About becoming steward

If you’re new to Stronghold Kingdoms or have a question about the game, check here for useful advice.
atul788

About becoming steward

Post by atul788 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:34 pm

I am alone in my parish.
Can I become steward.

DontBeaWuss

Re: About becoming steward

Post by DontBeaWuss » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:49 pm

Of course...either use your free votes or send a monk...unless of course you're on a new world because, as soon as you become steward, many will come and steal your flags.

William Trask

Post by William Trask » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:47 pm

Have a village in a parish and cannot vote. It shows no votes available. Also, I found a parish that was unoccupied, bought a village and now cannot vote there either. No one is the steward and would like to install myself. I can vote in another parish where I have one village. I do not know why it lets me in one but not in the other two…

King Phillip II

Post by King Phillip II » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:02 pm

William Trask wrote:Have a village in a parish and cannot vote. It shows no votes available. Also, I found a parish that was unoccupied, bought a village and now cannot vote there either. No one is the steward and would like to install myself. I can vote in another parish where I have one village. I do not know why it lets me in one but not in the other two…
If you got a new village in a parish, you will have to wait for new votes to appear.

I think you receive 3 votes per 24 hours, with a maximum of 24 (or 21?..) per village
Join me on World 10 or China 1
Scream to the devil that God is good

latefordinner

Post by latefordinner » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:45 am

related question. I just elected myself steward of a parish that has been abandoned by the previous steward. (well, somebody had to take over, and as I am the only active player in the parish atm the choice seemed obvious) Slowly rebuilding the damage done by various raiding players. Quite a list of things to do!
Among other things, how do I go about raising troops to defend the parish castle? Just send my own? Also, is it possible for flags to spawn, or is the only way to just build a big army and go door to door?

thanks in advance

King Phillip II

Post by King Phillip II » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:19 pm

latefordinner wrote:Among other things, how do I go about raising troops to defend the parish castle? Just send my own? Also, is it possible for flags to spawn, or is the only way to just build a big army and go door to door?
Troops
Yes, you can send your own troops to the parish. Once they arrived, they will be part of your parish's army, and the steward (you) can use them to attack or defend. Place barracks to increase army space, place supply depots to increase army speed.
The parish itself can also hire mercenaries for it's army. You can recruit peasants, pikemen, archers, swordsmen and catapults, using parish gold. If you want to do it this way, you will have to place the required buildings. These buildings will give you access to a certain troop type. (Eg. Archery Range for archers)

Flags
To place all these buildings, you will indeed need flags. Flags will spawn automatically in your parish, I think 1 flag per 36 hours. So, if you want to place any significant buildings, you will have to wait a long time. So yeah, if you want to speed up this process; go raid some flags from other parishes.
This can be done using troops from your own villages, or using troops the parish army. You can also raid gold, but only with the parish army.

Good luck!

latefordinner

Post by latefordinner » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:34 pm

Thank you for the reply, King Phillip II. That helps clarify. There were no flags in the village when I took over, still aren't any several days later. I guess it's going to be a looooooooong wait before I can build an archery range. Fortunately there are still a few troops there, and enough walls and towers to build on. I will send a few more of my own, as soon as I can build them (and also protect my own little village).Taxes/tithes aren't too high, but high enough that I can buy a little stone now and again and improve the walls. <sigh> I would rather depend on walls of steel than walls of stone, but for now this must be sufficient. Thanks again.

King Phillip II

Post by King Phillip II » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:33 am

latefordinner wrote:Thank you for the reply, King Phillip II. That helps clarify. There were no flags in the village when I took over, still aren't any several days later. I guess it's going to be a looooooooong wait before I can build an archery range. Fortunately there are still a few troops there, and enough walls and towers to build on. I will send a few more of my own, as soon as I can build them (and also protect my own little village).Taxes/tithes aren't too high, but high enough that I can buy a little stone now and again and improve the walls. <sigh> I would rather depend on walls of steel than walls of stone, but for now this must be sufficient. Thanks again.
No problem, glad to help!
And remember: you can also send stone from your village to your parish using traders, without having to spend parish gold.

William Trask

Post by William Trask » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:20 am

can you explain to me the point and purpose of sitting in a parish with one small village and not developing anything? parish after parish I see one village and nothing else. What is the benefit other than waiting for someone to spawn into the parish?

Priest Guardian

Post by Priest Guardian » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:34 pm

William Trask wrote:can you explain to me the point and purpose of sitting in a parish with one small village and not developing anything? parish after parish I see one village and nothing else. What is the benefit other than waiting for someone to spawn into the parish?
Without knowing a lot of details that could change the answer I give. The most obvious to me is political power

The player in question may hold the sheriff seat for the county and puts all his/her resources into upgrading the sheriff seat which has a more able army. They may also have a primary parish also which they focus on with perhaps a couple villages in. Then they try to control as many other parishes as possible in the county with one village in each for votes to keep their seat secure, as most players not holding seats of political power are irregular at best with voting

This is probably the most popular reason to your question but not the only one
After you try all the other MMO's , you keep coming back to SHK's

Return to “Game Help”