I am disgusted

World 1 was Closed following the Final Age completion.
anicca

I am disgusted

Post by anicca »

In all of my pursuits in Stronghold I have been honest and upfront as character and reputation is more important that glory in this game. I have even treated nearly all of my enemies with respect and courtesy even when not deserved and have forgiven those who have trespassed against me in the past. Regardless of what a few trolls in this forum say, primarily Greyson Mactire, you can confirm the above with anyone who has played with me, friend or foe, in the 500+ days of the first age of World 3. Our player family was victorious there not because we treated people poorly or with subterfuge, but were respectful and in the end the neutrals and non aligned worked with us because of a consistency of our honor and the lack of such character from many of our enemies.

What I have seen so far in this USA world regarding character from many of the players in H14/H1 has been sickening. The mails I have been sent and those forwarded day after day from members in our house are so vile I can not even repeat them here. The betrayals from their unending spies and planted players and factions, the proxy wars they are fighting against other houses through other houses are the death of anything resembling enjoyment for this server's future.

Firefly I commend you on creating a new map that I and many others surely thought had great potential to provide a fun experience for everyone but unfortunately a game can only be as good as the players who play it and the manner in which they handle their responsibilities to be good stewards and provide a balanced experience for those who play, especially the 95% of players who here on day 38 have little ability to present meaningful challenge to AI castles let alone other players at this stage of the game.

It is very sad indeed to see the server going down the path it is just a month after release, and as I stated in the topic I am disgusted by the words, actions, and attitudes and deception that my enemies have displayed so far in this short amount of time.

For those who have forsaken our player family and helped bring about this mess I will leave you with a thought from Marcus Tullius Cicero:

"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague."
Greyson-Mactire

Re: I am disgusted

Post by Greyson-Mactire »

Here we go again Ani.... Seriously man? How many times are you gonna cry,cry,cry? I think this topic would be best if you or a mod deleted it, though I doubt they'll save you from your own mistake, because you're leaving yourself open for major ridicule not only from me, but from every single person who'll read this. Though I appreciate the shout out, it makes you look like a major whiner. You're the only troll here bub. Notice I've never opened a topic and publicly called out some one, nor have I directly named them unless A.: Unless it involved me and my name was mentioned first (Like such) or B.: It involved a friend or friends (again like such).

Also this thread just goes to prove that you're are the opposite of what you claim to be as it could very well just be propaganda, though I suspect you are just mad because you're getting whipped. You should have just left our Houses names out of it and your point would have gotten through without making it look like you had alternative motives for posting this. Though I could say the same and will: Most of the W3 people you have, including yourself in your houses in USA1 are thieving backstabbing traitors that only grow a spine when they're up against farmers or hop on something when they think they have the numbers and support even if it means throwing others on their own side under the bus afterwards. All my statements have been and remain the same, your opinions and propaganda vary too much to be called such and it is because of this that you only validate mine.

As for your words of wisdom Anicca there at the end, those are some good words for you to reflect on sir, I'm glad you're finally stepping off your self righteous horse and willing to learn reason and try to better yourself.
Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed!
anicca

Post by anicca »

Delusion : a persistent false psychotic belief regarding the self or persons or objects outside the self that is maintained despite indisputable evidence to the contrary
Greyson-Mactire

Narcissist: a person who suffers from narcissism, deriving erotic gratification from admiration of his or her own physical or mental attributes.

Edit: I feel bad for you... You can keep crying on my shoulder all day long.
Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed!
Ztripp

Post by Ztripp »

Spaghetti:

A delicious noodle made out of duram wheat flour. Combined with sauce and meatballs, it resembles the diety know as The Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Flying Spaghetti Monster/FSM:

"The alleged deity of The Flying Spaghetti Monster (FSM) theory which was first publicly postulated in an open letter to the Kansas School Board during the debates on whether or not to introduce Intelligent Design in to the science curriculum. The FSM is theorized to manipulate observable data such as carbon dating results via 'His' Noodly Appendage. We are also taught that The FSM hates when its subjects do not dress as pirates. FSM followers claim that global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters are a direct effect of the shrinking numbers of Pirates since the 1800s."

