Mac Problems

This forum is for bugs, crash reports and error messages encountered when attempting to install or run the game.
Tsirhclig

Mac Problems

Post by Tsirhclig »

So I just downloaded Stronghold Kingdoms on my Mac and everything goes fine until I click play and then it says "Your Stronghold Kingdoms client is having problems connecting to the game servers. Trying to connect to the servers again.."

I read something about how computers with Norton software have this problem, but all the fixes were outdated and for PCs.

I have a MacBook Air that's new and I'm pretty dang sure all its specs par up to par. Does anyone know what to do?
HoodsBreath

Re: Mac Problems

Post by HoodsBreath »

I'm having similar problems. The game keeps freezing on the "retrieving data from server" screen. I'm using a macbook pro.
Lord Friendly

Post by Lord Friendly »

Please delete the SHK client and download the latest version from the app store.
Mr Londinium

Post by Mr Londinium »

I downloaded it from the app store and can't get past the login screen............. :(
Voltair

Post by Voltair »

Mr Londinium,

Can you please put in a ticket to support with all the details so they have it on file and can help you further: https://support.strongholdkingdoms.com/

Please include -
System Details
A screen or video of the error.
A description of the error.
If you have a virus checker installed and have tried disabling it when running SHK.
Lord Friendly

Post by Lord Friendly »

A new release (2.24.11) of SHK Mac is available via the App Store. This version should solve the login issues you were experiencing.

Please delete the current version of SHK on your Mac and download the latest version via the App Store.
Voltair

Post by Voltair »

herdian, make sure you've done as Lord Friendly suggests in the post before yours.

If you are still having an issue please ticket support here : https://support.strongholdkingdoms.com/

Return to “Technical Help”