spins from foraging

Got my merchants working good today and brought in some nice gold from selling apples and cheese, as well as buying wood/stone. Markets in my area are awesome for such an older server

weapon stockpile is full (even cats) , scouting weapons is easy and fast compared to producing them.

had roughly a dozen wolf pillage attacks on my 3 new villages in the wolf parish last 12 hrs. Fortunately diplomacy did what it is suppose to and stopped about 80% of them. However the ones that hit were successful :x . Will need to research pillage timer clock next, also topped off the archers today and now have 400 troops in each castle . Will see how that does next 24hrs

But everything is moving along nicely, keeping me busy anyway. The rewards for the effort are nice 8-)
After you try all the other MMO's , you keep coming back to SHK's
HappyHour224

Post by HappyHour224 »

if all you do is the scouting for spins just buy charters and do it that way (may need to grind to marquis or higher)

every 3 days the AI will cap your village and you just buy more

player Esoteric PAradigm does this and i think it works for him

it also helps the rest of us out because you mass scout stashes and open up catapults for us and we either scout them or you get them and sell them
Esoteric Paradigm

Post by Esoteric Paradigm »

HappyHour224 wrote:if all you do is the scouting for spins just buy charters and do it that way (may need to grind to marquis or higher)

every 3 days the AI will cap your village and you just buy more

player Esoteric PAradigm does this and i think it works for him

it also helps the rest of us out because you mass scout stashes and open up catapults for us and we either scout them or you get them and sell them
Yep that's what I do - it works althi atm I am taking a break from Wolfie world till I see if Firefly are going to do much that is more interesting.
The current concept of eternal worlds that die within months is getting very old.
If the phone apps just bring in a lot of newbies then it might be fine for Firefly but not for people like me.
I want game feature improvement - and quickly - not going to happen imho so.........exit stage door right I guess :)
Matlowe

Post by Matlowe »

You need to move a city down south where the snake and rat are. Cap a parish next to the rat, and clear the parish. make a 2nd city and let rat attack you and take it over, it will then spawn all the charters and bam you have a parish full of rats to farm and get the wheel spins from them aswell^^
Esoteric Paradigm

Matlowe wrote:You need to move a city down south where the snake and rat are. Cap a parish next to the rat, and clear the parish. make a 2nd city and let rat attack you and take it over, it will then spawn all the charters and bam you have a parish full of rats to farm and get the wheel spins from them aswell^^
Except that all the parishes are taken and nobody is going to let someone move in and kill "their" rats etc.
Matlowe

Post by Matlowe »

Well I have taken two in the last day esoteric. I haven't cleared them yet, but thats the plan. If you look close enough, you will find one within range of a rat castle.

Most of snakes and rats are down south hannibal so if you have to go down there and "spread" them. Noone really wants to go to the effort though so they just scout stashes.
meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

I might try the esotric way of playing jus buy charters use the 9 days peace time to build, make gold, and scout my face off get razed then buy more charters, actually sounds like good plan, I think the 40 points ot costs for throughbreead is more then worth it for the potential return it will bring
Esoteric Paradigm

meatball2k wrote:I might try the esotric way of playing jus buy charters use the 9 days peace time to build, make gold, and scout my face off get razed then buy more charters, actually sounds like good plan, I think the 40 points ot costs for throughbreead is more then worth it for the potential return it will bring
I am having a rest from Wolf World atm.
I found with 4-5 well spaced villages I could make quite a tidy profit from using arab stallions for 3 hours.
Even 3 villages works fine. Sometimes I would build a few merchant buildings and sell all the stuff just before peacetime ran out to pay for the new charter costs but maybe only every week or 2.
The AI cannot ransack the main 3 buildings for collecting goods so I never lost anything and just turned off all attack reports etc.

Return to “Rise of The Wolf”