Going forward, all other arguments are invalid.
Unknownhost

Post by Unknownhost »

ROFL@Ztripp!

good one XD

Anicca, the pot calls the kettle black. you have any idea how many racist & sexist things your backwoods players are posting daily in game?
Last edited by MechJosh0 on Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please report any mail ingame, do not post them on the forums.
Greyson-Mactire

MechJosh you are being biased and it's showing, I suggest loosen up a bit considering Annica's post of a proclamation wasn't removed.
Ztripp

Post by Ztripp »

On a personal level, I like anicca. He has been a way better leader than I have had in past worlds, with the exception of Pfizzy. I have known nothing but truth and clear direction come from him. I understand there may be quarrels because of conflict on past worlds, but this is a new world/new day.

Anicca is right about some of the threats, hate mails, etc. that have come out of certain player's keyboards. I have seen quite a few myself, some of which are worth a report for a perma ban. That said, I personally don't believe all is lost because of it. It may not be honorable, or even right, but who are we to expect any better from humans hiding behind a screen, waving the virtual phallus that they lack in the real world. This is just a game, and I remind myself of that every day before I take anything personally. I believe we all should remeber that.

This is the first glory round. What happens to the fisrt house to get a star? They get a big target on their back. There will be a great eaqualizing force at some point, and this current set of wars will be replaced with a new one. Then that set of wars will be replaced by another, then another, and so on. Quit the animosity, and lets just blow each other up. There is no need for name calling, or trolling. You never know who you will need as an ally when day 100 hits and things really hit the fan. You raze me, I say good job. I raze you, I expect the same. Shake hands, then kill each other again the next day. The butthurt on both sides needs to stop. I expect more from adults. This calling each other babies, *, telling them to suck you off, etc. That is for children. Last time I checked this wasn't Call of Duty. I shouldn't be getting a mouthful from some twelve year old about how he banged my mom, and neither should you.

Last but not least, we must finish in prayer. Hold hands with me.

Bless us oh Glorious One,
May your Noodly Appendage guide us through our dark times.
As it is you His Holiness The Flying Spaghetti Monster,
Who will lead us from evil,
and unto the Pasta.

In the Pirate's name we pray,

Ramen
Greyson-Mactire

Your prayer made me chuckle. Parmesan isn't heresy is it?
Ztripp

Post by Ztripp »

I believe Saint Parmesan was one of the first martyrs. I'm not sure though. Going to have to take a look at the whole tome.

Jokes aside, I hope my former message rings true with a few of you. Lets kill each other, and have a laugh about it. Put the fun back into this game. I really think there is a way for us to work things out without resorting to name calling. I know there are a few bad eggs on the server, but for the most part people are just trying to enjoy the game. I think USA got off to too fast of a start, and the neutrals and non-carders are suffering for it. We should work out something of an armistice, or at the least no "touchy touchy" for the low ranks agreement. I personally don't care about myself, I am having fun razing people out, and I welcome the guy who will raze me. But I know that the little guys are not having a good time, and I sincerely care about that. It has got to hurt when you don't have the benefit of cards like us, to build a village and castle within 5 mins. We all forget that those are peoples work over a 30-40 day period.

Honestly, the more I type, the more I realize I sound like a bleeding-heart *. But even though I do realize that, and even though I never want to be it, I still feel the same. And this is not a "hey I'm losing so help me" thread. I personally am not losing a thing, but some people are.

Instead of bashing Anicca, I honestly want to know your thoughts on this. Lets have a real dialog. I know for a fact that all of you are smart enough to hash this out, so lets at least make some sort of attempt. If you would be so kind as to have some of the HMs take a peek at the thread, especially justice.matt, I believe a reasonable solution can be worked out, however temporary it is.

Return to “USA World 1 Lounge (Closed)”