Nvidia Graphics Card Issues!

This forum is for bugs, crash reports and error messages encountered when attempting to install or run the game.
Simeon Stylites

Re: Nvidia Graphics Card Issues!

Post by Simeon Stylites »

I was looking forward to playing this game for a bit. But I've got other games installed on my computer and drivers from 2011 are really not that great if you want to play any newer games as well.

So, I guess I'll un-install this game again. I was actually prepared to pay some cash to get going quicker. Oh well, your loss. Have fun.

Edit: Haha, this is fun. Someone else's post about using their laptop made me remember I also have one. So I thought, how about I try that then. Turns out I get the "There is a problem with DirectX" error on my laptop. Amazing how buggy this is. After an unintsall and re-install I'm getting all sorts of errors. I guess if I had a third computer I'd get a third, different, error! :roll:

Edit: Woah. Even while uninstalling I get errors now. Jeez. This stuff is dangerous. While installing on my laptop I even got a BSoD.
Voltair

Post by Voltair »

If you are all still having graphical issues then put in tickets to support so they are aware how many players still have this problem. That way they have it on file and can cross check.

Be specific and include screen shots if you can.
bambr

Post by bambr »

B.t.w. that flicker problem can be reproduced using vmware with installed winxp when card or logout window opened.
Lord Alacrity

Post by Lord Alacrity »

This is a problem with the latest Nvidia drivers. Many other games also have similar issues with them. We are waiting on a fix from Nvidia. In the meantime we suggest doing a rollback to the older driver version found here:

(Windows Vista and Windows 7)
http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvi ... river.html

(Windows XP)
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-275. ... river.html
Please try to rollback your driver to this earlier version to see if this corrects your problem.
MarkTwainn

Post by MarkTwainn »

would this be why i cant buy crowns at the moment? I am installing the older version to see if that helps, but wanted to know if this was the cause.
MarkTwainn

Post by MarkTwainn »

k, that got it ........ but are you getting this resolved? I don't want to have to keep reinstalling the drivers just to play other games.
Voltair

Post by Voltair »

Lord Alacrity wrote:This is a problem with the latest Nvidia drivers. Many other games also have similar issues with them. We are waiting on a fix from Nvidia.
The fix as Lord Alacrity posts above, needs to come from Nvidia since it's down to their driver. Just keep a check on their site for any updates.
Tasmanian Devil

Post by Tasmanian Devil »

A miracle happened.
304.79 beta works fine with GTX260
metroman

Post by metroman »

I returned to an older version of NVidia drivers, and the older ones and the newer ones don't work at all....the game runs fine if offline for a few hours, then after about 3 minutes, the systems starts to drag to a slower graphics process...
metroman

Post by metroman »

DavidSpy wrote:
metroman wrote: the systems starts to drag to a slower graphics process...
Drag, how? I'm curious because I use old graphics drivers and it either works fine or I just never noticed.

It actually just did it a second ago...it was running smooth and quick, then once I selected a villiage to recruit troops, it began to slow down...and even drags Internet Explorer as I'm posting this message...Just wish I knew what was causing...must be more then just the video driver...

Return to “Technical Help”