5 Creepy Ways Video Games Are Trying to Get You Addicted

Chat not related to Kingdoms. Keep it clean!
countjimula

Re: 5 Creepy Ways Video Games Are Trying to Get You Addicted

Post by countjimula »

Orbit Storm wrote: I'm sure you'll have more fun hosing down the victim in your basement for not putting the lotion on its skin.
Real classy
We need more incentives to help prevent one house world rule in this game!

Thread here:
http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com/vie ... 16&t=24768
Orbit Storm

Post by Orbit Storm »

countjimula wrote:Real classy
About as classy as trolling, derailing every topic I participate in, and firing off wild accusations (such as plagiarism). Boo hoo.
Ajr568

Post by Ajr568 »

You're the one who insulted me first in this thread you retarded sack of *. I made my comment about your copy/paste "video games are the Borg" post and got called a retard for it, so * you. You are the child you are calling me. Keep in mind in every single thread I have ever commented on that you started, you devolved to insults first. You are the troll, you are the child, you are the loser.

I copy/paste your posts? What drugs are you on? You literally just copy/pasted this whole OP from DavidSpy's link (Which you didn't include). You should have linked the article, instead of copy/pasting it, but I guess the almighty Orbit Storm is above the law and can copy someone else work and not link it. You didn't even offer commentary on this (http://www.cracked.com/article_18461_5- ... ed_p2.html) article, you just copy/pasted it.
countjimula wrote:
Orbit Storm wrote: I'm sure you'll have more fun hosing down the victim in your basement for not putting the lotion on its skin.
Real classy
He has no class, he is a loser who has to resort to insults because he uses his straw man arguments that get blown over by a breeze. And when he realizes he can't defend himself he goes off firing insults, getting threads locked over and over and over again.
Orbit Storm wrote:
countjimula wrote:Real classy
About as classy as trolling, derailing every topic I participate in, and firing off wild accusations (such as plagiarism). Boo hoo.
I add my comments to various topics you happen to "participate in" then you resort to insulting me. Get off your pedestal. I should be able to offer my comments on PUBLIC FORUMS without a mindless troll (you) firing insult after insult at me, and never really responding to my comment, just jumping straight to personal attacks.. I'm waiting for your forum access to be banned, quite frankly...
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Merged Double Post
The worlds do not die because of Firefly opening new worlds, the worlds die because the players on those worlds let them.
Orbit Storm

Post by Orbit Storm »

Double-post after double-post. You know, the 'edit' button is there for good reason.
Ajr568 wrote:You're the one who insulted me first in this thread you retarded sack of *.
Ajr568 wrote:I know you're a troll, but this is excessive... :roll:
You tossed the first stone, my friend. I posted an interesting article, and you attacked me by labeling me a troll.

Ajr568 wrote:I made my comment about your copy/paste "video games are the Borg" post and got called a retard for it, so * you.
No, I didn't call you a "retard". I wouldn't dare lump you in the same demographic as those with true disorders. I have much more respect for them than you. You painted yourself as the "retard" by replying with a whole lot of garbage that made absolutely no sense. It was akin to posting in a topic about Dell computers, with information on Gateway. The article never even discussed monetary investment, yet you rambled on about it. Learn to read the article before posting brashly, and perhaps you won't feel like a fool afterward.

Ajr568 wrote:I copy/paste your posts? What drugs are you on?
I use "mindless dribble", you use "mindless rant". It isn't just my posts you leech from, you even used Ad Rock's "gospel" idiom.

Ajr568 wrote:You literally just copy/pasted this whole OP from DavidSpy's link (Which you didn't include). You should have linked the article, instead of copy/pasting it, but I guess the almighty Orbit Storm is above the law and can copy someone else work and not link it.
I copy/pasted the article for several reasons (none of which were for taking credit for the article as you allege). Most readers wouldn't bother clicking the link (i.e. rick roll anyone?), not that creating a topic with just a link is a legitimate use of space, and Cracked.com contains a LOT of mature content. When FireFly intentionally censors the word "j e r k", obviously the majority of the content on Cracked isn't suitable here. So you can try to allege plagiarism, or any other wild theories you have up your sleeve, but the footnote has been there all along. No credit was taken, I simply avoided violating any potential unwritten rule (and Lord knows there are plenty of them on this site).

Anything else you'd like to cry about?
Ajr568

Post by Ajr568 »

Usually DavidSpy gets online and merges them all.

>--You tossed the first stone, my friend. I posted an interesting article, and you attacked me by labeling me a troll.
>--No, I didn't call you a "retard". I wouldn't dare lump you in the same demographic as those with true disorders. I have much more respect for them than you. You painted yourself as the "retard" by replying with a whole lot of garbage that made absolutely no sense. It was akin to posting in a topic about Dell computers, with information on Gateway. The article never even discussed monetary investment, yet you rambled on about it. Learn to read the article before posting brashly, and perhaps you won't feel like a fool afterward.

