Kingdoms Anniversary - Daily Quiz!

Important announcements and patch notes will be posted here.
Forum rules
Please do not start any New Topics in this Forum.

This Forum is only to be used for News Posts related to updates and any other topics will be removed.
Prometheus

Re: Kingdoms Anniversary - Daily Quiz!

Post by Prometheus »

I would build my castle on a mountain. More defendable of a castle, and plenty of access to iron ore for producing weapons and armour. Less room for infrastructure, but still enough for the essentials.
Elyan

Post by Elyan »

Mountain, because.
Prinz Stefan

Post by Prinz Stefan »

moat ( flat terraini), its more unlikely to get hit by a lightning
! NOW ! STRONGHOLD KINGDOMS APP !
Papa_Smurf

Post by Papa_Smurf »

... We rejoin our hero a week later his exploits in destroying the castle wall having traveled far and wide

Papa "Well Meatball2k I suppose we better rebuild our castle whilst we have support of the peasants"

Meatball2k "Yes, my lord" , "My lord"

Papa "Stop, don't say it"

Meatball2k "Don't say what?"

Papa "That you have a cunning plan"

Meatball2k "How did you know about that"

Papa mutters "O god", "Ok what is then"

Meatball2k "It seems to me, my lord, that we have 2 options" , " We could build our castle on flat land and protect it with a moat"

Papa interrupting "Yes, you know all about creating moats don't you Meatball2k"

Meatball2k "Er, yes my lord" , "and the other option is to build it in the mountains"

Papa "Ok, so what is your cunning plan"

Meatball2k "Well my lord, we build in the mountains but we also build a moat"

Papa "Meatball2k, That's brilliant. We get all the advantages of a mountain and the advantages of a moat"

... Some weeks later on the top of a mountain

Meatball2k "Right my lord, the castle is finished"

Papa "Good, good" , "Er, Meatball2k where is the moat"

Meatball2k "Down there my lord" pointing down the mountain and out across the plain

Papa "Let me get this straight. You built the castle on the mountain and built the moat down on the plain"

Meatball2k "Yes my lord"

Papa "Why?"

Meatball2k "Well you see my lord, when I tried to fill the moat the water kept draining away. So I thought the only way to stop it was to build it on some nice flat land, then I remember the plain. So I built it there"

Papa "You idiot Meatball2k, how will the moat protect the castle?"

... And so we leave our hero chasing Meatball2k round the castle with a large stick
Sir SKB

Post by Sir SKB »

I would choose neither, because as 'Art of War' mentioned, "you need to first secure your defeat before you can secure your victory".

Reason: Although both terrains can be a good defense against an attack, neither can do good when under sieged for a long period of time(say more than a month). Thus this would give the lord in the castle only one option, which is to go to battle outside the castle(because he would have no other choice). When outside of his own castle, the advantage immediately goes towards the B-besieging army so the chances of victory become very thin.

But If I must must choose between the two then it would be the high castle in the mountains as it gives a lot more advantage compared to moats(real-life-wise not SHK). The suggested second option, which is an already available moat will not only be hard to build a castle within or surrounding it, but also be pretty much useless to build a castle in it because you will have to build your castle according the the available moats surrounding it and not the way you want to build a castle. It is always a good idea to build your castle with a maximum defense and add moats later to enhance the already existing strong castle. So for me to build a castle near the already existing moat would be a big no no no for me.

Coming back to the mountain terrain, there are so much more possibilities that we can apply compared to a moat(which is just a pond that surrounds your castle btw). listing a few of the possible techniques we can use are: (1)gather medium to big rocks(the rounder the better or we could even carve them into balls) and store them for use hence simply releasing them when under attacked(better yet set them on fire): (2) you get the advantage of sight for you can see the troops and patterns of the incoming army but they will not be able to tell or predict what you are doing within the castle: (3) TRAPS, yes traps!!. You pretty much own the incoming army because you can set countless number of traps on the mountainside and even if you are to be forced to take the fight outside your castle, your troops would know exactly where the traps are because they are the ones that put it there. The opposition army have no chance: (4) Tunnels, woo! With a very good engineering team you can plan out tunnels that would go to hundreds of places. You can attack while the army is at rest or you can just use it to spy for the enemy army: (5) Okay this is the last one but know that there are still a lot more. Last but not least, is the natural defense the mountain provide for your army. A stone wall will stop a flying arrow but guess what? rocks and trees on the mountain will do the same job!. You can even rearrange the trees and rocks as you please and plan out every possible scenarios simply because you can! it is your land, and you can do whatever you want to.
Drackula

Post by Drackula »

I would like my castle on top of Everest . How will you get me then?
Comfort

Post by Comfort »

1. Build a castle on a mountain.

2. Fill it with water.

3. Strip naked and bathe.
EmadAdelDesouky_

Post by EmadAdelDesouky_ »

as long as it offer pitch which would make my castle a * for any enemy even if he used captains , they will be burned before even achieving their tactics . Pitch is the most defensive and rough tools to be used in ur castle in that game in my opinion
tryan338

Post by tryan338 »

I would rather have my castle be on a mountain, so I could make a one-way entrance and light the path with pitch when the enemy arrived at my castle. Also, It would be really hard for a battering ram to be pushed up the side of the mountain! Also, I could place logs on the walls and roll them down the hill at the enemy. And, it would be harder for catapults to find solid ground.

Username: tryan338
master_crinas

Post by master_crinas »

in the forester , so we can hide in the woods when the enemy attacks the old and the sick in the city , and then we suprise them HELLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Return to “News & Client Updates”