Rogue Players

All discussion related to activity in World 2 should be posted here.
Amber_Rose

Rogue Players

Post by Amber_Rose »

Every world is now being plagued by rogue players; that is, players who spawn for the sole purpose of wreaking havoc on unsuspecting players for no reason other than their own amusement. Most of them are people who have destroyed their own game (often on another world), who have nothing to lose, and simply want to use their game to destroy the game of others.

These players target the weak. Are part-time or less advanced players not welcome in SHK? Has the game reached the point where Firefly doesn't care about protecting those who simply want to farm and work their parishes?

Why do all the changes to the game favor the agressive? Why haven't any changes been implemented to offer some protection from bullies?

Here are some suggestions gathered from H4 members:
- If a charter is taken by a village under excom, the excom should accompany the captain and apply to the new village also.
- A new village charter should not be allowed to send monks during it's 3-day peacetime. The owner should have to break peacetime to send them.
- If a player is reset three times in one week, they should not be allowed to spawn again for ten days.
- A faction should not be allowed to vote against another faction in a house until they have been in that house for a minimum of three days.
- A player should not be allowed to become steward of a parish until he has been a member of that parish for 48 hours.
- The honor gained by defending an attack should be increased. If a player successfully defends a raze that cost the attacker 300k honor to launch, why shouldn't the defender get an equivalent amount of honor for defending it?

SHK is a war game, but it is a game that should offer a measure of protection to the defender as well as the attacker. This disparity is contributing significantly to the dramatic decrease in population in all worlds.

I welcome your comments.
czarceaser

Re: Rogue Players

Post by czarceaser »

I would agree something needs to be done about rouge players. They are ruining the game for a lot of players, i personally know of three players who have stop playing because of rouges.
Zeflon

Post by Zeflon »

I know of 4 very long term (over a year playing) that have quit due to rogue players. The other issue that exists is that the "Rogue" players team with others, such as factions, to assist them in acquiring territory.
There should be much higher honor and/or gold requirements to get a 2nd, third, etc villages---esp in age 3 where honor is so easily obtained.
bouda118

Post by bouda118 »

Some of these ideas are amazing.

I think the most important in the list is,

- A player should not be allowed to become steward of a parish until he has been a member of that parish for 48 hours. ( This would need to be altered slightly to allow warring purposes, Something like, If a village is Captured in the parish, Thus player can vote, Or make it only apply to players who get reset and show back up, New spawns.) This should include Monks AND Free votes to "New spawns"

- Excomming charters is another good one.

Its Stupid having a parish castle take 50 days to build. And have someone "Bored" on another world come over and be able to delete it in 50 seconds. Along with buildings inside the parish..

Fair enough its a war game, But there is a difference to war and Greifing. With the Banqueting change in A3 Ranks are easy, Its nothing to see a player Totally reset within an hour or two now Because parishes are so easy to cause damage, A years worth of building can be lost in a night if one of these "Bored players show up.

Im sure all of us have played many of online games, But for those who dont know the term Greifer ("Someone, usually in an online game, who intentionally, and usually repeatedly, attempts to degrade anothers experience or torment them."
House 4
General Of L.D.I
Sheriff Of Meath
World 2
Korsikas

Post by Korsikas »

I agree with H4 players offers. I want to offer FF: holidays to prevent pillage and the destruction of villages. Offer during the holidays to introduce universal peace years. Then the players at ease on you celebrate the holidays, like Christmas and New Year. For many players back playing after the holidays for Roque finds only the ruins of their villages or villages hijacked. Other players even do not find anything, because it happens to delete the game. :!: With respect Korsikas
countjimula

Post by countjimula »

- If a charter is taken by a village under excom, the excom should accompany the captain and apply to the new village also.
This would prevent someone from buying a charter just to send absolute from it. I do not think this is overpowered with the suggestions added here.
- A new village charter should not be allowed to send monks during it's 3-day peacetime. The owner should have to break peacetime to send them.
I like this one
- If a player is reset three times in one week, they should not be allowed to spawn again for ten days.
What about if a player was reset twice within a certain time interval the player loses the ability to choose the location and is placed far away form the last location at random. The re-spawn options go back to normal, but only after a considerable length of time.
- A player should not be allowed to become steward of a parish until he has been a member of that parish for 48 hours.
I do think parish members need more sovereignty. I would also like it if you can not monk votes if the monks have to cross a county line to do it.
- The honor gained by defending an attack should be increased. If a player successfully defends a raze that cost the attacker 300k honor to launch, why shouldn't the defender get an equivalent amount of honor for defending it?
I would need some info from the bean counters before I come out for or against this idea.
SHK is a war game, but it is a game that should offer a measure of protection to the defender as well as the attacker. This disparity is contributing significantly to the dramatic decrease in population in all worlds.
I would say it has more to do with the effects of the reward system and how it incentivises one group to run the world. I would have to add that my experience with H4 in W2 is unique in all the "monopoly" worlds in the game. From what I know in H4, the leadership does not use or allow dirty politics, or bullying. Neutrals (even former enemies) are also allowed to play in peace.
We need more incentives to help prevent one house world rule in this game!

Thread here:
http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com/vie ... 16&t=24768
Redearthae

Post by Redearthae »

I disagree. It should be 48 hours after your peacetime has ended.
These players target the weak. Are part-time or less advanced players not welcome in SHK? Has the game reached the point where Firefly doesn't care about protecting those who simply want to farm and work their parishes?
Everyone that isn't online is weak against this kind of technique..its a loop hole in the game mechanics. Its worse then multi accounting. And I'd have to say the people that use it are trying to get people to quit. Why build a village for a month, if one person can destroy it in 10 minutes? Destroy a county in 2 hrs.
Bretth

Post by Bretth »

I agree, this rogue situation is nuts and making people leave in there droves. I personal know of a lot of people that have lost everything not in war but by some rogue that is just out to wreck the game because he is board/upset/ or just a bad apple. They do not target the strong. This has been going on for months on all world.

If you get reset there should be a cooling down time, maybe 7 days?

I would think that rogue players do not use perineum tokens or cards........... But they are destroying the will of people that do use tokens and cards to play this game the way it was intended to be played. They abuse vacation made also.....

Kind of makes me not really want to play anymore knowing I am going to wake up with nothing some day after 3 years of building up my reputation and alliances on W2 and there is nothing I can do about it. Its not like a regular war, there is no way to combat this problem.
Bretth

Post by Bretth »

Master Merlin wrote: IF this is the future of SHK, it will find me gone also. For the first time I can see leaving this game with 2000 cards un-played, 7000 points to use and still have 1000 crowns on the books, and I just don't care.
Hear a lot of people saying that unfortunately. Fighting wars is fun, fighting enemies you can not fight due to game mechanics is not. Some people are only out to destroy the game and its a shame.

Some people have decided there is nothing left in this game for them so instead of leaving they are destroying it.
captkirk

Post by captkirk »

I have to agree. For the first time in playing this game for 3 years, i don't see the point. I now log in to speak with the friends i have made over these years. I will no longer spend money on this game until there is a way that behavior like this can be stopped. Its obvious the world doesn't want it around, but are powerless to stop it. FF you need to action something to help out your revenue generators (players) as we are screaming for it.
To lose what you spent so long building in this way is just atrocious game play. I am happy to lose any village in a war, but this isn't a war.....
Everyday i try to keep friends playing this world, everyday one or two leave.

Return to “World 2 Lounge”