Advent Calendar / Exclusive Charges

Important announcements and patch notes will be posted here.
Forum rules
Please do not start any New Topics in this Forum.

This Forum is only to be used for News Posts related to updates and any other topics will be removed.
Lord Friendly

Re: Advent Calendar / Exclusive Charges

Post by Lord Friendly »

Wheel Spin prizes are Independent of the honour circle.
Esoteric Paradigm

Post by Esoteric Paradigm »

I think what Lord Friendly is trying to say is that the chance of getting a wheel spin from scouting an undiscovered stash is the same regardless of whether the stash is within the honour circle or not.
Priest Guardian

Post by Priest Guardian »

also will add to the chance of getting a wheel spin seems to average 1 wheel spin per 15-25 stashes uncovered. At least that's my experience when carding scouts
After you try all the other MMO's , you keep coming back to SHK's
Lord Jon Cornu

Post by Lord Jon Cornu »

I think there are some diminishing returns. When I come in, there's like almost always some spins (even more than 1) in the very first 5 stashes I go to. After that, the rate seems to go down and down, to the point that if I take even more than 10 stashes at the same time after a bit, I hardly find 1 spin. And when I leave the game and come back later, I get to find spins very often for a little while again.

Maybe it's just my personal bias, who knows. But it seems odd to be acting like this :P So maybe going hard for greedy-scouting and trying to get all presents (leaving little for other players) isn't very nice and Firefly did something to counter it? hahaha it'd be pretty fun if it's really like this.

PS: This would also explain why some people think that the honor circle gives more chance to get a prize.... since it's obvious that when you come online, first thing you'll scout is nearby stashes, then you'll eventually try for farther ones...?
Esoteric Paradigm

Not sure about Xmas stashes in other worlds as most of my exp with scouting stashes for wheel spins comes from Wolfie World. I am not sure that the % chance of getting a wheel spin changes with time independent of other factors such as number of stashes scouted. That is way harder to prove without an awful lot of work. Since I send out 40 scouts at lightning speed on Wolfie World it would be next to impossible to monitor the success rates of all scouts. What I do do tho is record the results of every single spin in a spreadsheet which has some nice calculations going on in it all the time. Each 3 hour session is kept in a separate worksheet for future calculations. I see some very wierd trends in most of the sessions and some incredibly unbelievable combinations of spins. I started recording them because I began to suspect that the spins were not exactly coming from a standard random algorithm.
Caliph007

Post by Caliph007 »

Hi. Is anyone else having a problem with the Calendar boxes not reacting to a click from the mouse?
Everything opens and loads normally, the Advent Calendar and unopened boxes show but with no response.
When you hover the mouse over the box there is a change in the shading of the box so it would appear everything is good up until that point.
But clicking produces nothing. This is a new day so it should not be picking up yesterdays activation. ???
nr1stunner

Post by nr1stunner »

Esoteric Paradigm wrote:Not sure about Xmas stashes in other worlds as most of my exp with scouting stashes for wheel spins comes from Wolfie World. I am not sure that the % chance of getting a wheel spin changes with time independent of other factors such as number of stashes scouted. That is way harder to prove without an awful lot of work. Since I send out 40 scouts at lightning speed on Wolfie World it would be next to impossible to monitor the success rates of all scouts. What I do do tho is record the results of every single spin in a spreadsheet which has some nice calculations going on in it all the time. Each 3 hour session is kept in a separate worksheet for future calculations. I see some very wierd trends in most of the sessions and some incredibly unbelievable combinations of spins. I started recording them because I began to suspect that the spins were not exactly coming from a standard random algorithm.
Is it making sense 2 u?
Esoteric Paradigm

nr1stunner wrote:
Esoteric Paradigm wrote:Not sure about Xmas stashes in other worlds as most of my exp with scouting stashes for wheel spins comes from Wolfie World. I am not sure that the % chance of getting a wheel spin changes with time independent of other factors such as number of stashes scouted. That is way harder to prove without an awful lot of work. Since I send out 40 scouts at lightning speed on Wolfie World it would be next to impossible to monitor the success rates of all scouts. What I do do tho is record the results of every single spin in a spreadsheet which has some nice calculations going on in it all the time. Each 3 hour session is kept in a separate worksheet for future calculations. I see some very wierd trends in most of the sessions and some incredibly unbelievable combinations of spins. I started recording them because I began to suspect that the spins were not exactly coming from a standard random algorithm.
Is it making sense 2 u?
Not sure what you mean by "making sense" but if you are referring to my questioning whether or not FF use a standard non- weighted random algorithm then my comment would be that only FF know this and probably will not comment.
nr1stunner

Post by nr1stunner »

yeah
Priest Guardian

Post by Priest Guardian »

Priest Guardian wrote:love the Christmas update and how the advent calendar has a little something extra for those who are will to spend to get it

Since GC release there has been many ways for free to play customers to get free cards not usually available to them. (contests/updates/events)

Well done Firefly :D

Now a plug for myself. I am on Christmas vacation (at home) from Dec 21 to Jan 1. That's a lot of SHK's :lol: I do hope you will be offering a Christmas day crown special 8-)

peaceout, PG

Thanks for the Christmas sale :D will be sure to take advantage as I used 700 cards in last 2 weeks(how is that even possible?)
After you try all the other MMO's , you keep coming back to SHK's

Return to “News & Client Updates”