A bernds way of doing things ?

This World 5 forum has been closed following the world closure.
Adawulf

Re: A bernds way of doing things ?

Post by Adawulf »

Gerusalem is confused because there are monks and churches in the game. That makes him think that the game developers support his modern advocacy of religion and that it's OK to use the forum and the proclamation system in the game to solicit his faith. He's wrong.

But since I love a good debate and we haven't been locked yet, I'll offer my 2 cents.

I believe that Religion is a very bad thing. A fun thing in a game though maybe. But so is killing people and destroying villages. Fun in game, very bad in reality. Yes we like to use monks in the game, but we also like to murder people and raze villages. Does that make it OK for the real world?

All rational, ethical, moral people should be atheists. The atheists are the good guys. The vast majority of scientists are atheists and everyday you enjoy the fruits of our free minds. You are alive today due to the efforts of non-believers. If everyone in the world believed in god, it would be an awful place to live. Religious faith = ignorance.

It's religion that moves terrorists to kill people. Religion that infected the minds of the perpetrators on 9/11. Religion keeps people in ignorance and breeds intolerance and hate. The "war on terror" should be called the "war on religion" because it religious fanatacism that we're really fighting against but it's politically incorrect to call it that, because we might offend people like Gerusalem here.

Imagine what we might have discovered and accomplished by now but for religion hampering our every move? Consider how long it took Europe to figure out that the world wasn't flat, or how the solar system works, or cellular biology and disease? The Greeks knew the earth was round and actually estimated the circumference of the earth to a pretty good approximation simply by measuring the distance to the perceptible horizon on the Mediterranean and then factoring in the curvature of the earth. Christians burned most of the works of Ancient Greece and then rewrote them in ways that favored their religion. Plummeting Europe into what we called the "Dark Ages" The dark ages are directly tied to the rise of Christianity in Europe. Christianity as with all religions brings only ignorance and hatred to the world. The Church kept us in ignorance for centuries, and in many ways still does today.

Consider the poor ignorant wreches dying from the plague as they prayed to a nonexistant god. Imagine dying of a disease that could be easily cured in a more scientific society, and as you die you are talking to an imaginary friend you call jesus? Ironically, it is that very faith that contributed to the deaths of those poor wretches because it squelched the basic scientific discoveries that later cured it.

They didn't know about viruses, and the reason they didn't know is because the Church squelched the pursuit of knowledge and deliberately kept them in ignorance. It was an atheist who discovered microbiology and atheists who save lives where the religious destroy them.

Every day as you go to church and converse with your imaginary dear leader in the sky, you are enjoying the fruits and benefits that we atheists brought to the world. You should not be insulting these fine people, you should be thanking them. You would probably already be dead from some terrible disease but for the atheists who brought knowledge to the world and lifted us from the darkness of priests, churches, scripture and superstition.

Consider the millions of victims of the many inquisitions the Catholic church perpetrated on the world. Tortured and murdered because they didn't believe what the priests told them to believe. The church is responsible for inventing the most horrific forms of human torture. Most ancient torture devices were invented by men of faith, and used by believers to enforce their religions. Christianity was spread by terror and violence, not love. The modern watered-down "loving" version of Jesus is a relatively new thing. It was the fear of god, and the actual punishment of not believing that drove most of our European ancestors into the arms of the church, not love or kindness. If they didn't believe in *, they sure believed in the very real presence of the priests and their instruments of torture.

It is not a coincidence that modernly religion and child abuse go together like peanut butter and jelly. Why do so many priests molest kids? The same reason their ancient predecessors tortured them. Ignorance breeds cruelty.

Consider the Native American genocide, and other examples of genocide throughout history motivated by religion? That same bible you are quoting was held under the arm of many an expert in torture as people screamed for mercy. Religion fuels the sickest minds on earth. That book is not a good thing, it's a very, very bad thing.

The Christian faith is no different from Islam, Greek Gods, Norse Mythology or the thousands of other religions that have existed throughout history. None have any real evidence, all are false and their believers are all equally insane. It makes no difference if a religion only has 1 follower or 1 billion. Things do not become true simply because more people believe them. There is no sanity in numbers and you cannot prove that your god is any more “real” that Zeus or Allah.
Last edited by Adawulf on Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gerusalem

Post by Gerusalem »

Adawulf wrote:Gerusalem is confused because there are monks and churches in the game. That makes him think that the game developers support his modern advocacy of religion and that it's OK to use the forum and the proclamation system in the game to solicit his faith. He's wrong.
this once again is false
i dont care what Sk believes
i was having fun as well with the bernds as i have for the last 10 months
but it seems, by me pointing out things to open your mind alittle, has offended you

i dont believe in any of my proclamations theres was anyone trying to convert you.
i would never try such a thing, if anything it was to stir up interest in the game
since it was so boring, and lifeless. now if your offended because i believe in a God
and use this as my play in the game, I would hope all views are allowed as to be conducted in fun.
this is a game of many differnt kinds of people, i have gotten many emails calling me all kinds of names.
just because i choose to use the 12 tribes of isreal as factions, useing history isnt allowed?
you will not have to worry about me , shining My GOD in your eyes.
i am quiting, but i would like to clear up, so i can go tell all, that you cant play SK, if your going to be differnt?
Jerusalem is a castle with no king.
thats my screename and thats how i play the game.
I thought this was a social site castle builder, where people could be themselves and have fun.
but it seems you can only be athiest and harrass people?
right now im getting emailed on another game that isnt related to this one.
and the peoples names are called bernds, so harrassing me just tells me, i am somehow convicting your heart.
passing links around and posting names in parishes saying its me.
look your upset because why? why are sooooo many upset?
lol

Lighten up ! im quiting so now you can go back to your exciting lives.
and i can go tell everyone , what ive learned from the game.
so we all win.

so now like i said before , go practise religion on W5, the smart ones know what i mean.
the others will have to spend countless hours of there lives figuring it out lol
Geru of the Lightians

Peace from your center !
Gerusalem

Post by Gerusalem »

oh yes another thing, it has came to my attention, the bernds have made a bunch of accouts in a virtual world
where i have been a member for 5 years, i will say this, harrassing me in other games
wont stop me from doing what i do, i deal with much worse daily.
i didnt know Sorn was a guy? anyways, if you continue to make accounts in my virtual world.
your more then welcome to use my affiliate link, i get paid for it.
and on another note, instead of searching all over the internet,
and posting links of someone you think i am.
all over parish walls, all you have to do is ask me, ill tell you who i am.

links on parish wall cant be copied.

I am proud that i have stirred you up so much, that since im quiting this game, your going to move to other games im on.
Welcome bernds, Welcome to my world.
finally i out number you lol
Geru of the Lightians

Peace from your center !
Bernhard Bernfried

Post by Bernhard Bernfried »

Gerusalem wrote:Sorn was a guy?
It is spelled sorm. S - O - R - M. And he is a wonderful young lady.
The guy with 60 alts called "bernd something"
Ludwig von Bernd

Post by Ludwig von Bernd »

Gerusalem wrote: i didnt know Sorn was a guy? anyways,
SORM is a nice, young girl, but that is none of your concern.

Return to “World 5 Lounge (Closed)”