Long Research Times

If you’re new to Stronghold Kingdoms or have a question about the game, check here for useful advice.
Trila

Long Research Times

Post by Trila » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:17 am

Do alot of people just quit once their research times get long?

I am at about 4 1/2 hours per research right now and 5 1/1 hours for village build times.

Just do not see myself hanging around for to long with the trend I am seeing.

DannyOla

Re: Long Research Times

Post by DannyOla » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:44 pm

Hello Trila,

In order to reduce the time it takes for research to complete you should consider fully researching mathematics under the education tab.

Kind Regards,

DannyOla

Nyota

Post by Nyota » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:46 pm

As Danny says, the Maths skill is very useful. However, i do understand what you mean. And that is why they give the "premium" token option. That is the option to pay for a few benefits. The interesting thing is.. the longer you play the game, the less the premium token becomes useful heh.

It allows you to stack 5 researches at once. So in your case you could come back the next day and not "lose" out on any time.
After hundreds of researches, even with maxed Maths, you find researches taking 24 hours. This is in fact quite nice, ironically enough. Because we can simply log in once a day if we so wish, and not "lose" out.
Sure its all in our mind, if we think we "lose" time or not ;) But that is how the devs can make some money, which is completely ok. In my view a very well balanced "free to play, option to pay" game, should not enable people to "pay to win" but instead allow those who don't want to wait.. to be able to not "lose" time.

Anyway, im rambling. *zips lips*

btw, Danny, Aberdeen! heh ;) Nice one, liked it when i visited there.

Xolotl

Post by Xolotl » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:00 pm

My research seems to be slowing down now, at first at increases rapidly, but I don't seem to have researches that last more than a day, it's like they approach it, but never reach it.

Of course this could be wrong, and I do not have full mathematics research, but it just seems to take the same amount each day to research something.

Xolotl
Ex-General in H5 - W2
Ex-Marshall of H14 - W3

You know, every "good" MMO has an engaging and active ingame chat. SHK doesn't. Does that tell you something?

burst1

Post by burst1 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:29 pm

I'm at around 30 hours research time and 1d+ build time in most of my villages. You get use to the long waiting times :)

countjimula

Post by countjimula » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:14 am

Long research times is one of the equalizers that reduces the advantage to heavy carders and long hour players.
We need more incentives to help prevent one house world rule in this game!

Thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=116&t=24768

thekpd

Post by thekpd » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:29 am

Yeah, my researches are about 28 hours, and almost every village I have is 24 hours + construction time. thats with everything maxed time wise :(

There are PLENTY of other things to do in this game, besides just wait for research.

DavidSpy

Post by DavidSpy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:20 am

Trila wrote:Do alot of people just quit once their research times get long?

I am at about 4 1/2 hours per research right now and 5 1/1 hours for village build times.

Just do not see myself hanging around for to long with the trend I am seeing.
If you are looking for instant gratification you should play the stand-alone Stronghold games as they all have instant build buildings, hence no waiting.

I personally have research at over 30 hours each now and I really don't have a problem with it tbh. Like another posted pointed out it is imperative for balanced gameplay.
Questions? You should join my Discord group
Helpful SHK Sites: SHK Advanced Guide | SHK Strategy
Check out my Stronghold Kingdoms tutorials on YouTube | RazingHell

ImageImage

MOARCOWBELL

Post by MOARCOWBELL » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:25 am

A premium token and use of the research queue can help.

There is a really tough point to get through in the game at the lower-mid level ranks. When you are new you can find something to do while on-line, when you are higher rank and built up you can find a lot to do, or just simply check in for a few minutes a few times a day.

In the middle it can be tough. Seems like you are always wishing for a few more things researched to help here or there, more scouts, faster scouts, more merchants, faster merchants, better build times, larger stockpile. And if you have a few hours available it seems like you can't even utilize it all. A few minutes and then what?

I got through this time with a premium token. About the same time I needed a 3rd village. I swore when I started I wasn't going to spend money but there were so many benefits. I bought the deluxe pack and it saved me. The 30 day premium got me through that tough period. Once the research gets over about 18 hours it isn't so bad if you log on about the same time everyday just click what you want to forget about it till tomorrow.

thekpd

Post by thekpd » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:46 am

Yep, the premium token is awesome, you can go to bed wake up and find 5 researches completely done :)
I was banging thru 10 researches a day, for a few weeks with a premium token.

Now, the researches are so long that I'm usually online when the research is done.

But like I said before.... there are tons of other things to be doing than waiting for reseach/building ques. Scout stashes, buy/sell at markets, attack AI wolf lairs ect.

Return to “Game Help”