W7 is a carding joke or what?

All discussion related to activity in World 7 should be posted here.
freewill

Re: W7 is a carding joke or what?

Post by freewill »

Uvon wrote:freewill, you are focusing on such a narrow aspect of the game when making your complaints about pay2win. There is so much more too it than just racking up points on the leader board or being able to dominate another player individually. You are missing the whole point of the game in my opinion.
I don't really have anykind of dillusions that I would have actually reached the top of the leaderboard, or even about the significance of the leaderboard. It's about being on fair ground between all players, and that is simply not present in this game.

While the leaderboards and such are a measurement of things, the actual use of pay2win features does in fact have an impact on the smaller and more general aspects of the game. For example on this world I had started out with a premium account, managed to work myself up to being the leader of a parish, and was actively trying to build up my parish. That general experience was itself ruined by pay2win players. We started out with 2 flags, I was able to use 1 of those flags due to lack of money, and the next day I wake up to find that another player who is already higher level than I was after a month on a previous world came in and stole the last flag. These types of things have a snowball effect, and completely took away my desire to play the game at all. I promptly quit the game and haven't looked back.
freewill

Post by freewill »

TheQuixote wrote:
Uvon wrote:I would also prefer to have a subscription server but I think "no card" is not exactly the way to go since cards are integral to many aspects of the game's strategy. I think they should have a server with a monthly subscription fee, and for that, you get constant premium, plus a certain number of card packs per month with no ability to buy more. This would put everyone on a level playing field and elevate strategy and cooperation as more important requirements to succeed.
Cards are fine as long as they are given out equally and are truly tactical in nature. Cards that exist to work around painfully slow progression or bad game mechanics could be removed with the slow progression and poor mechanics.

The game could be gated solely around honor progression and resources, no need for all the other gating mechanics like taking a month to build a castle, 10 hours to build single buildings etc.
It's nice to see other people who are able to understand and admit the problem.

I personally didn't have a problem with paying for a premium account. I believe the people who spend the effort on making the game should be paid. The issue is when the getting paid mechanic of a game has a direct effect on the gameplay itself.

As long as things were even I wouldn't have an issue with things.

I myself came very close to paying more money in response to what happened in this world. Luckily for me something in the back of my head kind of slapped me a bit and said - DUDE WTH ARE YOU THINKING? $100 for a game that is pay2win are you nuts!!!! So I just quit instead.
metroman

Post by metroman »

Fullerc8 wrote:
trollmonger wrote:I find this stream and argument rediculous. If you are complaining that your ability to enjoy the game is ruined by those who take advantage using money. Life is all about finding ways to better oneself in every aspect some chose an easier course others work hard and or smarted to better themselves and as always there will be those that but there way to the top. It has been that way since the bgining of man and is still used in the world of politics, business, and society today. If you want a game like Life ie any simulation game including this one then you have to expect that and figure out how you fit and get along. If not then don't play any game with another Human Being because it will always be that in some manner of speaking.

On short that is Life deal with it one way or another and quit whining. :D
Quite possibly the best post I've ever read here, free silk and spices for you sir.

Where about are you located?
LOL! And that from the one who is begging the County to drop Taxes....
Fullerc8

Post by Fullerc8 »

Didn't beg. And even if I did beg, there was still no reason to be charging x9 taxes on day 2 or 3 whatever it was.

And why would you even track me down just to say that?
Th3Tux94

Post by Th3Tux94 »

A prince at Day 26 hehe.
Alpha 4 - S.R.B. - Serve the Right and Bold
World 4 - The Assembly - Guardians of the Empire
World 7 - TA Leicestershire - Keepin it Moist
freewill

Post by freewill »

Baldwin Bernd wrote: I had been buying gas over the past 2 months, and even spent a few dollars here and there on tires and suspension to get a decent riding experience and allow my car to stay on the road during hoarfrost etc. I seen new highways construction start and I was like cool, a fresh start.

2nd day and my old ford is being outraced by cars that are extremely higher speed. They started a mere 14 feet ahead of the cars in my traffic flow, and it's even WORSE than what I experienced on my previous highway because there is nobody to really keep it in check. There are 2 popular supercar models now, and of course all they do is use everyone else as obstacle.
I spent a decent amount of time getting just 30 mph speed, which took awhile as the rest of the people in my flow. Trying to make past second light hasn't happened, not that it matters because I am stuck in traffic jam right now.

Just plain ridiculous that this transport system is 100% unfettered pay to ride. I'm selling my car and I'll be complaining to the ministry of transport to have cars removed.

Glad this new highway opened my eyes to the reality, that's the only positive thing I can say about it.
GAME.

It's a GAME.

It's not real life, it's a GAME.

Do you know what a GAME is?

Even the most competitive GAMES in the world are all about putting everyone on equal ground. Because it's a GAME.
dobbles81

Post by dobbles81 »

i haven't played w7 but was very active on w6 when it launched as i was unemployed at the time and had all kinds of time to play each day. i also am not a carder, i have invested 16 dollars total in this game over the course of 9 months and that was so i could get the max 14 cards a week. (which is totally worth it to have a solid card base)

what i think needs to be said here is that the carding advantage is most noticeable at the beginning of the world. once the world stabalizes after a month or two, its so much less of an issue. there are 2 great examples in w6 that show even the worst carders out there are no better than regular people. in w6, there was a player named prok. he was a super heavy carder. was a top 10 guy really early on. well one day, the houses he was at war with decided to hit him. they reset all of his villages within 2 hours. they took a top 10 guy down to scrub in 120 minutes. they used their coordination and smarts to beat him. prok was so upset he rage quit the game forever. all that money went for nothing... the other example is one that you w7 guys will find important: lord dominion. from what i am told he is one of the people that carded his way to the top 10 in w7 as well. he did the same thing on w6. was a top player for the first couple months. but he was so good at making people hate him, over the next couple months, he got pushed all the way to the corner of the map in the western isles. he was a non factor. his house and faction were lost. and he was spending major dollars on a daily basis and still was getting owned.

the point i am making is that even though i HATE carding as much as just about anyone, as long as you are patient in this game, the playing field is much more level. sure, its frustrating knowing that players can card their research tree complete in a month and it takes like a whole year the legit way. but, in the end, if you have a good team of smart and active players, you will come out on top in this game.

Return to “World 7 Lounge”