W7 is a carding joke or what?

All discussion related to activity in World 7 should be posted here.
Baldwin Bernd

Re: W7 is a carding joke or what?

Post by Baldwin Bernd »

freewill wrote:Well, they've lost this paying player as a result of this. I had been buying premium tokens over the past 2 months, and even spent a few dollars here and there on crowns to get to a step before having to logout and allow things to happen during my off time etc. I seen world 7 start and I was like cool, a fresh start.

2nd day and my parish is being attacked by people that are extremely higher level. They started a mere 14 hours ahead of the people in my parish, and it's even WORSE than what I experienced on my previous world because there is nobody to really keep it in check. There are 2 factions now, and of course all they do is use everyone else as flag feeders.

I spent a decent amount of time getting just 1 building in my parish, which took awhile as the rest of the people in my parish. Trying to make even 100g for the next flag hasn't happened, not that it matters because my parish has no flags.

Just plain ridiculous that this game is 100% unfettered pay to win. I'm quitting and I'll be complaining to steam to have this game removed.

Glad this world opened my eyes to the reality, that's the only positive thing I can say about it.
I had been buying gas over the past 2 months, and even spent a few dollars here and there on tires and suspension to get a decent riding experience and allow my car to stay on the road during hoarfrost etc. I seen new highways construction start and I was like cool, a fresh start.

2nd day and my old ford is being outraced by cars that are extremely higher speed. They started a mere 14 feet ahead of the cars in my traffic flow, and it's even WORSE than what I experienced on my previous highway because there is nobody to really keep it in check. There are 2 popular supercar models now, and of course all they do is use everyone else as obstacle.
I spent a decent amount of time getting just 30 mph speed, which took awhile as the rest of the people in my flow. Trying to make past second light hasn't happened, not that it matters because I am stuck in traffic jam right now.

Just plain ridiculous that this transport system is 100% unfettered pay to ride. I'm selling my car and I'll be complaining to the ministry of transport to have cars removed.

Glad this new highway opened my eyes to the reality, that's the only positive thing I can say about it.
Strength through unity
Unity through faith
Baldwin Bernd

Post by Baldwin Bernd »

Jeez what have I just read.
Bunch of whiny babies. I am carding myself but I am not a HEAVY carder(I have 2k cards, 1k crowns) because you need to be wise about using cards as well, not because it costs money, I don't know how much money some player spends on this game and I don't care, but because it affects your gaming efficiency as a player. You can do the same without cards or using 10 cards, you can destroy castle with 5 armies or with 10 armies. The more effective you are at this game the better player you are and that includes carding.
I like this game because carding here doesn't make a god from you unlike other F2P which I've never played because of aforementioned reason. This is the first F2P game I played ever because I always played P2P games like EVE or WOW.
And the reason is being - you can be successful with or without carding. Firefly gives you free cards from many sources and if you are SMART it's enough to keep your gaming experience enjoyable.
Yes, sometimes you need cards. It helps BUT your gaming skills is what make you a good player. If you cannot allow cards then don't try to race with people who can, it's not a sprint here it's a marathon. Someone who bought a bunch of cards but was never a good player will rush from the start and burnout near the end because he has no experience in this game and no skills. Someone who doesn't card will take lot of time to build up but in the late game he will be more important player because he is more skillful and experienced.
I personally know players who started new world, rushed from the start by carding their s off and they ended up nowhere once the rest of the players catched up to them. They ended up being irrelevant farmers and quit the world to go to new one and start over. And I see some of those people here on w7 as well and I already know where they willend. If the person is a heavy carder it will require more skills to raze him and it will be more challenging as well, but if you lack skills and cannot stand the challenge it's your own problem and you should blame yourself.
Most skillful players including myself developed certain tactics against carding targets.
Again, carding helps, that's true. Carding plus your own skills make you very, very strong player. And you will never be as successful if you lack one of the parts of the equation. You need to be both. But even then like I said even if you can't spend the money you can still get cards to use when it's really necessary. But if you are bad at the game no money will buy you skill.
So at the end of the day most of complaints about carding come from not very active and skillful players and so they can be neglected by people who REALLY play this game. And those who do can invest 50 dollars to get 1k cards(people spend a whole lot more money on some casual and SP games in steam just because it's 25% OFF SALE OFFER), if you are smart that will be enough to keep you running for several months.
Strength through unity
Unity through faith
Th3Tux94

