Offline castle & troop management

New PvE based game world. This Forum has Now been closed following the worlds closure.
Esoteric Paradigm

Offline castle & troop management

Post by Esoteric Paradigm »

We need some sort of castle and troop management system for when we are offline. Something that does what we do - repair castle, restore infrastructure, disable all industries, make arhcers, enable all industries, restore troops.
Maybe part of the premium token benefits.
Unless we get something like that soon, the world may be rather empty of players who simply will burn out and need a break.
Most online games can be left for a few hours and your character is safely logged off.
This world in particular is not very real world friendly to say the least.
In my travels around England I am constantly coming across parishes that are empty of players but have lots of parish buildings built and upgraded. Some poor person has put a lot of effort in and then given up and wisely chosen to spend more time with the kids, work or maybe just a little more sleep and whamo village is gone and so is the player.
Killthewabbit

Re: Offline castle & troop management

Post by Killthewabbit »

Esoteric Paradigm wrote:We need some sort of castle and troop management system for when we are offline. Something that does what we do - repair castle, restore infrastructure, disable all industries, make arhcers, enable all industries, restore troops.
Maybe part of the premium token benefits.
Unless we get something like that soon, the world may be rather empty of players who simply will burn out and need a break.
Most online games can be left for a few hours and your character is safely logged off.
This world in particular is not very real world friendly to say the least.
In my travels around England I am constantly coming across parishes that are empty of players but have lots of parish buildings built and upgraded. Some poor person has put a lot of effort in and then given up and wisely chosen to spend more time with the kids, work or maybe just a little more sleep and whamo village is gone and so is the player.
What you want a bot to play the game? Come on man, if your not actively logging and checking your walls on this world you need to be removed, for this world you have to be active, unlike other worlds where you can go weeks with out playing and come back to few wholes in your walls and maybe a few buildings that have been removed...

This wolfs revenge is only thing killing this world from becoming stale and boring. They hitting the area hard that had no IA and at a lvl of the average of people in the area, to point that looks when this world was young, only issues is that your only getting one type, Wolf, pig, ect. which will mean when county get flipped and there vote holder gets reset, you have to clear out the whole county, not just the selected parishes to flip the county.

We came back from almost a million glory points behind, I think we can come back from this, but for the love god, no bots. Maybe new cards that let do the effects of desperate defenses over a set amount of time, or a card that replace troop, but very limited times no longer then 8 hours.
Esoteric Paradigm

Bot? What the heck are you talking about lol.
Sure some of us have lots of time to spend to defend our work and for me to lose a castle is nothing much but an hour's work or less, but for many it is just not possible to play as I do so I was speaking for them.
If you like to play in a world with wolves, pigs, rats and just a handful of humans then just disregard what I am suggesting - maybe laugh and be smart and cynical too while you are at it - smugness works too.

What I said is quite valid whether you think so or not and has nothing to do with bots - you could call the ability to "restore infrastructure" a bot too if we want to go down that path :)
Killthewabbit

Post by Killthewabbit »

Esoteric Paradigm wrote:We need some sort of castle and troop management system for when we are offline. Something that does what we do - repair castle, restore infrastructure, disable all industries, make arhcers, enable all industries, restore troops.
This above request, "something that does what we do...ect", is what a bot does. What your asking for is a bot that play your account while your offline form this server. Do you not understand that? What your asking for can be majorly abused, especially if part of 30 day token.

Think about, if part of the 30 day time, where you don't need to be active, where your get repaired, castle rebuilt after damage, troops replaced, troops remand, buildings turned off and on when needed... All you have to do then, is get prince, research your village slots. cap to make villages lots into neg hounor, build castle up and put down building then log of play another server until your back into positive side of honour or up to month later... you wouldn't really need to log in after that.. we could have people who just log into this world to hold area, that don't even play world, expect for when time is up to play another token... Next we should be allowing each player to have multiple accounts too... would this world be fun if that was allowed too?
Strygald

Post by Strygald »

Maybe we just need Interdiction that stops all attacks so you can actually go offline to sleep and work and not worry about your castle being so wrecked that it's easy pickings when the id runs out - if keeping the double cost then increase duration to 8 hours per monk since ppl usually sleep and work in blocks of 8 hours, also abusers might think twice about starting and stopping it repeatedly with the double cost while ppl legitimately needing to be in RL have a decent amount of protection time.
Esoteric Paradigm

Killthewabbit wrote:
This above request, "something that does what we do...ect", is what a bot does. What your asking for is a bot that play your account while your offline form this server. Do you not understand that? What your asking for can be majorly abused, especially if part of 30 day token.

Think about, if part of the 30 day time, where you don't need to be active, where your get repaired, castle rebuilt after damage, troops replaced, troops remand, buildings turned off and on when needed... All you have to do then, is get prince, research your village slots. cap to make villages lots into neg hounor, build castle up and put down building then log of play another server until your back into positive side of honour or up to month later... you wouldn't really need to log in after that.. we could have people who just log into this world to hold area, that don't even play world, expect for when time is up to play another token... Next we should be allowing each player to have multiple accounts too... would this world be fun if that was allowed too?
Well thanks for such encouraging comments - now I can rest assured with you at the helm that we can all have a real life too lol.
I hope you enjoy playing whatever is left of this world in a few weeks with your few tough and mighty friends who can withstand anything the AI throws at them - all power to you.
Don't worry about all the rest of the players after all we wouldn't want any help that could be "abused" lol
Soon all you will have in your pretty little wolf aorld is a few diehards and some would be newbies and a few that have no real life.\
Killthewabbit

