Archer range

If there’s anything you’d like to contribute to the Stronghold Kingdoms Wiki you can let us know here.
J0205

Archer range

Post by J0205 »

I know that on the ground an archer's range is 13
and on a great tower is a little more than twice that at 28
(If a single troop or stone wall is counted as a unit of 1 and the unit being attacked is considered inside the range while the attacking unit itself is not counted)

I think this would fit nicely into the wiki, but I do not know what the range is on all the different types of towers or on stone walls, clearly it would be between the two values I indicated, but as to the exact I have not yet found
-J
WRP_Beater

Re: Archer range

Post by WRP_Beater »

I think somebody stated the exact values somewhere. It was also different for archers standing on walls rather than on towers.
Regards,
WRP_Beater
J0205

Post by J0205 »

I just noticed it was something that could be found without too much difficulty
(not like trying to time how long it takes for a pike to take down a stone wall)
and was absent from the wiki so I figured it would be a good addition
I also forgot that there are wooden towers, also don't know what the value for those would be
-J
WRP_Beater

Post by WRP_Beater »

I believe the value for the wooden towers is the same as that of stone walls, not sure though.
Regards,
WRP_Beater
J0205

Post by J0205 »

I guess we would have to find that place you mentioned earlier with all the values, that or build a castle for the specific purpose of finding what each range is
one of those options sounds much easier than the other :lol:
only way I ever used it was to shelter my archers from AI, and even then that doesn't do much against players so not too much application, just a fun fact, but then again, probably more useful to know on the attack than on the defense
-J
J0205

Post by J0205 »

Nice!
That's more than I would have been able to get, especially with the ballista
bombard range the wiki already has, and then keep turret range is shown with the white box, but if you notice not all the turrets fire if the unit is too far away
I guess the only thing left then is for someone to decide to add this to the wiki
-J

Return to “Stronghold Kingdoms Wiki”