It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:57 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 reasons why I am quitting SK. 

Post Re: reasons why I am quitting SK.
Ystap wrote:

3)more players quit this game each week than those joining... what does that say? SK will go belly up

Really? The numbers I'm looking at would seem to indicate otherwise. As far as the game going "belly up" I think if you go back far enough you'll see that people have been predicting this since World 1 opened. Yet, strangely, more and more people are joining and we're up to 11 live game worlds.

I've edited the title of this thread for accuracy.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:25 pm

Quote:
reasons why I am quitting SK.

I would like to point out that even Firefly calls this game SHK, it happened in the news. So SHK does appear to be the official acronym for Stronghold Kingdoms, not SK. :geek: 8-)

ImageImage

Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:18 pm
Profile WWW

IMO, if you want to remain neutral in this game it comes with a price. You can't expect to hold a capital office position (Steward, Sheriff, etc...) and expect not to get caught up in the politics of the World you play in. As dominate Factions/Houses, began to expand and increase in strength that translates into gaining capital control, and neutral capitals can become affected! Neutral means neutral...control of nothing but the village(s) you own! Even obtaining a LL or Vassal that is tied to a Faction/House is not neutral because if war breaks out among established Factions/Houses...vassals can become targeted, as a strategy of war! Meaning targeting your enemies vassals is a good way to hamper his/her ability to attack!

I think the game is designed to encourage players not to be neutral but to join factions and ultimately houses because the game is designed on the premise of conflict! This is not "Farmville." At lower levels remaining neutral is easy but as individual players began to ascend in level it becomes harder and harder to remain neutral! The only solution is to join a faction with "like minded" members...as the game probably intended!

Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:56 pm

Post Re: reasons why players are quitting SK.
Jeremiah wrote:
Enigma5991 wrote:

Again, get used to it.

Wow, what a way to talk... :roll:

;)

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:04 pm

Lord Alacrity wrote:
Ystap wrote:

3)more players quit this game each week than those joining... what does that say? SK will go belly up

Really? The numbers I'm looking at would seem to indicate otherwise. As far as the game going "belly up" I think if you go back far enough you'll see that people have been predicting this since World 1 opened. Yet, strangely, more and more people are joining and we're up to 11 live game worlds.

So how come Western Isles, Co. Durham, East Yorkshire and Devon have not been opened up? If the number of players on w3 have continually increased, then these counties should have been opened long ago.

However, the last counties before these to open up were open after like 2/3 weeks (Hard to remember that far back, if someone has accurate data to show when the last county opened up please say) after the world started. Now, it is like 35 weeks, and no change to the map.

Xolotl

You know, every "good" MMO has an engaging and active ingame chat. SHK doesn't. Does that tell you something?

Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:14 am

Kind of a bit late to reply, but as someone who was present during this and still has the mail in his archive, the former Legion faction leader Tactical Taco went full retard at H12 leadership. The former sheriff "Lord Baconstrips" wasn't using the post to any effect and leadership decided to put Big Hoss in the post. Legion leadership ignored every requests to talk about it in advance and ignored it until things came to a head. The end result was Tactical Taco going full retard, people leaving H5 to join factions we were at war with and getting razed.

Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:27 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3