Nvidia Graphics Card Issues!

This forum is for bugs, crash reports and error messages encountered when attempting to install or run the game.
ePaladin

Re: Nvidia Graphics Card Issues!

Post by ePaladin »

Agreed... I really cannot go back to the older drivers for very long. I am willing to do it temporarily, but this really needs to be addressed.
Thanks.
Tasmanian Devil

Post by Tasmanian Devil »

Having similar problems.
Icons on map blinking, the village screen is blinking black.

Running XP SP3 x32
GeForce GTX260
296.10 drivers

Tried changing driver settings - nothing helps.
Cheetahbiscuits

Post by Cheetahbiscuits »

Same problem, recent drivers 296.10 don't even have a fix for it yet, getting no response from nvidia as well as SHK support.

Running:
Win XP 32 bit
4gb ram
Nvidia 9800gtx+ XLR 1gb

icons blink on map screen
castle screen flashes black cant do anything except restore and repair
Village screen flashes black, nothing can really be done here, except dealing with honor and food/ale
chrisjm82

Post by chrisjm82 »

LOL. I just got the updates for my drivers and now no more game. Well seems they will not get around to it for a bit.

This is a turn key game guys. Its a hope for the cash of a bunch of players who are killing time on it. Games that work and have support cost something there not free. Why do you think there is no support button for an admin are GM? Much less a phone number.

Just give it time for Nvidia to slow down there update speed with the new driver are get a ATI card. Id not hold my breath on Nvidia to down grade for a pay to win game.

On the bright side. I think firefly will work to fix it soon. Only a retard would drop nvidia card uses. It be like drooping windows users.
chrisjm82

Post by chrisjm82 »

OK. Last driver to work seems to be 285.58. Its from October 24, 2011. (This is for the blinking icons prob with a GeForce card and windows XP. If you do not use the same look up your driver hear. http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us)

To kinda fix the prob (If going back is a fix) DL and install the old driver off this link.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-285. ... river.html

Nvidia uses a blanket install so it will not really matter what card you have as long as its Nvidia.

PS. I like firefly so far. The forming players into teams (Parish) from the start is grate. But the lack of a chat box? Ya i know there is a chat window. And if i post and mail half the day i may get a parish member in it to talk. Really add a chat box in the game window!
Tasmanian Devil

301.24 beta - still no good :cry:
rock_hound119

Post by rock_hound119 »

I have this problem as well but don't have the most recent Nvidia Graphics card. I have it when I pull up anything to do with cards while on an interactive screen. Pulling it up, causes the whole screen to flicker and flash. White and Blue do not mix. Any idea how I can fix this other than upgrading my computer? My computer is oldish. It is a Pentium 4 with Windows XP.
Echoie

Post by Echoie »

Same problem with newest driver. Sorry, submitted a ticket before I noticed this thread. :/

Thankfully I have a laptop as backup, but it's really inconvenient.
Greeboe

Post by Greeboe »

Just upgraded my drivers to play Diablo 3 and Game of Thrones and now I am getting the same flickering as the above posters...

Any progress on this issue?

Thanks!
Tasmanian Devil

driver version 301.42
game version 1.21.2.22

still no support

Return to “Technical Help”