Yes, I may have called you a troll, but them you jumped from that to calling me "mentally challenged", or retarded as non politically correct people say. As I pointed out, people invest time, like they do their money to be good at a game, because it is their hobby. They play video games for hours on end because it is a hobby, not because they are addicted to it. They spend $100's of dollars, and 100's of hours to be good at a game. You completely missed that. I thought such an intellectual like yourself (Or at least you try to paint yourself as such) would be able to read between the lines.... :roll:

>-- I use "mindless dribble", you use "mindless rant". It isn't just my posts you leech from, you even used Ad Rock's "gospel" idiom.

You're point being? Ad Rock's gospel idiom was right, that is what you think your words are, and how dare anyone contradict them in your opinion.

>--I copy/pasted the article for several reasons (none of which were for taking credit for the article as you allege). Most readers wouldn't bother clicking the link (i.e. rick roll anyone?), not that creating a topic with just a link is a legitimate use of space, and Cracked.com contains a LOT of mature content. When FireFly intentionally censors the word "j e r k", obviously the majority of the content on Cracked isn't suitable here. So you can try to allege plagiarism, or any other wild theories you have up your sleeve, but the footnote has been there all along. No credit was taken, I simply avoided violating any potential unwritten rule (and Lord knows there are plenty of them on this site).

You still should have linked the article. It is not your responsibility what people do when they go to a link you post, it is however your responsibility to link the copy/pasted article. You didn't even give the author credit, or name him/her.
The worlds do not die because of Firefly opening new worlds, the worlds die because the players on those worlds let them.
Orbit Storm

Post by Orbit Storm »

Ajr568 wrote:Usually DavidSpy gets online and merges them all.
So you would rather have a Moderator hold your hand, instead of just using the 'edit' button like the rest of us big boys and girls do. As countjimula would say, "classy".

Ajr568 wrote:Yes, I may have called you a troll, but them you jumped from that to calling me "mentally challenged", or retarded as non politically correct people say. As I pointed out, people invest time, like they do their money to be good at a game, because it is their hobby. They play video games for hours on end because it is a hobby, not because they are addicted to it. They spend $100's of dollars, and 100's of hours to be good at a game. You completely missed that. I thought such an intellectual like yourself (Or at least you try to paint yourself as such) would be able to read between the lines.... :roll:
If you can't take what you dish out, then perhaps online communities aren't for you. Comparing apples and oranges to draw conclusions on apples isn't the best way to convey a point. Instead of expecting everyone to do the work for you (as with the edit button), you could try coloring inside the lines.

"Addiction is not about what you DO, but what you DON'T DO because of the replacement of the addictive behavior."

Ajr568 wrote:You're point being? Ad Rock's gospel idiom was right, that is what you think your words are, and how dare anyone contradict them in your opinion.
No, you mistake passion for what I believe in, for bible-thumping pulpit readings. As you put it, I'm an intellectual. I love philosophy, theory, and debate. So it's no secret that I will carry on a debate for as long as it takes. Whether the person on the other side of that debate agrees with me or not is irrelevant - it's only when they sink to "noob" and "whiner" insults that I begin to embarrass them. You know this from first-hand experience. For the record, only one of my topics have been locked.

Ajr568 wrote:You still should have linked the article. It is not your responsibility what people do when they go to a link you post, it is however your responsibility to link the copy/pasted article. You didn't even give the author credit, or name him/her.
While it may not be my responsibility what people do with that link, I'm still responsible for sharing it. Do you really believe if you provide a minor with a bottle of alcohol that you're not responsible for what they do with it after?

I made a conscientious decision not to link to a mature website within a gaming community, with elementary word filters, and Moderators who tend to make rules on the whim. Still don't like my choice? Cry some more. I would copy/paste the article with a footnote attached, again and again. It doesn't make me a plagiarizer, it doesn't mean I have poor forum etiquette. In this day and age, a simple Google search would have turned up the article in mere seconds. Just because you'd like David to hold your hand and wipe your bottom for you, doesn't mean I'll do it too.
Ajr568

Post by Ajr568 »

Orbit Storm wrote:
Ajr568 wrote:Usually DavidSpy gets online and merges them all.
So you would rather have a Moderator hold your hand, instead of just using the 'edit' button like the rest of us big boys and girls do. As countjimula would say, "classy".

Don't want to. It's more fun watching you rage about how I don't do something.

Ajr568 wrote:Yes, I may have called you a troll, but them you jumped from that to calling me "mentally challenged", or retarded as non politically correct people say. As I pointed out, people invest time, like they do their money to be good at a game, because it is their hobby. They play video games for hours on end because it is a hobby, not because they are addicted to it. They spend $100's of dollars, and 100's of hours to be good at a game. You completely missed that. I thought such an intellectual like yourself (Or at least you try to paint yourself as such) would be able to read between the lines.... :roll:
If you can't take what you dish out, then perhaps online communities aren't for you. Comparing apples and oranges to draw conclusions on apples isn't the best way to convey a point. Instead of expecting everyone to do the work for you (as with the edit button), you could try coloring inside the lines.

"Addiction is not about what you DO, but what you DON'T DO because of the replacement of the addictive behavior."

Ever heard of an over-reaction, *?

No, if you are going to proclaim how smart you are, then you can read between the lines.

