SHK and 4K resolution

This forum is for bugs, crash reports and error messages encountered when attempting to install or run the game.
YungBlood

Re: SHK and 4K resolution

Post by YungBlood »

Lord Benevolent wrote:Yes, that is indeed quite smallI don't have information at the time regarding fixes for this issue, but it's something we're aware of, given the growing trends towards 4k screens. At the moment, the only solution is the one mentioned by YungBlood, namely changing your desktop resolution before starting the game.
And you guys thought I was joking.
Its what I do before launching the game.
Desktop resolution.
Image Image
Esoteric Paradigm

Post by Esoteric Paradigm »

I don't find that changing the screen resolution is any help for SHK on the Samsung Galaxy TabPro S - that was the first thing I tried
Esoteric Paradigm

Lord Benevolent wrote:May I ask how you are running the game on your tablet?
Just in normal windows mode (Windows 10)
Esoteric Paradigm

My laptop screen resolution is 2160x1440
tray

Post by tray »

I do not find changing the resolution to help either. Still VERY small and almost impossible to read messages or anything in game.
YungBlood

Post by YungBlood »

Wish there was another option to try, currently Stronghold Kingdoms does not have any in-game graphics options so there is no way to change the resolution in-game.

I play on an Ultra Wide monitor set to 2560x1080 and the game looks fine for me. Same for my laptop when at work or on the go, still looks good.

I would suggest just playing with the desktop resolution and seeing if that will change anything for you guys. May be different being on a tablet.
Image Image
Esoteric Paradigm

It's not just the screen resolution that is the problem - it is the screen resolution together with the screen size.
On a larger screen the very high resolutions are fine but on smaller but high resolution screens in windows it is a mess to say the least.
On my tab pro s I cannot find a workable resolution - the game just does not scale properly at all.
Must be a basic flaw in the way the game is coded and since they aren't even coding it for windows phones I don't see much chance of it being addressed.
Esoteric Paradigm

Got SHK working ok now on my tab pro S - set screen res to 1280x800 and needed a reboot for SHK to recognize the new res - seems ok at that res.
Esoteric Paradigm

Only problem with these lower resolutioons on smaller tablet screens is that we have to do way way too much scrolling around when scouting for 3 hours. Not much fun at all.
Trying scouting on a phone when the new app comes out would be totally game breaking imho. Not sure why they are bothering working on a phone app for this type of game where we need a large screen area to play it properly. If they just scaled stuff properly on tablet type screens it would be fine and then we could use the high resolution of these devices as intended.
tray

Post by tray »

my eyes hurt

Return to “Technical Help”