Scrap Houses and replace with something like this...

New PvE based game world. This Forum has Now been closed following the worlds closure.
Strygald

Scrap Houses and replace with something like this...

Post by Strygald »

The House system was designed with PvP in mind and just doesn't work on this PvE server.

Scrap the House system and replace with something like this:

- All players belong to one house.

- the AI belongs to one house.

If the player house wins a glory round then ALL players obtain a reward, however the reward each receives is based on their 'performance' measured in 'personal glory points'

Parish Steward x glory points
County Sheriff x glory points
Province Governor x glory points
Country King x glory points

Rat village kill x glory points
Snake village kill x glory points
Pig village kill x glory points
Wolf village kill x glory points

there could be plenty of other ways to accrue personal glory points that i can't think of right now..

With the correct balancing of this idea someone who is active and kills plenty of Wolf castles can easily get a better reward over someone who just sits on the sheriff capital killing rat villages..
kroganelite

Re: Scrap Houses and replace with something like this...

Post by kroganelite »

I support this idea. :)
Strygald

Post by Strygald »

Arakus1 wrote:I already can hear the whining like "All prices go to card players, without carding you have no chance, etc. mimimi..." when FF would use your suggestion.
I don't think that would be a problem because: the server is becoming less populated over time, if the other worlds are any indication then we could see a population of 4000-5000 soon enough(since i started on this server a couple weeks ago the population already dropped from 9500 to 8500). What that means is that there will be plenty of AI villages to go round for everyone, carders and non-carders... so basically any and all players can get the reward they want if they put the effort into getting it.

This would motivate 'smaller' players into putting more effort into fighting back the AI instead of shrugging and saying "oh well, only the sheriff will get the reward again, why should i bother killing those hard AI villages?".

Providing this kind of motivation for all players on the server may even help with player retention.
Esoteric Paradigm

Post by Esoteric Paradigm »

Strygald wrote:
Arakus1 wrote:I already can hear the whining like "All prices go to card players, without carding you have no chance, etc. mimimi..." when FF would use your suggestion.
I don't think that would be a problem because: the server is becoming less populated over time, if the other worlds are any indication then we could see a population of 4000-5000 soon enough(since i started on this server a couple weeks ago the population already dropped from 9500 to 8500). What that means is that there will be plenty of AI villages to go round for everyone, carders and non-carders... so basically any and all players can get the reward they want if they put the effort into getting it.

This would motivate 'smaller' players into putting more effort into fighting back the AI instead of shrugging and saying "oh well, only the sheriff will get the reward again, why should i bother killing those hard AI villages?".

Providing this kind of motivation for all players on the server may even help with player retention.
I agree - the whole house and glory race system in this world is stupid. Everyone knows who will win the next round already and the elite know who will win the round after that. Scrap the house system totally for this world!
Esoteric Paradigm

Everyone should get something based on their input or none for anyone. Enough of this rewarding for the select ones. Enough already. Scrap the stupid house and faction system with their controlling elites.
Unknownhost

Post by Unknownhost »

might have something to this.

at the very least. maybe third age rules for house sizes and faction counts? then there is effectively room for all majorly active players if not the entire server. also this method leaves plenty of room for players who do not aggree with whatever alliance to go their own way and do things otherwise.
Esoteric Paradigm

Unknownhost wrote:might have something to this.

at the very least. maybe third age rules for house sizes and faction counts? then there is effectively room for all majorly active players if not the entire server. also this method leaves plenty of room for players who do not aggree with whatever alliance to go their own way and do things otherwise.
that's not a bad idea actually
Lord Alacrity

Post by Lord Alacrity »

We've been discussing this internally as well. Some interesting suggestions in this thread, please keep them coming! :)
Esoteric Paradigm

Lord Alacrity wrote:We've been discussing this internally as well. Some interesting suggestions in this thread, please keep them coming! :)
That's a relief. Wasn't sure what FF thought of all these comments. Sometimes we might sound a bit negative but there is a lot of pressure in this world and we do want a tough AI for sure. Just trying to balance real life is hard and many good players have dropped out. Not sure how to make a very tough AI, allow players to sleep and work and still enjoy the world. And as in this thread the house and faction system, glory rewards etc are proably not the best atm. It is a beta world and I am glad that Firefly is working behind the scenes and listening to the players to perfect the new AI type world.
Mixto

Post by Mixto »

No more new ideas plz, how about they make the game work whitout the errors and when they are done whit that then new ideas can be worked on.

Return to “Rise of The Wolf”