Long Research Times

If you’re new to Stronghold Kingdoms or have a question about the game, check here for useful advice.
Trila

Long Research Times

Post by Trila »

Do alot of people just quit once their research times get long?

I am at about 4 1/2 hours per research right now and 5 1/1 hours for village build times.

Just do not see myself hanging around for to long with the trend I am seeing.
DannyOla

Re: Long Research Times

Post by DannyOla »

Hello Trila,

In order to reduce the time it takes for research to complete you should consider fully researching mathematics under the education tab.

Kind Regards,

DannyOla
Xolotl

Post by Xolotl »

My research seems to be slowing down now, at first at increases rapidly, but I don't seem to have researches that last more than a day, it's like they approach it, but never reach it.

Of course this could be wrong, and I do not have full mathematics research, but it just seems to take the same amount each day to research something.

Xolotl
Ex-General in H5 - W2
Ex-Marshall of H14 - W3

You know, every "good" MMO has an engaging and active ingame chat. SHK doesn't. Does that tell you something?
burst1

Post by burst1 »

I'm at around 30 hours research time and 1d+ build time in most of my villages. You get use to the long waiting times :)
countjimula

Post by countjimula »

Long research times is one of the equalizers that reduces the advantage to heavy carders and long hour players.
We need more incentives to help prevent one house world rule in this game!

Thread here:
http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com/vie ... 16&t=24768
thekpd

Post by thekpd »

Yeah, my researches are about 28 hours, and almost every village I have is 24 hours + construction time. thats with everything maxed time wise :(

There are PLENTY of other things to do in this game, besides just wait for research.
MOARCOWBELL

Post by MOARCOWBELL »

A premium token and use of the research queue can help.

There is a really tough point to get through in the game at the lower-mid level ranks. When you are new you can find something to do while on-line, when you are higher rank and built up you can find a lot to do, or just simply check in for a few minutes a few times a day.

In the middle it can be tough. Seems like you are always wishing for a few more things researched to help here or there, more scouts, faster scouts, more merchants, faster merchants, better build times, larger stockpile. And if you have a few hours available it seems like you can't even utilize it all. A few minutes and then what?

I got through this time with a premium token. About the same time I needed a 3rd village. I swore when I started I wasn't going to spend money but there were so many benefits. I bought the deluxe pack and it saved me. The 30 day premium got me through that tough period. Once the research gets over about 18 hours it isn't so bad if you log on about the same time everyday just click what you want to forget about it till tomorrow.
thekpd

Post by thekpd »

Yep, the premium token is awesome, you can go to bed wake up and find 5 researches completely done :)
I was banging thru 10 researches a day, for a few weeks with a premium token.

Now, the researches are so long that I'm usually online when the research is done.

But like I said before.... there are tons of other things to be doing than waiting for reseach/building ques. Scout stashes, buy/sell at markets, attack AI wolf lairs ect.
MOARCOWBELL

Post by MOARCOWBELL »

thekpd wrote:
But like I said before.... there are tons of other things to be doing than waiting for reseach/building ques. Scout stashes, buy/sell at markets, attack AI wolf lairs ect.
I think you are to far removed from the mid-low level of free play.

There several ranks where everything really slows down, and if you are only one once a day and have say 2 hours to kill there is just not that much to do. Buildings take 3 hours, research takes 4 hours, scouts and merchants carry to little and travel to slow. If you spawned into an established world/parish your troops cant handle 3/4's of the wolf lairs and bandit camps.

Researching into those is the answer yes but at the mid-low level it is just really difficult. I remember very vividly the choice between finally spending money and quitting because it felt like more than 20 minutes on-line was a waste. I chose then to spend some money. I also had the benefit to have the game running in the back ground all day so I could just pop in for a few minutes every hour or so and do stuff.

When you are new to the game there is so much to do to stay busy. When you are higher ranked and developed there is a lot to do. Lower-middle ranks it can be tough.
All I can say is a small crown purchase puts you into the 7 cards / week area which is very nice if you only log in once a day. It also gives you the 30 day token which REALLY helps get through those lower-middle ranks. After that I haven't felt additional money needs to be spent... always tempted and probably very close to putting down another purchase but I still don't feel its NEEDED.
JaySharky

Post by JaySharky »

I honestly don't think there was ever a slow time for me in this game. There is always something to do. Moving resources from one village to another, coordinating attacks with faction members, talking to people and helping them, working on your castle to improve defenses, scouting, figuring out what you want to build next, faction mail, what you want to research next, observing enemy activity, donating to the parish to upgrade guilds, I seriously can keep going here. Its insane. I don't know how people come on for a few minutes a day.

I log on and expect to spend an hour and 3 hours later I realize just how much time has gone by. I have 5 villages now, but its always felt busy to me, even when I only had 1 village.

Return to “Game Help”