Cancel outgoing trades

This forum is for bugs, crash reports and error messages encountered when attempting to install or run the game.
TheTall

Cancel outgoing trades

Post by TheTall »

I haven't seen this come up, so I've missed it or it has been answered, but I wish you could cancel trades like you cancel troops, captains, and scouts. On accident I have sold stuff to markets way on the other side of the county and end up having to wait two hours for my merchants to come back. Wish that once I realize the mistake that I could cancel the trade and recall them.

pall

Re: Cancel outgoing trades

Post by pall »

This is more a suggestion than a bug.

It have been this way since the beginning of the game. I doubt it will be changed.

But I agree with you it would be nice to cancel. There are so many issues with doing so. There have been numerous threads about this.

TheTall

Post by TheTall »

understand it is an issue, but it is annoying. Or maybe just make the tab in the market sale menu default to your parish market every time so accidental sales to far away places don't happen.

Merepatra

Post by Merepatra »

This idea has been suggested countless times through the alphas but it won't be implemented with the current trade system because of how the market system works. The price for goods is dependent on how much stock is in the market, if you could cancel trade carts it would lead to huge exploits where players would be able to sell a lot of stuff and push the price right down then buy it at the low price then cancel the selling carts. So to avoid this exploit the choice really is between
1 - not being able to recall carts but knowing the real price I will get/pay for goods before I send my carts and
2 - being able to recall carts but not knowing the real price until my carts make the long trip there and then being stuck with whatever it is.

I know I would rather have option 1 and the designers appear to agree.

NoMerc

Post by NoMerc »

You should be able to fix it so if you recall them, you lose what ever you are trading without an affect on the market. This why no one can crash the markets.

It should be the same with the monks too, if you recall them you still get charged the faith points.

If you cannot put in a recall can you add in a pop up if the carts are going to be going out over 1 or 2 hours one way, like ask if you want to do this?

It would also be great to put the same pop up on the castle deletes, let you select what you want to delete then confirm it.

Return to “Technical Help”