Post by Killthewabbit »

Strygald wrote:Maybe we just need Interdiction that stops all attacks so you can actually go offline to sleep and work and not worry about your castle being so wrecked that it's easy pickings when the id runs out - if keeping the double cost then increase duration to 8 hours per monk since ppl usually sleep and work in blocks of 8 hours, also abusers might think twice about starting and stopping it repeatedly with the double cost while ppl legitimately needing to be in RL have a decent amount of protection time.
well strygald, that merely a stop gap fix. Those who started late or low in rank, haven't completed the quest or research that will allow them a stockpile of faith. Even those who all the faith buildings, parish church maxed in every parish, you only generate enough faith to ID each village for 4 hours every 24 hours, you'll run out of faith really fast, unless you get lucky and get teir 5 wheel spins and then lucky enough to get the faith reward.

your right, it would be nice if ID worked against all attacks, but just stopping captain attacks form villages make it worth it. If they fixed it so it works against invasion captains too, it would solve a lot of issues with people losing villages when they need a break form the game, though also keep people form Iding up a single village permanently as well, which is why I think they added the double cost and made it so it only stop captain attacks and attack form other players.

A long term fix to this issue would be to allow diplomacy to work against captain attacks as well. even if it only procks once every in every 10 captains attacks, would be wonders.
Killthewabbit

Post by Killthewabbit »

Esoteric Paradigm wrote: Well thanks for such encouraging comments - now I can rest assured with you at the helm that we can all have a real life too lol.
I hope you enjoy playing whatever is left of this world in a few weeks with your few tough and mighty friends who can withstand anything the AI throws at them - all power to you.
Don't worry about all the rest of the players after all we wouldn't want any help that could be "abused" lol
Soon all you will have in your pretty little wolf aorld is a few diehards and some would be newbies and a few that have no real life.\
I don't quite understand the issues people are having, ya the attacks suck. maybe due to where my villages are located in warwickshire that I come us to having 1-2 waves of 1-5 captains from wolfs or pigs hit each of my villages each day, with normal pillages and ransacks as well... I realize the "safe area" where the AI had been removed or limited to a few parishes here and there, attacks where rare if any... I learned to adapt to this server and even get 8-10 hours a sleep a night. It not difficult if you learn how to hand it. i think figured out the pattern in the area and realize when I'm like to get attacked and not... If your not use to it, become soft and can't take it.

There are things they can do to make it easier and more fun, but you also need to expect that there will be challenges to that make the game, at time hard, otherwise it will be come boring and dull...
Esoteric Paradigm

Killthewabbit wrote:
Esoteric Paradigm wrote: Well thanks for such encouraging comments - now I can rest assured with you at the helm that we can all have a real life too lol.
I don't quite understand the issues people are having, ya the attacks suck. maybe due to where my villages are located in warwickshire that I come us to having 1-2 waves of 1-5 captains from wolfs or pigs hit each of my villages each day, with normal pillages and ransacks as well... I realize the "safe area" where the AI had been removed or limited to a few parishes here and there, attacks where rare if any... I learned to adapt to this server and even get 8-10 hours a sleep a night. It not difficult if you learn how to hand it. i think figured out the pattern in the area and realize when I'm like to get attacked and not... If your not use to it, become soft and can't take it.

There are things they can do to make it easier and more fun, but you also need to expect that there will be challenges to that make the game, at time hard, otherwise it will be come boring and dull...

Personally , if I forget everyone else and their problems with the AI, I am quite happy with the game the way it is.
I have to forget about everyone else's problems and just have my own fun.
I have learnt to live with the wolf and sometimes I might lose a castle but it is nothing to make a new one.
Maybe the people with so many problems that I hear are just trying to farm etc like they do in other worlds and can't adapt to this type of world.
Also - imho some of my comments seem a bit acid- sorry about that, I will try to tone it down a bit.
Esoteric Paradigm

Viking John Jr wrote:What we needed was Interdiction to work so people could go away for a few days ,, yes most players should be able to log on twice a day to repair and replace troops as well as play their defnece cards, but when your out of town for a few days and cant do this , you should not be punished for it.

I was fine with not being able to scout from interdicted villages , I can send in what is needed and still have a full castle and 400 troops in less then 2 hours using cards when I take a new village ,,,,,, What I will not do is Card up a new castle because I need to be out of town for a few days and cant get online to play my defence cards and repair. I played this game 10-16+ hours a day most days and WAS one of the most active players, but have decided that it has become a waste of time and money. This game reminds me of the Joke " If pete and repete are sitting on the fence and pete fell off who's left? " ..... Point is I will card a castle up once , but if I have to do it every time I go away for a few days then this game is nothing but a joke.

I didn't even mind spending 1500 card points removing 13 Pig villages from Parish's but I will not spend the card points rebuilding castles that should not need repaired because they will not allow us to ID for a few days while out of town.

I have given up on this game and Quit all worlds .. 40 villages up for grabs on world 1 , already gave away all parish 's
Sorry to hear you are leaving - off course the "tough" guys will just say good riddance to wimpy players. The dissapointing thing is the complete lack of comunication from Firefly about this problem.
For me, I have a different way around the problem so it doesn't affect me so much personally.
More people need to vent here so that Firefly can see a problem since they must have left their reading glasses behind.

Return to “Rise of The Wolf”