The End

World 1 was Closed following the Final Age completion.
DarkShado

The End

Post by DarkShado »

This question may be more for the developers and the support people for Stronghold Kingdoms

My question is what happens when we get to the very last glory round and a winner
is declared and everything is said and done what happens with our accounts do we get
to keep our current rank and research which we have put in?

I do understand that the map will reset and all of our cities and gold ect would all be lost
but I am hoping that after all of this hard work that we at least get to keep our
current rank and research at least.

So what is going to happen when this map is all done and a winner is declared?
Yes I know we are a long ways from that happening since there are many more
glory rounds still to go on USA1

But I am sure that myself and other players would like to know what is going
to happen to our accounts at the end because if we are going to even have our
accounts reset at the end and we all start back at "village idiot" again for our rank
then I am really going to question as to weather it is worth putting all this time
and effort into this game.

Hopefully we get to at least keep our research and rank while everything else
is reset.

Thank you,
Unknownhost

Re: The End

Post by Unknownhost »

then it goes to the second age, then the third age, and i believe a 4th age is in development.

firefly realized they would lose too many players (money farms) if they wiped any world and after massively negative player feedback decided against wiping/locking worlds at the end of glory.
DarkShado

Post by DarkShado »

Unknownhost wrote:then it goes to the second age, then the third age, and i believe a 4th age is in development.

firefly realized they would lose too many players (money farms) if they wiped any world and after massively negative player feedback decided against wiping/locking worlds at the end of glory.
No my question is when it gets the FINAL age and a winner is declared what is going to happen it
our rank and research that we have done. Hopefully we will be able to keep that.

I understand how the ages work but I think you missed what I was trying to say.

What happens when it is the final age and a winner is declared what happens to our
research and rank.
Unknownhost

Post by Unknownhost »

yup what david said.

only way we'll see a final age is when a world has too low a population base w/associated purchases to make keeping such a world active financially viable.

may not even be a "final age" in such a regard. game companies the last few years more and more have had occasion to merge worlds and even close their doors entirely. these are businesses after all, not charities.

Also, unless im mistaken i believe its been touted that none of the dev team members even play this game. which always seemed a little odd/unbelievable to me...

but such a thing makes the game 100% dollar revolving when the makers have no personal interest aside from the games income production. i mean every game aside from free emulators, are money based. when the guys making the game also play the game, how they can not care more than the guys who are significantly less involved as well as have a significantly deeper grasp on actual game mechanics vs percieved? those games tend to live longer. though shk still has many years of life left in it i'd suspect! =)
DarkShado

Post by DarkShado »

Unknownhost wrote:yup what david said.

only way we'll see a final age is when a world has too low a population base w/associated purchases to make keeping such a world active financially viable.

may not even be a "final age" in such a regard. game companies the last few years more and more have had occasion to merge worlds and even close their doors entirely. these are businesses after all, not charities.

Also, unless im mistaken i believe its been touted that none of the dev team members even play this game. which always seemed a little odd/unbelievable to me...

but such a thing makes the game 100% dollar revolving when the makers have no personal interest aside from the games income production. i mean every game aside from free emulators, are money based. when the guys making the game also play the game, how they can not care more than the guys who are significantly less involved as well as have a significantly deeper grasp on actual game mechanics vs percieved? those games tend to live longer. though shk still has many years of life left in it i'd suspect! =)

So basically what you guys are saying is that there will be no end? I figured eventually they would call a winner of the map and totally reset the
map again and restart again. And then everything would start all over again from Age 1 once again.

But from what you guys are saying they will just keep on adding ages and not reset the server.

Don't you find that kind of odd because once a house gets eliminated from the Glory race they won't want
to stay here and move to another world eventually so as you said eventually as you said the population
would be so low and the financial gain would be low on this server.

Ya I don't believe that either that the devs don't play the game I am sure that they have accounts on
here and play and just keep it on the down low.
thekpd

Post by thekpd »

ah, the good ole' days when firefly thought it was going to inflict a slow, painful death in all the game worlds except the new money pit worlds.

Glad they changed their minds, cos as soon as my world closed up shop, I'd be uninstalling.
DarkShado

Post by DarkShado »

Yep here is the official response as well from support as well, a lot of which was already said here but I thought
that I would post it as well in case some one else was looking for the same answer.

I am sure other new players are also curious about this so I will post this as the official response from the
Stronghold Kingdoms team and hopefully if some one else has this question they can find this post
as well.

-----Original Message-----
From: Stronghold Kingdoms Support [mailto:support [at] en.strongholdkingdoms.com]
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2013 3:45 PM
To: <REMOVED>
Subject: [SHK SUPPORT #58740]: The End

There are currently no plans to "reset" any of the existing game worlds.
For information on the Glory rounds and Ages, please visit the Wiki.

For general gameplay questions, discussions and advice please visit http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com
and log in with your player name and password.

For help with gameplay please visit http://help.strongholdkingdoms.com or ask your fellow players in Global Chat, accessible via
the Settings menu in the upper right corner of the client.

Please contact support only for issues regarding payments, software errors, or major gameplay bugs.

If you are contacting Support about what you believe to be a bug, please check the forum first and post your issue there.
Please include a link to the forum topic if the issue remains unresolved or if you are advised by a moderator to contact Support.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Lord Efficient
Stronghold Kingdoms Support Staff
DarkShado

Post by DarkShado »

DavidSpy wrote:
DarkShado wrote:So basically what you guys are saying is that there will be no end? I figured eventually they would call a winner of the map and totally reset the
map again and restart again. And then everything would start all over again from Age 1 once again.
You might be interested in this idea. http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com/vie ... 92#p138792
Naw not really I kind of like that this server will keep going indefinitely that is actually what I was looking for
I am glad there are no plans to reset the server. So I will continue to play on USA1
Lord Alacrity

Post by Lord Alacrity »

What? Haven't you heard? We're all playing in whichever house you are at war with this week on whichever world you play. Everyone knows that! ;)
Dellwyndria

Post by Dellwyndria »

Lord Alacrity wrote:

What? Haven't you heard? We're all playing in whichever house you are at war with this week on whichever world you play. Everyone knows that! ;)

Well played :D

Return to “USA World 1 Lounge (Closed)”