It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:23 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Firefly: account sitting 

Post Firefly: account sitting
Finally got a little time to log in and do some rebuilding and I see my account has been banned lel

I'll openly admit I had people sitting my account for me as I was unable to invest time into the game for many weeks now and I made no secret of it, which was perhaps my downfall.

Game directs me to contact support > support says they can't respond to individual cases, real helpfull there firefly haha

Anyways, I think that's probably sealed the game for me, though I was never going to be able to play seriously again I had some hopes for being a little guy having a couple hours fun here and there.

But it brings me to a point I think is interesting. This game requires so many hours put in to properly cover your assets, especially once you reach any level of notoriety, that you need to seriously start sacrificing aspects of your life to keep yourself in the running.

Everyone knows this already I think, and for that reason many many if not all the top players also practise account sitting over periods (note: different to multi accounts for advantage).

It points at a big design flaw in this game, the all consuming stress that if you leave to do anything different with your life that requires time away you are essentially throwing away all the time and effort put in over the months/years.

V.M mode was a temporary bandaid that is mostly abused in war time to escape destruction.

I think firefly should consider this aspect and come up with some seriously creative ways of curbing the punishment for away time or allow account sitting.

Since I wont be logging in again I'd also like to say what a great time I had on world 5, alot of great rivalries and great people.

Cheerio

Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:13 am

Post Re: Firefly: account sitting
That is sad to hear, evan.

You did a great job running UNSC in the First Age here. on all the time, clear communicator.

I understand what you are saying too, that things come up where one can't invest the massive time necessary to play, does not mean one is running from attacks or wants to quit, and one comes back to see everything in ruins.

I do see alot of VM abuse, but there is plenty of legitimate use of it as well. For example, other than cruise ship internet rates start at . 75 per minute, it also is a crappy satellite connection, and SHK just won't play. Otherwise, what a great time to play, launching attacks at off times in one's flip flops up on the lido deck. Without VM, one's game would be over when one got home.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:12 am

Building times should just be decreased, if building up a village took a couple of days instead of a month things would be much better.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:08 pm

evanjellyman wrote:
Finally got a little time to log in and do some rebuilding and I see my account has been banned lel

I'll openly admit I had people sitting my account for me as I was unable to invest time into the game for many weeks now and I made no secret of it, which was perhaps my downfall.

Account sharing (or "sitting") is an obvious breach of the SHK Game Rules which you were supposed to read before playing.

Quote:
2. No account sharing

Players may not share accounts with each other.

(http://www.strongholdkingdoms.com/GameRules.html)

evanjellyman wrote:
Everyone knows this already I think, and for that reason many many if not all the top players also practise account sitting over periods (note: different to multi accounts for advantage).

There it is, the use of the bandwagon fallacy to justify said actions. Simply because another player is doing something illegal that doesn't make it "alright" for you to engage in the self same actions.

evanjellyman wrote:
It points at a big design flaw in this game, the all consuming stress that if you leave to do anything different with your life that requires time away you are essentially throwing away all the time and effort put in over the months/years.

Your account progress is not reset, if you can play by the rules you will come back to your Crown Prince account six months later. Sure you will have to rebuild your villages but the time required for that is far below the price to rebuild an account.

Also; if you are going to leave the game for six months consider instead making peace with your enemies, whether personal or house, and just join a farming faction. You will have to log in once a week to repair castles but that's a small time commitment to retain your villages.

RobertScott wrote:
For example, other than cruise ship internet rates start at . 75 per minute, it also is a crappy satellite connection, and SHK just won't play.

While I'll agree that .75 a minute is an exorbitant charge for internet access I doubt it's impossible to play SHK over it. I can play over a 2kbps connection with a 300 or greater ping and that's about as bad as it gets without going back to an 80's baud modem. :D

Ezek Von Bernd wrote:
Building times should just be decreased, if building up a village took a couple of days instead of a month things would be much better.

This should be considered for future ages, I say cut all village and castle build times in half.

ImageImage

Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:13 pm
Profile WWW

DavidSpy wrote:
evanjellyman wrote:

Account sharing (or "sitting") is an obvious breach of the SHK Game Rules which you were supposed to read before playing.

Quote:
2. No account sharing

Players may not share accounts with each other.

(http://www.strongholdkingdoms.com/GameRules.html)

evanjellyman wrote:

There it is, the use of the bandwagon fallacy to justify said actions. Simply because another player is doing something illegal that doesn't make it "alright" for you to engage in the self same actions.

mate I straight up said I was open about it and im not here to argue over my account, why did you turn this into being about my "innocence". Your burying your head in the sand by throwing the rulebook at me.

Im done with this game, I wont be able to login again and I don't plan on restarting, I just wanted to give some feedback on somethin to try and improve the game for others.

Last edited by evanjellyman on Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:33 pm

RobertScott wrote:
That is sad to hear, evan.

You did a great job running UNSC in the First Age here. on all the time, clear communicator.

I understand what you are saying too, that things come up where one can't invest the massive time necessary to play, does not mean one is running from attacks or wants to quit, and one comes back to see everything in ruins.

I do see alot of VM abuse, but there is plenty of legitimate use of it as well. For example, other than cruise ship internet rates start at . 75 per minute, it also is a crappy satellite connection, and SHK just won't play. Otherwise, what a great time to play, launching attacks at off times in one's flip flops up on the lido deck. Without VM, one's game would be over when one got home.

Thanks man =D

Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:37 pm

evanjellyman wrote:
mate I straight up said I was open about it and im not here to argue over my account, why did you turn this into being about my "innocence". Your burying your head in the sand by throwing the rulebook at me.

Im done with this game, I wont be able to login again and I don't plan on restarting, I just wanted to give some feedback on somethin to try and improve the game for others.

Well I'm sorry but your OP evokes a different tone, all you had to say was "I was banned" and I would have left the matter it at that. Instead it seems you choose to denounce the justifiable actions taken by Firefly while painting them in a bad light.

I'm not here to stifle feedback, if you were only interested in giving feedback and saying your goodbyes though you should have omitted the following from your OP.

evanjellyman wrote:

Game directs me to contact support > support says they can't respond to individual cases, real helpfull there firefly haha

Anyways I'm sorry to see you go, you were a good player and I hope you don't take the above too personally. As a moderator it's my duty.

ImageImage

Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:19 pm
Profile WWW

No worries David thanks for the kind words lol

but seriously, firefly should think about that topic XD

Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:40 pm

Just more reasons to ask FF to review some of the policies. We that don't have a real life per say can log in daily to keep our accounts cleared and rebuilt. But even to that ends, the bottom line is we really need to address the rebuild time on villages and castles. For all concerned. If you get attacked it's over a month to rebuild in some cases. If you have to start from scratch, well we know how long that will take. Just help us with the timer, man it's just way too long to rebuild. I would be a lot easier to pick up the pieces and go on if FF would address this one area.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:47 pm

Chief Head Volunteer Troll, I have tried walk it back with you, but man I really can't frikin stand you. I didn't read about the fact thar the game won't play at sea, I lived it. I bought a minute plan intending to play, tried it day after day, and it crashed EVERY TIME.

So David I know you live to aggravate people and I am rising for the bait, but dude consider go being a forumtroll moderator for Candy Crush or something. This game is for thinking people and it is dfficult not to notice what a clueless chest thumping buffoon you are.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:52 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next