And what exactly do people "not do" because of Video games? I don't know any people who * themselves because they want to get that last merchant out (Maybe you do tho)

Ajr568 wrote:You're point being? Ad Rock's gospel idiom was right, that is what you think your words are, and how dare anyone contradict them in your opinion.
No, you mistake passion for what I believe in, for bible-thumping pulpit readings. As you put it, I'm an intellectual. I love philosophy, theory, and debate. So it's no secret that I will carry on a debate for as long as it takes. Whether the person on the other side of that debate agrees with me or not is irrelevant - it's only when they sink to "noob" and "whiner" insults that I begin to embarrass them. You know this from first-hand experience.

You say something, and instead of arguing to support it, you try (and fail) to tear down other people with personal insults and attacks. I have not seen in any topic you have posted in where you defended your argument, you just insulted people who didn't agree with you.
Ajr568 wrote:You still should have linked the article. It is not your responsibility what people do when they go to a link you post, it is however your responsibility to link the copy/pasted article. You didn't even give the author credit, or name him/her.
So while it may not be my responsibility what people do with that link, I'm still responsible for sharing it. Do you really believe if you provide a minor with a bottle of alcohol that you're not responsible for what they do with it after?

Difference is, giving alcohol to a minor is illegal, linking an article isn't. Nice try, dumbass.

I made a conscientious decision not to link to a mature website within a gaming community, with elementary word filters, and Moderators who tend to make rules on the whim. Still don't like my choice? Cry some more. I would copy/paste the article with a footnote attached, again and again. It doesn't make me a plagiarizer, it doesn't mean I have poor forum etiquette. In this day and age, a simple Google search would have turned up the article in mere seconds. Just because you'd like David to hold your hand and wipe your bottom for you, doesn't mean I'll do it too.
Blah blah, insults, blah blah blah

I forgot how much of a fool and a troll you are.. Done on this thread...
Orbit Storm

Post by Orbit Storm »

Ajr568 wrote:Don't want to. It's more fun watching you rage about how I don't do something.
Rage? Ha! I eat punks like you for breakfast. Don't project your own self-loathing onto me - not with all of those asterisk-filled posts.

Ajr568 wrote:Ever heard of an over-reaction, *?
Not when used in that context, no. Most people use exaggeration, which would be the proper term. Or perhaps sarcasm. "Overreaction", in this case, makes no sense.

Ajr568 wrote:No, if you are going to proclaim how smart you are, then you can read between the lines.
I don't need to proclaim my 'smarticles' - my vernacular and ethics do it for me. My design agency substantiates that as well. Not that any of that is relevant; but of course, only someone with an inferiority complex would continue pushing the same dried-up jargon you have been spamming this topic with.

Ajr568 wrote:You say something, and instead of arguing to support it, you try (and fail) to tear down other people with personal insults and attacks. I have not seen in any topic you have posted in where you defended your argument, you just insulted people who didn't agree with you.
Really? Let's have a look at my SHK Needs Griefing Deterrents topic. The opening discussion within that topic was just fine until Ad Rock took it upon himself to mock me instead of offering constructive counterpoints. Your first post (on page 2) received an amiable response, which you subsequently followed up with comments about my "mentality", that I am "annoying the devs" (as though you speak for them), and then mocked points for castles, despite not being privy to why those points were so low. The topic didn't even start to disintegrate until this post (on page 5), where you started your whole "whining" gimmick. You were a belligerent buffoon throughout the topic, and only after I had had enough, did I respond in return. You can spin the story however you like, but the evidence speaks for itself.

Ajr568 wrote:Difference is, giving alcohol to a minor is illegal, linking an article isn't. Nice try, dumbass.
I was referencing the fact that you're responsible for violating forum policy for linking to mature content, just as much as you are for violating the law by providing alcohol to a minor. I practically crossed the t's and dotted the i's for you in that one. Just, wow...

Ajr568 wrote:I forgot how much of a fool and a troll you are.. Done on this thread...
Thank you for sparing us from any more of your asininity.
White Tiger 22

Post by White Tiger 22 »

This is an interesting topic that should be generating a good debate as to if video games are addictive or not, instead it is falling into a "let's argue with each other because we don't like Orbit" thread. I will admit that I assisted in the downfall of Orbit's anti griefing topic but that was not my place to do that, if you do not like a topic or you do not agree with it then just don't post on it and let it get covered up by new topics instead of bumping it up to the top of the list. I do not wish for anyone to post any attack on me for this half of my post because I will not respond to it because that would only serve to pull this thread further off topic and I am attempting to right the ship.

I used to be very much addicted to a certain online game and I played it way too much but I switched internet and for some reason it no longer worked so I was unable to play and in time I was glad to be rid of the game. Now that I have found SHK it is approaching that level again and I do not like spending as much time as I do on this game but as we all know if you spend too much time away then you will return to find what you have worked so hard to build has been taken away in an afternoon...Then the fun of revenge begins.
Ask me about repeal rule #7, more information can be found here: http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com/vie ... 16&t=25650
The Super Soldier

Post by The Super Soldier »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I love listening to people fight! :mrgreen:

Return to “Off Topic”