Post by Th3Tux94 »

A prince at Day 26 hehe.
Alpha 4 - S.R.B. - Serve the Right and Bold
World 4 - The Assembly - Guardians of the Empire
World 7 - TA Leicestershire - Keepin it Moist
Baldwin Bernd

Post by Baldwin Bernd »

Hey mate I am commoner but I am not worried about that :)
I will be a prince sooner or later as well. Everyone will. Infact I think I will remain knight - earl on w7, low-level fighters are extremely mobile and priceless for burning villages
Strength through unity
Unity through faith
freewill

Post by freewill »

Baldwin Bernd wrote: I had been buying gas over the past 2 months, and even spent a few dollars here and there on tires and suspension to get a decent riding experience and allow my car to stay on the road during hoarfrost etc. I seen new highways construction start and I was like cool, a fresh start.

2nd day and my old ford is being outraced by cars that are extremely higher speed. They started a mere 14 feet ahead of the cars in my traffic flow, and it's even WORSE than what I experienced on my previous highway because there is nobody to really keep it in check. There are 2 popular supercar models now, and of course all they do is use everyone else as obstacle.
I spent a decent amount of time getting just 30 mph speed, which took awhile as the rest of the people in my flow. Trying to make past second light hasn't happened, not that it matters because I am stuck in traffic jam right now.

Just plain ridiculous that this transport system is 100% unfettered pay to ride. I'm selling my car and I'll be complaining to the ministry of transport to have cars removed.

Glad this new highway opened my eyes to the reality, that's the only positive thing I can say about it.
GAME.

It's a GAME.

It's not real life, it's a GAME.

Do you know what a GAME is?

Even the most competitive GAMES in the world are all about putting everyone on equal ground. Because it's a GAME.
Baldwin Bernd

Post by Baldwin Bernd »

What's a game?
Real world is a game too, with slightly different graphics and slightly more boring gameplay. And without save\load too :lol:
Strength through unity
Unity through faith
dobbles81

Post by dobbles81 »

i haven't played w7 but was very active on w6 when it launched as i was unemployed at the time and had all kinds of time to play each day. i also am not a carder, i have invested 16 dollars total in this game over the course of 9 months and that was so i could get the max 14 cards a week. (which is totally worth it to have a solid card base)

what i think needs to be said here is that the carding advantage is most noticeable at the beginning of the world. once the world stabalizes after a month or two, its so much less of an issue. there are 2 great examples in w6 that show even the worst carders out there are no better than regular people. in w6, there was a player named prok. he was a super heavy carder. was a top 10 guy really early on. well one day, the houses he was at war with decided to hit him. they reset all of his villages within 2 hours. they took a top 10 guy down to scrub in 120 minutes. they used their coordination and smarts to beat him. prok was so upset he rage quit the game forever. all that money went for nothing... the other example is one that you w7 guys will find important: lord dominion. from what i am told he is one of the people that carded his way to the top 10 in w7 as well. he did the same thing on w6. was a top player for the first couple months. but he was so good at making people hate him, over the next couple months, he got pushed all the way to the corner of the map in the western isles. he was a non factor. his house and faction were lost. and he was spending major dollars on a daily basis and still was getting owned.

the point i am making is that even though i HATE carding as much as just about anyone, as long as you are patient in this game, the playing field is much more level. sure, its frustrating knowing that players can card their research tree complete in a month and it takes like a whole year the legit way. but, in the end, if you have a good team of smart and active players, you will come out on top in this game.
Uvon

Post by Uvon »

@dobbles81

Great examples! I agree with everything you said, except for the comment about hating carding as much as "anyone". Carding is part of the game and I don't think most players hate it. If it weren't for carding there would not be a game :)

Your examples demonstrate the basic idea that any good group of non-carders can always beat even the biggest carder as long as they work together. Carding is really not all that big a deal. IMO, it's just something for people to whine about.
Uvon - World 4 / World 7

Return to “World 7 Lounge”