THE CRUSADE BEGINS!

This World 5 forum has been closed following the world closure.
Blitzenn

Re: THE CRUSADE BEGINS!

Post by Blitzenn »

@Fluffy - I didn't take any credit, lmao. I just pointed out that the color has changed. You read between lines and came to your own conclusions and they are pretty far off base actually.

While we are there though; you can't force players, factions or houses to do your bidding. We don't and can't force anyone to do anything (nor would we try). Its their choice and they choose to fight on the side where they are respected, where grudges are not held against people because they fought against us in the past, where even that is heralded as a awesome thing. We even share stories of beating each other up in the past. They choose what they do, where they go and how they do it. More power to them! That's what this whole game is about.

House 9 can't get traction with other houses because the tales told about House 1 are so far off base. Everyone knows it but the people drinking to Kool-Aid in House 9. No one wants to play with peeps who make stuff up to make themselves look better or the enemy look worse. People ask themselves how long it will be before they are at the end of those made up stories. I actually respect the players in House 9. They compromise some of the best fighting we have had to date. You can see that in the see-saw of parishes, counties and so on. It actually makes the game more enjoyable to play. I would rather play than spin stories about how horrible the opponent is.

Say what you want about winning, the game is won, by the standards of the creators and owners, by the names on the Wall of Fame at the end of the First Age. Any other measurement is arbitrary and fictitious. I intend on playing the game to win and that means being in power at the end of the First Age. I am not going to play it to farm forever or feed into someones ego about how many cards they buy. I don't care. I play to win, and so do my teammates. The absolute fact is, we (House 1) can win it now by simply stalling House 9 out right now. Seems to be that we are doing pretty well in that regard.
AFluffyNinjax

Post by AFluffyNinjax »

@Blitzenn

Yeah you're right about the whole taking credit thing, but Mooney did... haha so that's still valid, just not at you.

You have a whole house of Myrmidons and a whole house of BI. So technically you do have those two houses under your complete control.

Both sides have told lies about the other... I try to back up what I say with facts or at least only claim things I know, as much as I can personally... Everyone should.

So you'll be trying to complete the second age as quickly as possible also and run the world into extinction. Glad you think of victory that way... I'd rather fight for years and have fun beating players instead of destroying the world... But again... an opinion thing.
Voninski

Post by Voninski »

Adawulf...once again you show your incredible stupidity.

Kirkcud was H9 before the war. Kinross has been H9 since before the H19 war (3months ago) Same with Forfar. Perthshire was H9 before this war.

You are not even spreading propaganda; you are spreading stupidity. You are just sooooo wrong everytime you speak.

Also, parishes don't matter....they give 4 glory. Counties matter, Governors matter, Kings matter. And guess what...we have a surplus of those. Not even sure what to do with them.

Again, Adawulf you are stupid. That is a fact. You are very unintelligent.

-Von
Blitzenn

Post by Blitzenn »

AFluffyNinjax wrote:@Blitzenn
So you'll be trying to complete the second age as quickly as possible also and run the world into extinction. Glad you think of victory that way... I'd rather fight for years
I just can't wrap my head around that way of thinking of it. I don't see the point in playing if there is no goal. The goal to the game is clearly described by the creators. Why would anyone think otherwise? You can't start a game, decide you want to change the goal of it (so it suits your personal desires) and expect people are going to want to abandon their reason for starting to play to begin with too. Going into the second age is 'essentially' a reset (to find the simplest terms to express it in), it gives all of the other players a grand opportunity to make their place and not have someone who held territory before to have any advantage over them. Why wouldn't they also want it to get to that point? The only advantage to delay is for those who want to perpetually squash lesser players for fun and no purpose. That's the most ugly way to play that I can think of.

I respect the people I fight. Its a game and good players are cool to play with and against. I don't want to delay the end for both my advantage and to give everyone else a fair shake too. I have a purpose for fighting other than to simply show you I am a bigger bully. When I am done fighting you, I will ask you to join the fray on my side if you fought well. How is that an evil stance at all? Its what the game was meant to be and I have made and continue to make a lot of great friends along the way because of it.
Mooneyhammer

Post by Mooneyhammer »

No need to be hostile. In fact I prefer civility when dealing with the uninformed. H19 is not invading anything in Ireland. Those are all arranged and given to people that are allies to H1. H19 has been restructured with their prior fall from glory and have since become allies. Nothing really more to say or direct there. In fact, one could argue that H19 has become better at slowing and or stopping the glory race without even fighting H1 at this point which H9 cannot even begin to claim.

