SHK Mac Version - Coming Soon

Important announcements and patch notes will be posted here.
Forum rules
Please do not start any New Topics in this Forum.

This Forum is only to be used for News Posts related to updates and any other topics will be removed.
Lord Friendly

SHK Mac Version - Coming Soon

Post by Lord Friendly »

We have truly exciting news, Sire! The Lords of our domain have just announced that Stronghold Kingdoms will be available for Mac on January 13th 2015. Aside from being the first game of its kind on the Mac App Store this is important news for all across the Kingdom, as Mac players will be able to fight with or against PC Lords through cross platform play on day one! Making the various worlds of Stronghold Kingdoms available to Mac players opens the flood gates to new armies and fresh-faced generals, all seeking an opportunity to challenge the status quo and battle alongside their PC brethren against mutual enemies. Come January 13th PC players will want to forge new alliances, win Mac players over to their cause and unite the two platform bringing forth the finest strategists in the Kingdom!

To celebrate this future launch of the Mac version, we are currently running a competition to win 150 prizes via Facebook. This ends on the 11th of January at 10.00am GMT - https://www.facebook.com/strongholdkingdoms
HappyHour224

Re: SHK Mac Version - Coming Soon

Post by HappyHour224 »

hey this is pretty good news

and lol at the guy who comes up with these middle-age style announcements XD

btw anyone know what sized development team SHK has? wonder how fast the app-versions will be available? (i assume they will be working on those next)
PsychoticUK

Post by PsychoticUK »

HappyHour224 wrote:hey this is pretty good news

and lol at the guy who comes up with these middle-age style announcements XD

btw anyone know what sized development team SHK has? wonder how fast the app-versions will be available? (i assume they will be working on those next)
Yes, it will bring in a whole new group of players, wonder how things will change.

According to Wiki, they have 26 employees total, unsure about the size of SHK team.
Priest Guardian

Post by Priest Guardian »

Excellent :D Good job FF

Now I can buy that I-Mac I was wishing I had a game to play on
After you try all the other MMO's , you keep coming back to SHK's
gabykorupt

Post by gabykorupt »

There is not any betas or something because i'm tired using parallels, this are some amazing news!

EDIT: THERE IS ALEARDY ON APPSTORE! GREAT JOB!!!!

REEDIT: Get stuck at login menu... :(
President Snow

Post by President Snow »

I have downloaded it, Its allright although it reminds me of the beta version on the PC :P Its rather buggy and some aspects are pixelated and I have found that some functions also crash :) Ill keep using the PC version until my pc finally decides to break :)
disco_stu

Post by disco_stu »

i downloaded app it but it didn't work. i get no response when login screen startet. anyone else with this problem?
gabykorupt

Post by gabykorupt »

disco_stu wrote:i downloaded app it but it didn't work. i get no response when login screen startet. anyone else with this problem?
Yes, I have the same problem, i was so happy about this release... :(
Lord Friendly

Post by Lord Friendly »

We're a little confused about the Mac issues at the moment. We want to look into the issue and resolve it asap. If you guys could help us out and send in a screenshot of the SHK screen with the error showing, along with some details of your Mac OS name and version number, along with machine details. This information can be found within the Apple icon in the top left of the screen and then by clicking on 'About this Mac' and note (or send a screenshot) the details. The 'Storage' and 'Memory' tabs would also be useful to let us know about.

Also the virus checker, which type is it and the version number and have you tried allowing 'Stronghold Kingdoms' or disabling the virus checker for 10 minutes while running SHK ?

The SHK account you are using, is it an existing SHK account or have you creating an account from scratch ?

Please send the details into SHK Support -
https://support.strongholdkingdoms.com
or
support@strongholdkingdoms.com
Sowiks

Post by Sowiks »

Now the client stops responding when you trying to connect to the server. The last sreen is "Retrieving Data From Server" screen.

Return to “News & Client Updates”