a question about a parish steward

All discussion related to activity in World 7 should be posted here.
andreyguy

a question about a parish steward

Post by andreyguy »

hey guys, been playing for some time now and something that really * me off just happend,

a guy who was the parish steward since....i dunno, 3 months for now or so got * off when in the recent election i was elected to be the steward, he then attacked his own parish, stole all the gold and then re elected to be the parish steward again

question is, is that okay? i read the game rules and it doesnt say anything about it but it seems like a really terrible thing to do to your own parish
andreyguy

Re: a question about a parish steward

Post by andreyguy »

honestly i dont know, and it doesnt look like it is against the rules or anything
just saying it is simply bad behavior
SSJshenron

Post by SSJshenron »

As I understand it, only a capital army can raid another capital for gold. I'm a little confused here. Some people do tend to over react when someone so much of thinks of a parish without them as a steward though.
andreyguy

Post by andreyguy »

well thats not true then, he stole about 300k from the parish
SSJshenron

Post by SSJshenron »

Would anyone mind letting me know how you do that, Ive never seen that as a option for anything outside of capitals. Or perhaps share the log? Pretty please :).
Northumberand

Post by Northumberand »

I don't really understand the 'rightful steward' comment. Isn't the whole point that stewards are democratically elected? If the electors of the parish choose a new steward by voting for them, then they by definition are the rightful steward. I can understand someone being aggrieved if they got monked out, but if a majority of the villages in the parish want a new steward then that's their choice. Otherwise we're in a position where the first person in has a claim to the parish forever.
FORTKNOX.

Post by FORTKNOX. »

Northumberand wrote:I don't really understand the 'rightful steward' comment. Isn't the whole point that stewards are democratically elected? If the electors of the parish choose a new steward by voting for them, then they by definition are the rightful steward. I can understand someone being aggrieved if they got monked out, but if a majority of the villages in the parish want a new steward then that's their choice. Otherwise we're in a position where the first person in has a claim to the parish forever.
Thats why I left W-2. Everyone thought they owned the parish without majority votes. One player could have 1 village and be steward while another has 10 villages and not allowed to be steward even though they got majority votes

Politics in this game can be frustrating at times I agree Northumberland. I personally believe majority rules when it comes to votes and monks included ( thats the game ) .

Only true real solution . Join a local faction in the area and ask if there is a parish you can have in the region. Usually once the game is established and lands claimed by houses, only way to get a parish is when war breaks out and you capture an enemies parish
Veteran player of World-7 Exclusively

Return to “World 7 Lounge”