Beta Account

If you’re new to Stronghold Kingdoms or have a question about the game, check here for useful advice.
bcereuphoria

Beta Account

Post by bcereuphoria »

Hi one and all,
Just quick q, will beta accounts roll over to live? I'm planning on getting addicted and spending lots of time, but not if it will all get wiped
many thanks
Golradir1

Re: Beta Account

Post by Golradir1 »

edit: nevermindz, read post below
Last edited by Golradir1 on Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Golradir1

Post by Golradir1 »

flk1331 wrote:
Benzie wrote:Just to confirm, accounts will NOT be reset when the game reaches full release.
Hmm.. Didn't see that coming..
neither did i :shock:
Cyberr

Post by Cyberr »

im pretty sure it will all be wiped except your crowns cause that would be redonkuless
Merepatra

Post by Merepatra »

The accounts will not be wiped, and there are no plans to shut down the beta world at any point in the foreseeable future. Other worlds will open at some time, but that one will remain as World 1.
The Black Plague

Post by The Black Plague »

Benzie wrote:Just to confirm, accounts will NOT be reset when the game reaches full release.
Hate to ask, but is that WISE?!?!

Newcomers may be intimidated by the fact that someone can come and just vanquish them once they come out of newbie protection.. and there are those that will and do just that.. not a good way to 'keep' new people coming in, unless you plan on opening up multiple servers where new players can join new servers, then it might be okay.
Merepatra

Post by Merepatra »

There will eventually be new worlds, but for now newcomers will generally be in counties away from the older players as the game expands across the map and there are also quite heavy honour penalties for attacking lower ranked players. If you are highly ranked then attacking somebody the minute they come out of beginner peacetime is generally unfeasible, the honour cost is too high compared to the benefit.
The Black Plague

Post by The Black Plague »

Merepatra wrote:There will eventually be new worlds, but for now newcomers will generally be in counties away from the older players as the game expands across the map and there are also quite heavy honour penalties for attacking lower ranked players. If you are highly ranked then attacking somebody the minute they come out of beginner peacetime is generally unfeasible, the honour cost is too high compared to the benefit.
Yeah, I was around for some Alpha loving, that's why I said things the way I said them.. honor is easy to come by, so the honor hit generally stings for a short period of time. Been there, done that.
fundraiser

Post by fundraiser »

What other costs can we expect. If it gets more expensive than world of warcraft it won't be cost effective. I can see spending $20 or $25 per month but not much more than that.
Cyberr

Post by Cyberr »

fundraiser wrote:What other costs can we expect. If it gets more expensive than world of warcraft it won't be cost effective. I can see spending $20 or $25 per month but not much more than that.
WOW cost 30$ for 2 months of play

Return to “Game Help”