Kingdoms Anniversary - Daily Quiz!

Important announcements and patch notes will be posted here.
Forum rules
Please do not start any New Topics in this Forum.

This Forum is only to be used for News Posts related to updates and any other topics will be removed.
Sir SKB

Re: Kingdoms Anniversary - Daily Quiz!

Post by Sir SKB »

The quick attack would be the best option here.

What I would do is send in a few spies(maybe 5 or so), months before my actual army arrives and once they arrive we will signal the spies to kill off as many garrison commanders as they can and once the troops lose their commander they will lose moral. I will shortly lay the attack as soon as possible(within a few hours of the assassination) with 80% of the troops to attack at the front gate while the other 20% wait quietly behind the rear to ambush whoever flee or comes out.

Disease is the last thing you want as it may kill off the entire populous of the opposition nation, the outcome is vague and unpredictable hence your lost is uncertain. Remember, disease does not have a side as it will spread and spread to both sides. Plus the castle will be useless once a plague hit it. Food and shelter for your army will be gone thus even in victory you will still be in defeat.
Drackula

Post by Drackula »

Wait Wait Wait. Starve them until they are dizzy. After get some strippers and pole dancers around the castle and wait for soldiers to jump from towers.
GRAMION

Post by GRAMION »

Well i would wait for them to starve and spread diseases beacuse i dont want my men getting sick and also planing a siege takes time,money and men
Lord-Venee

Post by Lord-Venee »

if my soldiers is more and the castle have weak points will make quick siege but if the soldiers are 50-50% i will wait and will stop supply from local villages of food and water will destroy the river to the castle and will make them to surrender
I'm number one,two is not a winner and three nobody remembers...
Prometheus

Post by Prometheus »

When laying seige to my enemy's castle, my initial plan of attack would be to take it over quickly, by having a few spies inside the enemy castle light a few fires as a diversion. Then in the dark of night have some troops scale the walls and fight to open the gatehouse so my troops can pour in!
If all else fails, then I would cut off enemy supply trains and settle in for a long seige.
Papa_Smurf

Post by Papa_Smurf »

... Today sees our hero sitting pretty in his new castle on the top of the mountain.

Papa "Meatball2k, I bored"

Meatball2k "Well my lord we could play a game"

Papa "Good idea" , "You go stand over there and be the target whilst I practice my archery"

... A short while later

Papa "Did I hit you?"

Meatball2k ""Not to worry, my Lord. The arrow didn't in fact, enter my body. No. By a thousand to one chance, my willy got in the way."

Papa "O Good" , "I'm still bored, got anything else we could do"

Meatball2k "Well my lord, we could attack the castle in the new parish"

Papa "That sounds good, lets go"

... 2 days later Papa is looking at the castle

Papa "Well Meatball2k, I can see we have 2 options to take this castle we could take it quickly or we could lay siege and starve them out"

Papa "I don't fancy waiting around for a long time to starve them out and since you broke the time machine Meatball2k we can't bring the walls down either. It looks like this whole thing was a waste of time

Meatball2k "Wait my lord, do not despair. For I have a cunning plan."

Papa "Can I say I'm not optimistic Meatball2k"

Meatball2k "To be quite frank my lord, neither am I. My family have never been very good at plans"

Papa "So. With suitably low expectations, what is your plan to take the castle?"

Meatball2k "Well my lord we could find a mad cow and leave at the gate for the enemy to find. They would then eat the cow and all go mad."

Papa "Excellent plan, Meatball2k, with perhaps one slight modification instead of the cow, we will fire a pair of your underpants over the wall as that will infect them with some horrible disease and they will die quicker.

... 10 mimutes later Meatball2k fires his underpants into the castle

... 5 minutes later Papa hears screams of despair coming from the castle

... So we leave our hero waiting for the full effect of Meatball2k underpants to take effect
Archangel_112

Post by Archangel_112 »

Well my Lord,

it is easier to take over a castle in a few hours instead of surounding the castle and wait wait wait...

Look at your own costs first. You need a lot of food to take care of your army. With a grumbling stomach nobody will fight. To wait means, that you have to pay your soldiers for that time. It is not efficient - so please do it as fast as possible...someone will lose his life, but your Kingdom will respect you for your glorious strategy.

Well done Sire.
Deathmarcher

Post by Deathmarcher »

It depends on too many things to give a simple answer. If its a well defended fortress, it would be wiser to starve them, but it would be best to take a simple castle in a quick siege as it may be less costly than upkeeping a long siege. But in reality I would need more information on the subject as it depends on the urgency you need the castle taken, the enemy troop count, their counter siege weapons, their stored food, the strategical value of the castle, my own economy, the seasons (Its harder to siege a castle in winter and you may need the men on the farms in fall for harvesting the crops) and there are many more variables which I cant remember at the moment and Im kind of lazy. :P Altogether I would PREFER a quick siege because its less moral to make people starve to death. :)
master_crinas

Post by master_crinas »

first i would make a big wall around the city and then flooded with water , and see who could swim . and then trow apples at the survivers
dragon3877

Post by dragon3877 »

id go head first, charging in! its a siege, an army, and war. its human nature, might as well be glorious. better death by the sword than by the rat.

Return to “News & Client Updates”