Rogues rogues and more rogues........

All discussion related to activity in World 2 should be posted here.
Bretth

Rogues rogues and more rogues........

Post by Bretth »

Today I have been attacked by 3 'rogue' players for other worlds, many of my friends...... and enemies have been attacked in the last few weeks. Some have been reset as they were not online and will never return to the game now.

I saw a sheriff of a county that has played for 3+ years get almost a total reset 4 days ago by a player just having some fun....... The sick part was the player offered to sell him back his villages if he paid him a fairly big sum of cash with paypal....... That is just one example of what these thugs are doing to our worlds and they are not even players that play our world and people are leaving the game in droves because of it, why stay if you lost everything and didn't even see it comming.

People that have played for a very long time and built villages/castles and forged alliances, just reset in a pfff because someone was angry at the world/game or just board with SHK's.

This should be harder to do, it should be harder to pop up in a parish, take it over and start blasting away. Getting reset in war is one thing but getting reset as one rogue told me told me today ' because I am board with this game' is just not right.

I think everyone would agree that it is not a fair game mechanic, if you are not online you are reset, how is that fair. Give people a fighting chance at least like in the real wars we have.
Bretth

Re: Rogues rogues and more rogues........

Post by Bretth »

DavidSpy wrote:Hello Bretth,

Players are not allowed to demand real life currency in exchange for in-game goods. If a player is holding you or your villages for ransom you need to report the mail by clicking the 'report this mail' button and filling out a summary of the incident.
It was reported by the player and I am not sure of the out come but I think the player was banned for it. Some of the banned players friends from W1 popped up on W2 2 days ago and are just creating havok now. It is just mindless destruction, anyone and any village is a target.

This is just one example we have had this for weeks now, people leaving the game and popping in for one parting shot.

Yes we had problems with rogue players before but they were 'home grown' rogues, natives to W2 with there legitimate or not so legitimate axe to grin. It just seems to be all out mindlessness now though....... I am not just speaking for myself, alot of people right across the map are having these problems. Even my enemies, though I don't like to stand up for them it is no way to go out either.
Bretth

Post by Bretth »

All I am saying is there is no way to defend against it........... Your either on or your gone.
Amber_Rose

Post by Amber_Rose »

I started a thread about this issues months ago, with some legitimate changes that could be made to protect the player base. But none of those suggestions have been implemented, nor was there any indication that they have even been considered. Instead we're getting another 'domination' world, which is the exact opposite of what we requested.

Apparently short - term excitement is more important to Firefly than long-term player continuation.
Amber_Rose

Post by Amber_Rose »

To refresh your memory, these were the suggestions that started that other thread:

- If a charter is taken by a village under excom, the excom should accompany the captain and apply to the new village also.
- A new village charter should not be allowed to send monks during it's 3-day peacetime. The owner should have to break peacetime to send them.
- If a player is reset three times in one week, they should not be allowed to spawn again for ten days.
- A faction should not be allowed to vote against another faction in a house until they have been in that house for a minimum of three days.
- A player should not be allowed to become steward of a parish until he has been a member of that parish for 48 hours.
- The honor gained by defending an attack should be increased. If a player successfully defends a raze that cost the attacker 300k honor to launch, why shouldn't the defender get an equivalent amount of honor for defending it?
Bretth

Post by Bretth »

The player base does not want to be rouged to there wits end until they are forced to quit because they can not take logging on everyday to see if they have been totally reset or not, or worst actually totally reset.

Do the rogues spend money on FF products? Not that that matters but I am sure that the player base does.
Bretth

Post by Bretth »

DavidSpy wrote:Fighters always play more cards than farmers.
We are not talking about people that are fighting. We are talking about people that spawn in a parish, take it over and use the gold in the parish to bash villages and take them over in order to destroy more villages.

I have rarely seen a play like this use cards and usually it is not there 'main' world, they are just there for some fun and mindless destruction.

Alot of players that get reset or loose villages this way are no farmers, its over in minutes and there is no way to defend against it unless you are online or some friends that are very close are online.

Loosing villages and fighting is part of the game but this is just silly. These are not people that are actually playing the game.
Bretth

Post by Bretth »

DavidSpy wrote:Many rogue players use army speed cards, oftentimes they are operating within a limited time frame because they need to do as much damage possible as quickly as possible before the local house reacts. It all depends on the commitment of the rogue, regardless though, they are playing more cards than farmers are removing the local AI castles. ;)
Whatever.

This is a total side argument and way off topic. I also do not know what kind of rogues you are facing but they are obviously not the same kind we are faceing.

There will be no player based left soon, everyday a few more get reset because a squire can land in a parish, monk it and raze everything near by............

It is making the game a ridicules farce.
meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

Hi regarding rogues using parish armies, it may sound simple but make sure there is no gold, make sure that they cant do that, I myself have messed about abit and did the same thing I had no gold in parish so couldnt destroy anything and I was always excommed there was a few of us and eventually we got bored. There is porbbaly alot better players out there but if your in w2 surely you have enough resoucres to excom them all take the gold from every parish in there vicinity and just ransack them to bits, they only have 3 days peace time so just hit them with excom as soon as they spawn its tiresome for you but eventually they get bored.

People quit the game because of this but I think the people that quit because of this are far outnumbered by the people that quit because of super alliances, its similar to being in a war just mark them with swords and act as if your house is at war thats what happens when your invaded after all the enemy takes your parishes and trys to raze you, you then id up and wait untill the enemy makes a mistake. I know its easy to say but its part of the game and something in my opinion which is not a major issue, super houses and super alliances kill of far more player base then kamikazee players.
Bretth

Post by Bretth »

I have to agree with you on the super alliance thing, having 20 factions per a house was nuts to say the least. It did as much damage as creating a new world ever other month with a dwindling player base. The player base was spread to thin across to many worlds and with 20 factions in a house dominance by one house was seen on almost every world.

As for your gold suggestion, that is fine but you can't control every ones parish. I have no gold but if my neighbor does some alt squire or play who just want a bit of fun can set up and start blasting away with no problems. I don't mind being challenged in a fight but this is just silly. I have seen 2 players reset by low ranking rogues already this morning.......... They will not return when they log on tonight and see everything wiped out.

Guess I am just raging against the tide here. When mmo producers kill there games off they usually have another one for you to move on to, FF is missing out here by not having a shiny new SHK2 with dragons or even just updated graphics for the player base to go to.

Return to “World 2 Lounge”