Kingdoms Anniversary - Daily Quiz!

Important announcements and patch notes will be posted here.
Forum rules
Please do not start any New Topics in this Forum.

This Forum is only to be used for News Posts related to updates and any other topics will be removed.
Lady Magnanimus

Kingdoms Anniversary - Daily Quiz!

Post by Lady Magnanimus »

Happy Birthday Stronghold Kingdoms!

We're celebrating the 5th anniversary of Stronghold Kingdoms with daily chances for you to win valuable card pack bundles! Additionally to various competitions on our Facebook page, we'll post a daily question for you to answer as expertly as possible right here in the forum - for the next five days!

Once we post our question, you will have 24 hours to submit your answer by replying to the question thread. Each day, five of the most knowledgeable, witty and creative answers will be selected and awarded with card packs!

Are you ready?

Question of the day (Friday): Would you rather build your castle on a mountain or an area of flat terrain surrounded by a moat? Why?
De Henk

Re: Kingdoms Anniversary - Daily Quiz!

Post by De Henk »

Moat. I like fish.
Hakedof

Post by Hakedof »

rather mountains as moats are too easy to dig through using captain tactics
Lord-Venee

Post by Lord-Venee »

I will build my castle over the mountain, because will be hard to come close to my walls, i will make some tunnel in the mountain to can escape if is necessary, i will attach trees and stone to the walls to reach the enemy troops from high, and will strenght tha gate with catapults, ballista and alot of oil in this way i will can focus moust of my soldier on the gate cuz the enemy will strike only from there. I dont pick up the moat cuz have many ways and siege techniques for overcome of the moat.
I'm number one,two is not a winner and three nobody remembers...
richardleethe five

Post by richardleethe five »

i would use the highland , you cant dig it away its there . its a strong spot to defend your keep ....richardleethe five :lol:
Lord Jon Cornu

Post by Lord Jon Cornu »

Always liked my castles up-high, you have an inmense advantage both in arrow-fire and getting the enemy troops tired marching uphill (they are also much much slower!). They tend to have less vulnerable spots, like some sides you can't really enter, so it's always much easier to defend.

Besides, if the path uphill is narrow enough, you can throw big logs, rocks or whatever rolling downhill to score big losses for the enemy :D

You could also throw weasel turds to them, if you're into that kind of thing :lol:
Lord JVC

Post by Lord JVC »

I would build it on a mountain thats clear.
Catapults cant fire that high and there are no tribuchets in shk yet to counter that. also defending from a higher place is easier for your archers as they shoot much farer and can kill the attackers much easier. You can also use your oil and pitch easier and can defended a mountain castle probably with 100 troops against thousands as they will never even reach you up there;)

Another factor is that moat will freeze in winter and enemies got an easy way to your castle then. so yeah mountains or even hills are quite nice to build a castle on and rule over the whole SHK world;)

Ingame name JVC.com
anicca

Post by anicca »

Definitely a mountain. You can fill a moat but good luck moving the mountain, come at me bro.
Gunn_Attila

Post by Gunn_Attila »

На горе окружённой равниной.
А за равниной ров наполненный водой.)))
legolas38

Post by legolas38 »

en güzel köy dağlık arazidir. zift ,demir,odun,taş üretimi süperdir. bu malzemelerin üretimi süper olduğu için kale yapmada sıkıntı çekilmez. kalenizi isterseniz yağ çanakları, isterseniz demir tuzaklarla doldurabilirsiniz. çünkü köyünüzde bol bol bu malzemelerin üretimi vardır.ayrıca kale dağlık arazi olduğu için okçuların menzili daha uzundur. (kurt serverından biliyorum:) ) tek eksiği 3 çeşit yiyecek var. popularite biraz düşük oluyor. olsun. popularitenin de 150 olmasına gerek yok. 100-110 olsun yeter. ayrıca demir ve odun üretimi iyi olduğu için askeri malzeme üretme işi de süper olur. istersen 4 çeşit ziyafet malzemesi üret.
yani işin kısacası dağlık arazi köyü benim için en süper köydür.

legolas38

Return to “News & Client Updates”