Winter Update 2014

Important announcements and patch notes will be posted here.
Forum rules
Please do not start any New Topics in this Forum.

This Forum is only to be used for News Posts related to updates and any other topics will be removed.
Lord Diligent

Winter Update 2014

Post by Lord Diligent »

Firefly Studios wrote:Released: 1st December 2014
Version Number: 2.0.24.1
Appr. Size: MB
Update Contents

This year Christmas arrives early in Stronghold Kingdoms, with new festive Resource Stashes in-game, snow and an all-new advent calendar featuring more prizes than ever before. Log in every day until 25/12/14 for your chance to win Card Packs, Wheel Spins and a set of five limited edition super charges!

Advent Calendar

We’re sending 2014 off in style with a new and improved Christmas Giveaway, now in the form of a classic advent calendar. As a symbol of our thanks for your years of support and feedback on the future of Stronghold Kingdoms, we have made all Card Packs, Premium Tokens and new limited edition shield designs winnable in this new edition of our yearly giveaway. The Kingdoms advent calendar is now live and runs until its last day on December 25th, when all players who log in and open a door are guaranteed a prize. To take part all you need to do is:

1. Log into Stronghold Kingdoms once a day.
2. Click on one of nine advent calendar doors.
3. Click on a second door if you don’t win the first time.
4. Come back the next day for another chance to win!
5. Enjoy your spoils ranging from random prizes to a guaranteed limited edition ‘Super Charge’ shield design for every five days you login.

New Scout Stashes Image

Winter has come to the worlds of Stronghold Kingdoms, with new Christmas-themed Resource Stashes that each give players a chance to win a Wheel Spin! After they are uncovered these presents revert to regular Resource Stashes which can be scouted a second time for Wood, Stone and other basic resources. Log in now and you will see a blanket of snow covering the entire world map, festive trees, animated snowfall and, most important of all, those new festive Resource Stashes! Only the first player to scout each new Stash has a chance to win the aforementioned Wheel Spin, rewarding them for their speed and perception. So keep your eyes peeled and any scouting cards at the ready!

ImageStamps and Super Charges Image

A new twist on the Christmas Giveaway, these limited-run ‘Super Charge’ coat of arms designs have been made available for one month only. Featuring images of a proud farmer, armed peasant and three other designs that we won’t spoil for you, these Super Charges are complete shield designs that can be placed like a regular Charge. The key difference is that they are limited edition, custom made with a slightly different art style and a higher level of detail.

All you have to do is log in once a day and open doors in the advent calendar until you either win something or run out of tries, at which point you will be awarded with a stamp. Collect five stamps and you will be awarded a Super Charge, with a total of five unique designs to collect. Turn up every day, win them all and proudly display your unique charge in-game for all to see.

Log in now and claim your advent calendar door, stamp and Wheel Spins from the new in-game Scout stashes. These will remain active until December 26th 2014, with a guaranteed prize in the Kingdoms advent calendar on Christmas Day! Please note that the in-game snow is purely cosmetic, as such it will not affect gameplay. It can also be turned off in the game settings, just in case you get too cold.
Image Happy Holidays! Image
Lord Darko900

Re: Winter Update 2014

Post by Lord Darko900 »

so from what i understood if you get that coat of arm super charge the proud farmer that yellow guy in the picture i guess is it for 1 month only ??

and i have seen other people with that shield ( the yellow guy in the picture ) before how they got it ?
Yoooooooooo
WRP_Beater

Post by WRP_Beater »

Steam community market.
Regards,
WRP_Beater
Holmes

Post by Holmes »

I only got wheel spins on the first 15 presents I picked up, after that, all I'm getting is the usuall honor bonus.
Is there a max of presents that can be picked up for wheel spins?
I've also noticed that when the menu comes up with the wheel spins, there are several tiers, and one that says "quest".
What is this quest?
lhesherl

Post by lhesherl »

Great update guys :)
DontBeaWuss

Post by DontBeaWuss »

@Holmes - the Quest wheel comes into play when you've completed a Quest that has a wheel spin as a prize.
Sir Bob

Post by Sir Bob »

On the first day all the presents seemed to give wheel spins now they dont
do you have to uncover a set number before you get a wheel spin ?? is it just pot luck?? or is it broken??
NetStalker

Post by NetStalker »

Sir Bob wrote:On the first day all the presents seemed to give wheel spins now they dont
do you have to uncover a set number before you get a wheel spin ?? is it just pot luck?? or is it broken??
found the answer in another post...so deleted what I just wrote.

NS
Priest Guardian

Post by Priest Guardian »

o.k , those little presents are just too irresistible to not send scouts out too
After you try all the other MMO's , you keep coming back to SHK's
Clasher2

Post by Clasher2 »

not sure if firefly will see this or not but i was thinking about something that could be added or something that would be nice if it was added. if possible make it possible to do multi quest at once, i know this would cause conflict with the number of quest that are available for the game, but endless quest could be also placed in the game, for example the wolf quest make it so for every 20 wolf lairs cleared you get something, doesnt have to be alot of reward but it would help keep worlds from becoming dead or slow. ect. thank you for your time firefly an for a great game

Return to “News & Client Updates”