Age 4 Bs

All discussion related to activity in World 1 should be posted here.
Enemy_nr1

Re: Age 4 Bs

Post by Enemy_nr1 »

40 villages, fair enough

movement speed awesome

no weapons on markets = no fighting or spending insane $ to buy manufacture cards, which sux,and i will quit, not going to set up a direct debit.

FP, well thats always slippery.

And why not reduce house to 10 factions not 3, having in mind Dominion was FAIL because ppl gave up playing they could not be in house.
jigetuzz

Post by jigetuzz »

i strongly agree with what has been said regarding only three factions per house. You increased factions per house from 12 to 20 with the second age, that was admittedly too much, but three? why not go back to the original 12 or something more reasonable like 8 ? With three factions you will have countless satellite factions catering to the needs of the few houses but have their members deprived of the chance of sharing in the success which they were part of.
And why on earth remove the option to trade weapons ? like said before, it slows the action you seemingly want to increase with the understandable increase in interdiction cost and army speed down to a point where it basically nullifys it.
You say you made these decisions based on the feedback of the community, if you really do listen to us, revert these pointless changes in an otherwise decent ruleset.
Lt.Columbo

Post by Lt.Columbo »

i have thought all the same things that have been stated previously..and despite my personal opinion being 3 factions per house and no selling/buying weapons is a rediculous rule..i also think that exactly these rules can actually revive a server to a degree, teamplay will be more important than ever if you can get players to look beyond the glory race. but i doubt that will happen.
W4 will work as a "playground" for a while for players from other worlds but i think ultimately this is the death blow for my beloved W4 and other servers transitioning into age 4.

a company that has come up with a franchise like stronghold surely has enough creative minds to come up with something better than those rules.
but, we will take them and make the best of it.
lead a house they said,glory and fame awaits..burning eyes and headaches from reading tons of mail is what i got.exec_killfun1.0
Gimpy_General

Post by Gimpy_General »

Lt.Columbo wrote:i have thought all the same things that have been stated previously..and despite my personal opinion being 3 factions per house and no selling/buying weapons is a rediculous rule..i also think that exactly these rules can actually revive a server to a degree, teamplay will be more important than ever if you can get players to look beyond the glory race. but i doubt that will happen.
W4 will work as a "playground" for a while for players from other worlds but i think ultimately this is the death blow for my beloved W4 and other servers transitioning into age 4.

a company that has come up with a franchise like stronghold surely has enough creative minds to come up with something better than those rules.
but, we will take them and make the best of it.
I think their intent is quite the opposite, I think FF's intent is to KILL the server and replace it with a new one. They're clearly trying to make this a pay to win game mode now. If you want to win in the 4th age, you're going to need weapons, which means you're going to need to buy card points, period. Lots of people will quit I am sure. There's ZERO reward for aiding a house that you can't be a part of. Some houseless facitons will help factions in a house but they'll be few and far between.

There are a few "good things" that will come of this though:

Blecking's bank account will be even smaller now. I don't even think he's knows how to farm, he has too much fun destroying everything.

All the non-fighters won't have a place in a house like they do in H4. You don't have a lot of room for farmers when there's only 120 slots available.

Even so....FF you guys are greedy a-holse. I'd really like to see what DS fan/player suggested these proposals of 3 factions per house....

Lastly, are we still going for 12 stars because the 4th age will take 3 years if it does.
delta2k17

Post by delta2k17 »

FF had planned to shut down W1 until we complained. This is just their way to shut down the world slowly and make money.

Attack speed looks very nice, but the no buying weapons counters that so it would probably even be more beneficial to take both out if u wanted to make it more exciting.

FYI the speed is 3x the speed it was in age 1 which is half of what it is now, so it's not even a huge speed buff.

FF should be making age rules which benefit newer players and veterans, this isn't beneficial for either, ur not making it more exciting or intense to play. Much more boring and with the amount of factions and players which will be neutral will cause so much bs that half the players will leave the game or w1 from that alone as even regular politics are too much for people
Sir Xman

Post by Sir Xman »

My only issue with the new rule set is the 3 factions per house. 8 is more than fair it gives the old school factions a chance to reform and join their friends in a house.

As for weapons I make plenty and never buy or sell them only donate my extras or ship them off to a house mate in need.
Xman General Order of the Honey Badger
Chief Sinner of the House of Sinnners
Retired Sheriff of Dyfed
Retired Governor of Mid Wales
Retired King of Wales
Fatal

Post by Fatal »

1. Crown Princes may now own up to 40 villages.
Who cares, only farmers gained 30
2. Army and Scout movement speeds are three times faster than in the First Age.
Good
3. Weapons can no longer be sold or purchased at Markets.
Really bad idea
4. Goods will be cleared from all Markets, with prices reset to their starting level.
Standart
5. The Faith Point cost for Interdiction has been increased.
Really bad idea
6. A Military School can be built in a parish, which gives access to Bombards.
Those should be captains instead
7. All in-game Factions and Houses will be disbanded.
Standart
8. All capital forums and walls will be cleared.
Standart
9. Houses limited to 3 factions. The first faction to apply is accepted automatically, all other factions must be voted in.
Good one
10. Certain upgradable Parish buildings can now gain 5 additional levels.
No one even bothered to reach 13-15 levels, not much people donate to parish because you can be razed out of it or someone can monk himself it and destroy the guild.
11. Capturing a village previously lost to an enemy carries no honor cost
This rarely happens and even when it does, it doesn't change gameplay much.

So we have 2 good ones against 2 bad ones and lots of stuff that doesn't change anything. What a disappointment. I don't know how these changes were supposed to make the world more dynamic - even less, you let people farm up to 40 towns, avoid wars because it will be more expencive to ID them and f_ck up jumpers by removing weapons from markets.
Left you 7.05.2014

Unbreakable feral spirit
madpro_01

Post by madpro_01 »

The changes are mostly fine.
They do what they are set out to do and that is to change the dynamics of the game.

2 of them are kinda fishy though and that is the weapons thing. There is no sense in that one, because for what it is intended never outweighs the other effects this also has.
The no honor cost for villages when you lose one has to many loopholes so I believe they should scratch that one also. I could give many examples in which this rule would give a lot of problems and I am pretty sure the development team has not even thought of it in that way.

The 3 faction thing for a house that is an excellent change. Now houses really need to consider who they want in their house and not just invite people for the land they are holding. People are not just going to want to join the big house, because there is not going to be one.

It will be very interesting to see how this all will play out.

In any case I these changes are not as bad as most are saying here, but that is just my opinion :)

game on!

madpro
meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

Well guys, FF are usually good with making little updates so I am sure if you guys air your opinions on the feedback forum FF may upgrade factions to 6-8. Not sure about other changes but I would assume a faction number change should nto be to hard to do at all. Especially since they have changed from 12 to 20 to 3 in different worlds and ages.

make enough noise and get everyone in your faction to post and FF will listen.
fabio_10

Post by fabio_10 »

Gimpy_General wrote:Fabio, you're 3 villages away from me...you'd be razed with or without weapons :)
Dear gimpy i know you will do it now...cuz i havent internet since 26th february so cant log in...i already had a plan to kill everybody and had already an army and many weapons...but "No internet, No party"...so good luck in 4th age without me gimpy ;)

Return to “World 1 Lounge (Closed)”