Merchant cancellation?

All discussion related to activity in World 2 should be posted here.
Basherj

Merchant cancellation?

Post by Basherj »

Hi there!

I'm pretty dang new to this game but one thing that irks me a lot already is the fact that there is no confirmation for merchants to go out, kind of, but mostly there is no cancellation for merchants! I accidentally buy something so I have to say goodbye to that gold and that merchant for X amount of time when it was just a simple misclick. Any word on this being updated?
Thanks.
Lord Darko900

Re: Merchant cancellation?

Post by Lord Darko900 »

it has been asked many times but the answer is no we won't get Merchant cancellation
Yoooooooooo
Basherj

Post by Basherj »

First of all, thank you for the reply! :D

Any specifics as to why? It seems dumb if it's "just because" without any reasoning why.
Voltair

Post by Voltair »

This has been asked for many times as already stated but if you want the view of this from an Admin/developer, then this is a quote from a forum thread which I will link
Merepatra wrote:This idea has been suggested countless times through the alphas but it won't be implemented with the current trade system because of how the market system works. The price for goods is dependent on how much stock is in the market, if you could cancel trade carts it would lead to huge exploits where players would be able to sell a lot of stuff and push the price right down then buy it at the low price then cancel the selling carts. So to avoid this exploit the choice really is between
1 - not being able to recall carts but knowing the real price I will get/pay for goods before I send my carts and
2 - being able to recall carts but not knowing the real price until my carts make the long trip there and then being stuck with whatever it is.

I know I would rather have option 1 and the designers appear to agree.
Link: http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com/vie ... =96&t=9729
Basherj

Post by Basherj »

Hm. I see what is being said, and I suppose that, yeah it's the best option right now. I guess I will have to stop being such a goober and accidentally buying stuff -.-

Return to “World 2 Lounge”