Banned for Association (IMPORTANT)

This World 5 forum has been closed following the world closure.
Voninski

Banned for Association (IMPORTANT)

Post by Voninski »

Yesterday, I received a 3 day ban from Firefly. Knowing that I had only committed my usual sins, I sent in a support ticket.

I was told by the support admin that I was being investigated in conjunction with other members of my house for "gross violation" of the terms of use. I was being investigated for my "underlings" actions (yes they said underlings in the mail). I was clearly found to have done nothing wrong as they lifted my ban but they warned me that the actions of my housemates could lead to my permanent ban.

I cannot, nor can any other marshal or general, police the actions of my members when it comes to alts accounts, hacks, or bots. I have the power to declare war not to scan computers. Being a marshal is a part of the game that adds to the fun and organization but if I am to be banned for members (many of whom I do not even know yet) it makes a marshal ship a liability.

Firefly needs to come out with answers very quickly on this matter. Either put it in your rules that Marshals are accountable or that mess from yesterday needs to be fixed and not happen again.

-Von
Lord Alacrity

Re: Banned for Association (IMPORTANT)

Post by Lord Alacrity »

We're not asking you to police anyone's computer or to do anything at all. We're telling you that when we see a group of accounts cheating to benefit a house, you can bet that we are going to look at the house leader too. Encouraging others to break the rules or benefiting from it is not tolerated. Let's compare this to being the CEO of a company. If one of your executives steals a candy bar and gets arrested for shop lifting, chances are that you the CEO knew nothing about this and didn't direct the person to steal the candy bar, nothing is going to happen to you. If one of your executives and his whole division are cooking the books to be the next Enron, then you should probably expect to face some criminal charges.

To be totally clear:

We're NOT saying that if one member of your house is cheating you will be banned.

We ARE saying that if there is a large group of players in your house blatantly spawning dozens of dummy accounts to benefit the house, do not expect we will ignore you.
Oakan

Post by Oakan »

Now with added splash damage!
thekpd

Post by thekpd »

So that's how h9 got so big, so fast.
Ban em all!
Artemidalas

Post by Artemidalas »

um lol? why wuld u even post this? so basically you did NOT get banned because the admins decided you were just too clueless to know what was going on in your own house? that is total bs i demand that firefly actually ban you. if anyone believes you weren't in vent calling the shots i got a bridge they can buy.

OTJHER PLAYERS POST HERE IF YOU THINK HE SHULD GET BANNED NEWAYS
jess1sc

Post by jess1sc »

Oakan wrote:Image

Now with added splash damage!
some things shouldn't have splash damage.
thekpd

Post by thekpd »

oh hai jess :oops: :twisted:
POPCORNpro333

Post by POPCORNpro333 »

Not the only naughty thing Vons done too ;)
bukland

Post by bukland »

FF usually are enough prudent when they ban someone.
I guess to avoid to ban an innocent (in dubio pro reo)
If Lord Alacrity come here to explain the thing, it is possible there are really a Big amount of fake accounts.
A HM can ignore some fake or some cheating but I struggle to believe an HM do not knows anything about a large number of dummy accounts, everybody voting for him.

It is really annoying to see how many accounts spawn around when a war start. Mostly a single hut village, sending monks and votes only.

If someone is voted from 100 single hut players may be he can have a doubt about it.

To use the cheats made by other players is it not a cheat itself?
simplysound27

Post by simplysound27 »

I was fighting H19 and H1 and we were taking a bunch of villages from them both, so someone reported my girlfriends account that it was my alt account because we play from the same house and same computer sometimes..she has a mini computer and cant see all of the screen so she has to log in through my computer to upgrade or send mails to people....she filled out several tickets and complained...she even tried explaining different dates she played from other IP addresses and internet connections and two different credit cards that were used with different names...her account was banned after spending $30 in crowns...clearly could show this is two different accounts and SHK refused to bring her account back or refund her money.....this is ridiculous and in my opinion she should either get her account turned back on with free crowns for the mishap or refunded all the money she put into this game. SHk refuses to respond to her now and she sends tickets in constantly complaining still....this is ignorant....there has to be a way to prove that sometimes two people in the same house play the game and its legit....

As far as alt accounts that are legitimate there needs to be better screening for this because half of these houses and players wouldnt be so big if all their alt accounts were gone and it would level the playing field for everyone else

Return to “World 5 Lounge (Closed)”