Voninski is correct in the fact that H9 is currently doing everything they can to maintain their holdings that they had before the war which they have steadily lost even that. They are not targeting high priority targets such as kings or governors and thus far even your own arguments prove where your intentions lie. You are arguing that you gained Perthshire, Kirkcud, and a plethora of other Scottish Counties. I would tell you that you have lost Strathclyde which is worth more Glory than all of those counties combined and on top of that you are still only targeting Scottish territories.

This is not a crusade. You would do well to rename your thread to 'The Backstabbing and Deceit to prepare for the second age because we lost the first age begins!'
Adawulf

Post by Adawulf »

Well congratz on capturing the Isle Of Wight. I guess we should surrender now :lol:
AFluffyNinjax

Post by AFluffyNinjax »

Mooneyhammer wrote:Voninski is correct in the fact that H9 is currently doing everything they can to maintain their holdings that they had before the war which they have steadily lost even that.
Lol'd. Cut out the double standards man! Not fooling anyone...
Mooneyhammer wrote: I would tell you that you have lost Strathclyde
We never had Strathclyde we took it from you and it's flipped back. It'll be white again I suspect. Do you even know anything that's going on?
Blitzenn wrote:The only advantage to delay is for those who want to perpetually squash lesser players for fun and no purpose
The only reason to complete the glory round is to bring about the second age. Which will in turn bring us to the third age and the end of world 5. Rendering the world a dwindling wasteland until the player numbers are low enough for it to be shutdown. I'd rather fight you, and anyone else who'll put up a good fight... and when one of us are beaten, rebuild and fight again... If Glory is what gets you excited then I suppose what you're doing is the right thing... but what fun is it if you're just controlling the world and not having to fight for it? Serious question.
Blitzenn wrote: I have a purpose for fighting other than to simply show you I am a bigger bully. When I am done fighting you, I will ask you to join the fray on my side if you fought well. How is that an evil stance at all?
When I said I'd rather keep fighting, I don't mean people who are weaker than I. Didn't say you were evil either, don't think that.
Highlander89

Post by Highlander89 »

He's back from Vaca.

BURN him!!! :lol:

JaxiTaxi

Post by JaxiTaxi »

AFluffyNinjax wrote: The only reason to complete the glory round is to bring about the second age. Which will in turn bring us to the third age and the end of world 5. Rendering the world a dwindling wasteland until the player numbers are low enough for it to be shutdown. I'd rather fight you, and anyone else who'll put up a good fight... and when one of us are beaten, rebuild and fight again... If Glory is what gets you excited then I suppose what you're doing is the right thing... but what fun is it if you're just controlling the world and not having to fight for it? Serious question.
It's asinine to assume that stagnation will "save" this world. Games evolve, and move on. Keeping this world in stasis will do nothing but throw it into a vegetative state, at least House 1 is willing to recognize how that can be damaging to the world as well. Yes, if we continue to go down this path eventually this server will run its' course, but to assume stalling this world is a better alternative is absurd. I would rather take the rewards for playing on this world, and move to a new themed world (yes, they did mention a European map) with different rules and try something new.

Your House made up its mind about the second age long before it even began. You gave it no opportunity to present itself, and now that is has you stick with your confirmation bias. Such resistance to change is unhealthy.

As for your question, we've fought for every inch, and we still fight for it. We didn't get to this point by not enjoying a fight.
AFluffyNinjax

Post by AFluffyNinjax »

JaxiTaxi wrote: It's asinine to assume that stagnation will "save" this world. Games evolve, and move on. Keeping this world in stasis will do nothing but throw it into a vegetative state, at least House 1 is willing to recognize how that can be damaging to the world as well. Yes, if we continue to go down this path eventually this server will run its' course, but to assume stalling this world is a better alternative is absurd. I would rather take the rewards for playing on this world, and move to a new themed world (yes, they did mention a European map) with different rules and try something new.

Your House made up its mind about the second age long before it even began. You gave it no opportunity to present itself, and now that is has you stick with your confirmation bias. Such resistance to change is unhealthy.

As for your question, we've fought for every inch, and we still fight for it. We didn't get to this point by not enjoying a fight.
Question wasn't for you. Directed at Blitzenn, but thanks for answering on his behalf... I'm sure he'll just say whatever you said now. But I was trying to talk to someone who's been at least reasonable in his communications.

You quote the rewards for this world and the chance of a european map and all the other stuff that admins and mods say, and then say it's unreasonable to "save" the world. But, funnily enough, that's exactly what several mods and admins have said you can do, so no, it isn't asinine. You're just being arrogant.

Both decisions have their advantages and disadvantages, your cries that you are right and everyone else is wrong is just conceited... I'll stop replying to you now. But I don't mind most of the rest of you. :]

Return to “World 5 Lounge (Closed)”